Author Topic: Cats outa the bag eh?  (Read 6683 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Cats outa the bag eh?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2010, 09:00:27 PM »
  Am I late?!  Have Storch, Larry, N7 & VWE really decided to stop using their sad lil' shade accounts they created to cause trouble and are actually going to grow a pair, come out of the shade(s) and into the light, and play the game like grown men?!  Sweet!  

It isn't them, Ranger.  Those guys are my friends.  They wouldn't deliberately try to destroy what you and I and others have spent a lot of time trying to build up.

- oldman

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2010, 09:15:29 PM »
It isn't them, Ranger.  Those guys are my friends.  They wouldn't deliberately try to destroy what you and I and others have spent a lot of time trying to build up.

- oldman

i was gonna say......n7 and storch have been posting some on fw.......and storchie assured me that he isn't antivortex.....and i believe him.

he's another one i wish i hadn't acted like an bellybutton towards...........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2010, 09:17:31 PM »

- oldman

I've got a bridge for sale, by the ocean and I only take cash.  You sound like a perfect buyer OM.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2010, 10:07:47 PM »
If I am wrong then I apologize.  Whoever they are, it is a shame the law considers them adults.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2010, 11:11:56 PM »
If I am wrong then I apologize.  Whoever they are, it is a shame the law considers them adults.

i think if storch was gonna come over and screw with the arena, he'd just use his old name. i don't honestly think he would though, as i do believe he was part of what/who got this arena up and running last time?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2010, 06:15:34 AM »
i think if storch was gonna come over and screw with the arena, he'd just use his old name. i don't honestly think he would though, as i do believe he was part of what/who got this arena up and running last time?

You're nuts and completely wrong.  On both accounts.

Although I do agree with you that none of them are Storch.  Just his previous lackeys.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2010, 06:34:59 AM »
Just because someone helped start an arena doesn't mean they would always have its best interest at heart.

A constant battle in any limited plane set historical arena is the Big Fish in a Small Pond syndrome. Some folks like the limited competition inherent to such a setup and work to keep the population low to stroke their own egos.

The current problem is exactly what is going on. It is an exercise in ego gratification.

A possible solution is to recruit (or create) a squadron willing to invest time to opposing this minor annoyance. A constant 8 ship over the perps would discourage them fairly quickly and they would leave or be forced to recruit a force of like minded juveniles to contend with it. Either way is good. One way they leave. The other way more people fly in the arena.

And it would have the added bonus of creating a team work atmosphere in the AvA.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2010, 06:44:06 AM »
well, there's AVA JG3! but i think the triplets are getting the best of them most of the time.

<edit> no disrespect intended, just in case it came off that way. maybe you guys could be the defining force and start beating them (IE the triplets).
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 07:02:03 AM by captain1ma »

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2010, 06:47:34 AM »
While I agree squadrons operating in the AvA is a good thing and should be encouraged. I don't think forming a squad with the express purpose of going after any certain group is a good idea. It just adds more fuel to the fire and keeps the venom flowing. Friendly healthy competition with other squads I'm all for. Witch hunts or adding to an already ex sisting problem isn't going to do anybody any good. I believe in fighting hard being aggressive, and playing to win. However if we're going to do things for the sake of revenge or some attempt to punish others...  That's just another form of negative activity that will just lead to more negative activity. Bring your teamwork and flying to the arena by all means. In the long run that's the best medicine. Check the torches and noose at the door though.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2010, 07:08:43 AM »
While I agree squadrons operating in the AvA is a good thing and should be encouraged. I don't think forming a squad with the express purpose of going after any certain group is a good idea. It just adds more fuel to the fire and keeps the venom flowing. Friendly healthy competition with other squads I'm all for. Witch hunts or adding to an already ex sisting problem isn't going to do anybody any good. I believe in fighting hard being aggressive, and playing to win. However if we're going to do things for the sake of revenge or some attempt to punish others...  That's just another form of negative activity that will just lead to more negative activity. Bring your teamwork and flying to the arena by all means. In the long run that's the best medicine. Check the torches and noose at the door though.

Its only negative if they participate in the text exchange. I guess I should have been more clear. It really isn't a witch hunt I intended. Just a constant presence in a large enough force to prevent 3 people from dominating an arena.

There is usually only one fight in the arena and a good four ship easily defeats these clowns. The few times I've brought my squadron in when these guys were in there we ran them all over the map with 4 or 5 P-38's flying a style that is much frowned upon in the AvA. As a habit of many years now we takeoff from a rear area base, climb high and fight together. We are true gang bangers. We fly in an historical fashion and seek advantage in every engagement. We find no thrill in 1 v 1 outside of squadron training.

