Author Topic: new set up  (Read 800 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
new set up
« on: November 14, 2010, 02:19:54 PM »
in the ava.

this week, there's no pee38 in the lineup, so i figured i'd try the pee39. we have the "Q" model. until this setup, i had never flown this aircraft, nor had i much of a chance to fight against it in the other arenas.

i gotta say i kind of like it. she dives like a homesick gohpher(as mentioned on the squad forum), and will hang with 190's in high speed turns much better then the pee38.
 the guns package is kind of weak though, but she has a 37mm firing through the nose. i've set my convergences to 475 for now, but it seems much harder to hit than with the 38, when i get the same "sight picture" that i'm used to when i decide to fire.

she could use more power, as she doesn't have much vertical performance......some screens......

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: new set up
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 06:36:28 PM »
i gotta say i kind of like it.

The Q is really a very different plane from the miserable D, especially in climb.  You'll like it even more if you get rid of those gonds, I think.  The two center-line .50s and the 37mm are usually more than enough.

- oldman

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 08:02:49 PM »
The Q is really a very different plane from the miserable D, especially in climb.  You'll like it even more if you get rid of those gonds, I think.  The two center-line .50s and the 37mm are usually more than enough.

- oldman

if i can stay consious long enough tonight, i'll try that.....
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 10:33:00 PM »

- oldman
idk. i won a round of KOTH with gondies on and also like em in the MAs. yeah it slows the roll and climb rates but it gives a better punch. although its always a trade, like most 109 pilots dont like gondies either
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 10:34:56 PM »
idk. i won a round of KOTH with gondies on and also like em in the MAs. yeah it slows the roll and climb rates but it gives a better punch. although its always a trade, like most 109 pilots dont like gondies either

bear in mind, that this is the first time i've flown this. i shot at the drones for a bit, but that's it.........

i dunno why i can't hit with this though. when i go from a 38 to a zeek or hellcat, i can still hit. it's almost as if the ballistics are different, although i know they're not.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 10:43:05 PM »
Take gondies off, 2 more 50cals isn't much of help considering, that they hinder the performance of the plane.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 10:48:03 PM »
Take gondies off, 2 more 50cals isn't much of help considering, that they hinder the performance of the plane.

you ain't seen my gunnery, have ya? i need to lob as much lead as i can atcha!!   :noid :airplane:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 10:56:03 PM »
you ain't seen my gunnery, have ya? i need to lob as much lead as i can atcha!!   :noid :airplane:
Hehe I would say lead it like a tater, but u fly 38's  :D
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 11:04:03 PM »
Hehe I would say lead it like a tater, but u fly 38's  :D

uh huh....i'm normally on the recieving end of those dam things......kinda like "hey!!! wtf happened to my wing?!"

i am gonna try without the gondolas though...i mean...what do i have to lose really? i'm gonna have fun either way.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 11:11:05 PM »
uh huh....i'm normally on the recieving end of those dam things......kinda like "hey!!! wtf happened to my wing?!"

i am gonna try without the gondolas though...i mean...what do i have to lose really? i'm gonna have fun either way.  :aok
If your happy, then that's all that matters
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 11:22:31 PM »
get good accuracy with the gondies and you got a much better punch than with just 2... and that 37mm seems really awkward to fire in my opinion
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2010, 10:15:30 AM »
I love the 39D and Q in Midwar.  Just need to get a good alt and a good head of steam (energy) before rolling into a fight.  That and having a good feel for the cannon. 
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2010, 10:26:14 AM »
I love the 39D and Q in Midwar.  Just need to get a good alt and a good head of steam (energy) before rolling into a fight.  That and having a good feel for the cannon. 

any suggestions on that?

as you can see, i did score 2 hits with it....but they were both less than D100, and purely lucky i think,........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline SWkiljoy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2010, 10:41:57 AM »
Gondolas will kill ya, you want a punch??  Them Top of the Line Taters will serve ya something real fancy, promise  :aok
Proud member and Flight Leader of the 125th Spartan Warriors
<<S>> SWkiljoy

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2010, 12:22:18 PM »
Gondolas will kill ya, you want a punch??  Them Top of the Line Taters will serve ya something real fancy, promise  :aok

i guess i should have known that hanging them under the wings would kill performance...just didn't expect em to kill it that much...i can't wait to try without them....
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"