Author Topic: Pick discussion  (Read 10385 times)

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
Re: Pick discussion
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2010, 08:49:44 AM »
1 v 1s should be respected and never bothered. There is enough tarding going on in the MA as it is. Pickers and runners should be ganged, vulched, HO'd, Rammed or whatever you have to do to kill the nancy.

Oh and the word replacement filter is kind of ummmm nevermind.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Tordon22

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2010, 08:56:28 AM »
Eat, or be eaten.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 09:32:38 AM by Tordon22 »

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2010, 09:28:06 AM »
Unless it's an active attempt as taking a base, I'll ask if the friendly is Ok or needs help.  I know it pisses me off when some numpty swoops in and kills the guy I just spent 5 minutes with to get him low and slow and now am about to kill him.

A furball is another matter - any red guy flying through my sights might get shot at.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2010, 10:10:02 AM »
            Unless you are in a private one on one duel in the DA and someone butts in, all is fair. Whether you are winning a fight and a friendly blows the guy away, or if you were losing it and the guy says "Yer clear", alls fair.
 This, HOs,RAMS,VULCHES,ROPES,YOU HAD MORE ALT,NO FAIR YOU BOUNCED ME, etc,etc, are all fair. Somewhat lame, but fair.

Ditto!!!

I don't mind shooting them down anyway I can. Picking, like any other aspect of the game can get old. So sometimes I just go in and just get dirty with 'em.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline MonkGF

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2010, 10:20:34 AM »
The last time I took the time to ask someone if he wanted help or wanted to finish the 1v1, I spent so much time typing out the question that the guy on his tail caught me on one of his vertical manuevers and killed me just after I finished typing but before I could get the answer. I'm done trying to find out if a 1v1 is private or not in the MA, head to the duelling arena if you want a 1v1. I don't have time to figure out if it's private or not.
-- Greg Stelmack
-- Ex-AW pilot, Gunfighters Squadron

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2010, 10:25:41 AM »
The last time I took the time to ask someone if he wanted help or wanted to finish the 1v1, I spent so much time typing out the question that the guy on his tail caught me on one of his vertical manuevers and killed me just after I finished typing but before I could get the answer. I'm done trying to find out if a 1v1 is private or not in the MA, head to the duelling arena if you want a 1v1. I don't have time to figure out if it's private or not.
invest in a mic  :aok
Or type faster
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline MonkGF

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2010, 10:34:51 AM »
invest in a mic  :aok
Or type faster

I've got a mic, just folks don't always have one to answer back. Yes, horrible SA on my part (really needed to stay higher while waiting to find out the answer, I put myself in danger), but the point was the enemy con was just out for kills and didn't care about the 1v1. I can find out my countrymate's feelings, but not the enemy con's feelings on the matter. Really, in the MA anything goes, you can't try to guess what's going on with a fight, you just have to fight. If you really want a 1v1, there is an entire arena dedicated to that, so don't get upset if your 1v1 gets spoiled, because there are too many other 1v1s that aren't nearly as chivalrous as you, and I really can't take the time to figure out which one you want to be.
-- Greg Stelmack

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2010, 10:36:03 AM »
In a furball I shoot anything red, 1v1 I normally ask on vox.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2010, 10:38:23 AM »
I say lets put a light on a pole directly behind the cockpit.  The pole should be at least three feet high so it can be easily seen.  

Have a switch mapped to a throttle, stick, or mouse that controls a red or green light.  This switch must be mapped to something other than a keyboard, so it can be readily available and there could be no excuse for not being able to activate it.  

Green means that you can help me, red means to stay out.

Jeeeeeeeeeez

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2010, 10:52:01 AM »
When I enter a fight I realize that I have to keep my mind on more than just the cartoon plane I am engaged with. There is also the situation surrounding us that I have to keep in mind and that includes other AC entering the fight. While a 1 v 1 is generally more desirable the fight doesn't end until I depart the area successfully or die. That being said, if I see another ac in the skies during the fight then I realize that my fight just expanded by one and I have to adjust my tactics accordingly to survive. I personally never expect the other plane joining the fight to stay out of it and expand my ACM to encounter the new plane. Doing this can lead to success more often than not, regardless of rather it is one or two. In the end, if I get engaged by the second plane I would not consider it a pick at all, but poor SA on my part to have allowed it.
  The old adage, it isn't over til the fat lady sings holds true. Expect the worse, hope for the best, and plan for success. Now, what I would consider a pick therefore is probably different than most would. To me, if I am engaged with 3 or more, and you not being one of the planes I am not engaged with decide to buzz thru blazing and get the kill, then I would consider that a pick of sorts as you completely robbed those earnestly engaged in my demise of any closure. Surely the odds were against my survival and your killing me only hastened it but those who had entered the fight probably deserved the kill more.
Yea, simply because I can

Offline MonkGF

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2010, 11:04:21 AM »
Now, what I would consider a pick therefore is probably different than most would. To me, if I am engaged with 3 or more, and you not being one of the planes I am not engaged with decide to buzz thru blazing and get the kill, then I would consider that a pick of sorts as you completely robbed those earnestly engaged in my demise of any closure. Surely the odds were against my survival and your killing me only hastened it but those who had entered the fight probably deserved the kill more.

That I'd agree with, and frankly it's stupid anyway, you should be loitering at alt to try and pick any rescuers that come along...
-- Greg Stelmack

Offline TeeArr

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2010, 11:33:56 AM »
Jimmy Thatch:  hey!  Butch!...I have one on my 6, I need some help here!

Butch O'Hare:  I see you Jimmy I'm coming down to help.....Oh wait, you are too far to the side of the main fight...Sorry Bud. you got yourself into this mess...Rules are rules!

Jimmy Thatch:You (Expletive Deleted)!!!!

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2010, 11:36:53 AM »
I've got a mic, just folks don't always have one to answer back.
:lol
You don't need to type to them to have them type back.  I ask on Range Vox all the time and sometimes get a text back unless they have a mic.  If they don't answer, they're too busy and I assume they want to fight, not talk and I hang out and watch for a minute or two.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2010, 11:59:15 AM »
Picking 1v1 is very bad, I would only take someone out 1v1 if the person asks me too.

As for killing people in a furball, thats thier fault. SA is key if you don't want to get picked.
Strokes

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2010, 02:11:47 PM »
Picking 1v1 is very bad, I would only take someone out 1v1 if the person asks me too.

As for killing people in a furball, thats thier fault. SA is key if you don't want to get picked.

Possition even more than SA, IMO. If you're dumb enough to get low in a 190D, then its your own damn fault if every enemy within icon range come diving in from 5k to kill you. SA won't much help you avoid the 15 sprayers that will go through all of their ammunition for an assist, but possition might.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th