If that was the prevalent atmosphere in the AvA then 3 guys couldn't dominate and cause this kind of hassle. If squadrons were the norm in the AvA this is a non-issue.

History was and is about teamwork. The no-icon AvA should do all it can to provide a positive environment for squadrons who want to fly in a place providing historical matchups.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2010, 07:50:34 AM »
we don't need a larger force to dominate......just need to stop falling into their game.

they hang a couple of miles from a base, and everyone keeps upping from there.....thus they get caught slow and low, still trying to gain fighting alt and speed. they jump on ya. you're down, and do it again. that is one of their tactics to rack up their k/d. no one ups from another base to push em back, or down.

they'll have one or two draw everyone into a low fight.....and let the other come in with one of the fast planes, and pick ya out of the fight. no one is flying high cap, or pushing em down.

all that is needed to show them that they're not as great as they think they are(they are excellent sticks though) is teamwork, and communication.

got a con lingering above the fight, picking? first one down, launch farther back, and grab enough alt to push it down. if it's one of them, it'll run, as they wanna protect that k/d ratio.

got cons lingering off the runway? same thing.

and finally.....even this post is doing exactly what we shouldn't be doing......feeding the trolls. we all need to stop these kinds of threads, and focus on the good/fun things in the arena.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2010, 08:09:35 AM »
One Observation I have see in my flight sim experiences over the years is that there are generally two elements of players.

The antisocial introvert that didn't get enough attention from mommy and daddy.The type that think just because they can drive Pixels around a computer screen well that it some how defines them as great warriors.

Those types generally have no life or anything in the real world to hold onto, so they escape their true identity's and hide in the virtual world.

They speak of skill ect as if it meant they actually had any real world intestinal fortitude or physical ability. When in the majority of their free time they are probably jerking off and popping zits. Its sad really.

That type will always stand out on text buffer squawking as we see thoughout our virtual lives. Lets try  to help them I think All they need is a hug.

Then there are others that simply like the positive comradely from flying with buddy's and the friendly and honorable competition that we all have here in the AvA. Along with the interpersonal relation ships that develop.
That's why I like flying in the AvA because the majority of players are socially well adjusted individuals with real life experience's, many have given selflessly to there communities family's and Country. Those guys are also not the type to brag about how well they can wiggel a joy stick around.

Yes there are a few Fools that pop in here and irritate but just as ignoring impolite behavior from a small child helps to diffuse the situation. So it will on the text buffer. That and a littel kick in the bellybutton from the admins.
The AvA  has been a far better experience for me personally than any other arena in Ah in my opinion.
~S~
RaVe
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 08:13:04 AM by Nr_RaVeN »
Life is short. PLAY HARD...

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
Saadi

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2010, 08:11:25 AM »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline antivortex

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2010, 08:19:06 AM »
One Observation I have see in my flight sim experiences over the years is that there are generally two elements of players.

The antisocial introvert that didn't get enough attention from mommy and daddy.The type that think just because they can drive Pixels around a computer screen well that it some how defines them as great warriors.

Those types generally have no life or anything in the real world to hold onto, so they escape their true identity's and hide in the virtual world.

They speak of skill ect as if it meant they actually had any real world intestinal fortitude or physical ability. When in the majority of their free time they are probably jerking off and popping zits. Its sad really.

That type will always stand out on text buffer squawking as we see thoughout our virtual lives. Lets try  to help them I think All they need is a hug.

Then there are others that simply like the positive comradely from flying with buddy's and the friendly and honorable competition that we all have here in the AvA. Along with the interpersonal relation ships that develop.
That's why I like flying in the AvA because the majority of players are socially well adjusted individuals with real life experience's, many have given selflessly to there communities family's and Country. Those guys are also not the type to brag about how well they can wiggel a joy stick around.

Yes there are a few Fools that pop in here and irritate but just as ignoring impolite behavior from a small child helps to diffuse the situation. So it will on the text buffer. That and a littel kick in the bellybutton from the admins.
The AvA  has been a far better experience for me personally than any other arena in Ah in my opinion.
~S~
RaVe

Are you really this full of yourself?
See Rule #4

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2010, 08:26:07 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

:rofl :rofl

that would look like one of my old boss's kids if it were shaved.... :rofl :rofl :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"