Author Topic: NOT FUN ANY MORE!!!  (Read 21378 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: NOT FUN ANY MORE!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2010, 10:43:45 PM »
I've been playing this game for about a year now and it has become a big part of my daily routine. For me, and as evidenced by the declining numbers may other players found the changes made to the game strategy brought out by the update in the town graphics and subsequent degree of difficulty in taking a base, I found the game to be frustrating instead of fun. The failure of the WW1 forums should have been enough evidence that to a good portion of the game is base capture and the winning of maps is as important if not more than what your overall rank is. With this latest change I can just see this a a typical scenario...  

(You come in and start playing a 1PM only to have the game change a 3PM just as you were about to get a base you had been working on for the last 2 hours, only to be told sorry gents we got to switch to the night arena you'll have to finish tomorrow, and don't forget to be there at 4am or the base you had sweatted your butt off to get will be back up.)

It's already bad enough that Titanic Tuesdays mean nothing more than score hoarding because taking a base means nothing.

AH, I'm pissed and I hate to say this but unless the games changes make the game fun to play then there is no point in playing the game.

Robert

If you can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen.

I hear there is a new Barney game coming out that may be more to your liking. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2010, 10:44:28 PM »
I'm still pissed about the $20 "Claw"  :furious :P
Charlie don't surf!

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2010, 10:49:09 PM »
I don't even know what Rule# I want to see here in my reply...................
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2010, 11:31:49 PM »
 :old: the game is fun, ur just tripping qbert.

ps if ya wanna whine gimme ur internet connection n a desktop  :aok
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2010, 11:38:03 PM »
Basically, you want the game dumbed down to make it easier for you.  JOACH1M posting under a shade account?

ack-ack
WTF why do u think ima a shade, if I am then what was my old name I'd love to know, u and your realistic non-sence and brin your misery somewhere else
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline qbert55ca

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2010, 12:02:18 AM »

AH, I'm pissed and I hate to say this but unless the games changes make the game fun to play then there is no point in playing the game.

Robert

Does it matter if it's a first post or a last post, no the topic is straight forward and valid. It's not about making the game easier like some of you think and it's not about whining as some other of you think. It's a straight forward expression to the developers of AH changing the game to a point that I no longer get any pleasure in playing it. Some will see it my way and agree, others will not and want to ridicule me for my view. In actual fact, I don't care what any of you think, I was asked to post my thought by my CO and I did so.
Again, AH I'm pissedthat you have changed this gamed to the point where it is no longer any fun to play.

Robert

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2010, 12:05:48 AM »
 :rofl :rofl  Ack-Ack.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2010, 12:14:02 AM »
Does it matter if it's a first post or a last post, no the topic is straight forward and valid. It's not about making the game easier like some of you think and it's not about whining as some other of you think. It's a straight forward expression to the developers of AH changing the game to a point that I no longer get any pleasure in playing it. Some will see it my way and agree, others will not and want to ridicule me for my view. In actual fact, I don't care what any of you think, I was asked to post my thought by my CO and I did so.
Again, AH I'm pissedthat you have changed this gamed to the point where it is no longer any fun to play.

Robert
You weren't taking a base when the switch happened, you were by your field in a GV. Your whining about stuff that hasn't even happened yet. Next time wait for the stuff your afraid will happen to actually happen before you start on some big rant.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2010, 12:14:39 AM »
  Qbert dont look at the map as the game. Its the fights not the real estate that matters. If you cant bounce from one arena to another without having the same amount of fun, you are doing it wrong.

~AoM~

Offline canacka

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2010, 12:20:31 AM »
AH I'm pissedthat you have changed this gamed to the point where it is no longer any fun to play for me because I want to win in the easiest way possible.  For everyone else it seems pretty good!  :aok

Robert

Fixed!

71 Squadron RAF

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2010, 12:21:54 AM »

Robert

What is it you like(d) to do that you can no longer do?

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2010, 12:36:23 AM »

Robert

We've got more planes, tanks etc and more options then ever.  What can't you do that you could before, beyond take a base really fast against no opposition?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline WyoKId

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2010, 12:58:33 AM »
I have tracked & recorded the actual numbers over the past years. The new towns had only a measurable impact on the (already minor) EW population.
The decline in numbers in the LW (which accounts for about 90% of the action) has been gradually and started long (about 2-3 years!) before there towns had been upgraded

There are many more reasons to it than one or two gameplay / design decisions.

Where's the graph ?
Outside of a dog , a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read.

"i like the enemy to know I killed em, building animosity amongst enemy makes for fun... otherwise why not go play golf or somethin"   bagrat

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2010, 01:17:09 AM »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2010, 01:43:04 AM »
WTF why do u think ima a shade, if I am then what was my old name I'd love to know, u and your realistic non-sence and brin your misery somewhere else
Just stop please. For the love of all fishermen.

R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14