Author Topic: B-29 question for HiTech or anyone from HTC that can answer...  (Read 2232 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: B-29 question for HiTech or anyone from HTC that can answer...
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2010, 09:03:22 PM »
To be honest I really wish HTC would've put the Condor in place of the B29. It would've given us bomber guys a tough bomber and filled a hole in the axis plane set.

The Condor was neither tough, nor was it really a bomber.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2010, 09:57:26 PM »
To be honest I really wish HTC would've put the Condor in place of the B29. It would've given us bomber guys a tough bomber and filled a hole in the axis plane set.
That has got to be the first place I have ever seen the Fw200 Condor called "tough".  We're talking about a long range patrol bomber built out of an airliner (note:  not an "airliner" like the He111, but an actual airliner with no bomber pretensions) that was so structurally weak its back sometimes broke on landing.

Fw200 = Mossie food.  I have the kill lists.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2010, 10:22:43 PM »
It could be both variants  :D
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2010, 02:10:42 AM »
Hek wouldn't some other crew member be able to shimmy there way to that gun position to man the .50cal :mad:

pretty sure they couldnt, seeing as in game it's its own little capsule

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2010, 02:14:25 AM »
lol yes they could move around the plane, but the damage model does not state wether or not the crewman or the gun itself is dead
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2010, 02:31:57 AM »
funk that, it'll just be another hangar queen that nobody wants to use...except for in scenarios.

also hoping for the b-29 variant which can defend itself, As is i would much rather use the candlestick b-24 or the less ord carrying b-17 rather than the lancaster. Doesn't matter if a plane can carry 50,000lbs of ord if it won't ever make it to the target.

Also another thing whats with lancaster tail gunners dieing soo easily, it sux so much being at 25k in perfectly good lancs with dead tail gunners. getting bb'd to death because all other positions are useless. Can't count how many times I've  had all tail gunners destroyed on a single pass, great nothing left to do but sit here an "take it" while the 109f takes its sweet time killing all my undefendable bombers. Hek wouldn't some other crew member be able to shimmy there way to that gun position to man the .50cal :mad:

Please, oh please, go do some research on tail gunners in Lancasters.  It's not so simple as to just hop back to the tail.  Remove the dead crewman and repair the damaged turrets under those circumstances.  Who is going to do it?  Mid upper?  Flight engineer is busy helping the pilot.  Nav?  Might need him

Might want to learn "Corkscrew Port Go!"

Try Max Hastings book "Bomber COmmand",  Martin Middlebrooks book "The Nuremburg Raid" and Chaz Bowyers book "Guns in the sky" to help you at least gain a clue as to what you are talking about
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2010, 04:16:35 AM »
I would hope it's the A, IF it wins over the 410.

On a side note, where is the Betty?  Me getting a little :x for it.  :x
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2010, 04:33:03 AM »
I would assume that it's the A as thous were the majority of the B-29s during WWII, however as Ack-Ack said an official response from HTC would be quite helpful.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline SWkiljoy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2010, 09:46:46 AM »
Please, oh please, go do some research on tail gunners in Lancasters.  It's not so simple as to just hop back to the tail.  Remove the dead crewman and repair the damaged turrets under those circumstances.  Who is going to do it?  Mid upper?  Flight engineer is busy helping the pilot.  Nav?  Might need him

Might want to learn "Corkscrew Port Go!"

Try Max Hastings book "Bomber COmmand",  Martin Middlebrooks book "The Nuremburg Raid" and Chaz Bowyers book "Guns in the sky" to help you at least gain a clue as to what you are talking about
Please Guppy, take pity on the guy...lol. Share your knowledge instead of throwing it in our faces?   :cry   :lol
Proud member and Flight Leader of the 125th Spartan Warriors
<<S>> SWkiljoy

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2010, 03:24:14 PM »
Which version of the B-29 is in the voting, is it the A or B model?  I know it's probably too late at this point but knowing which model is proposed could be a major influence on those wishing for the B-29 and even sway some that were on the fence to vote for the B-29.

Will people be more likely to vote for the B-29A, or would more be likely to vote for the B-29B because it was lighter, faster and carried more bombs but lacked the armor and defensive fire power of the A?

ack-ack
historically, we get the version that is least popular with the player base.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2010, 03:37:45 PM »
:lol
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2010, 04:30:01 PM »
Don't mistake this for an anti-me410 thread...........                           :bolt:

Please.....not the Me410

We already have 6 Axis heavy attack aircraft and we desperately need to flesh out some fun in the main arena.

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2010, 04:36:06 PM »
Don't mistake this for an anti-me410 thread...........                           :bolt:

Agreed.  People should stop mistaking this as an anti-[insert plane] thread, it's only to get clarification of which model B-29 we are being asked to vote for.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2010, 05:45:02 PM »
Im not finding any data that provides actual factory designations for follow on variations like a -A or -B?

I know that Lemay had the guns and gunners (minus tail) removed when he switched to low level night bombing but that appears to be strictly a field mod.  The silverplate B29s modified for the manhatten project were also soecial one offs.

The first actual upgrade for the 29 appears to be the B-50
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2010, 06:25:07 PM »

:rofl
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF