Author Topic: Cats outa the bag eh?  (Read 6798 times)

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
Re: Cats outa the bag eh?
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2010, 08:51:09 AM »
we don't need a larger force to dominate......just need to stop falling into their game.

they hang a couple of miles from a base, and everyone keeps upping from there.....thus they get caught slow and low, still trying to gain fighting alt and speed. they jump on ya. you're down, and do it again. that is one of their tactics to rack up their k/d. no one ups from another base to push em back, or down.

they'll have one or two draw everyone into a low fight.....and let the other come in with one of the fast planes, and pick ya out of the fight. no one is flying high cap, or pushing em down.

all that is needed to show them that they're not as great as they think they are(they are excellent sticks though) is teamwork, and communication.

got a con lingering above the fight, picking? first one down, launch farther back, and grab enough alt to push it down. if it's one of them, it'll run, as they wanna protect that k/d ratio.

got cons lingering off the runway? same thing.

and finally.....even this post is doing exactly what we shouldn't be doing......feeding the trolls. we all need to stop these kinds of threads, and focus on the good/fun things in the arena.  :aok

We are saying the same thing

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2010, 08:53:37 AM »
One Observation I have see in my flight sim experiences over the years is that there are generally two elements of players.

The antisocial introvert that didn't get enough attention from mommy and daddy.The type that think just because they can drive Pixels around a computer screen well that it some how defines them as great warriors.

Those types generally have no life or anything in the real world to hold onto, so they escape their true identity's and hide in the virtual world.

They speak of skill ect as if it meant they actually had any real world intestinal fortitude or physical ability. When in the majority of their free time they are probably jerking off and popping zits. Its sad really.

That type will always stand out on text buffer squawking as we see thoughout our virtual lives. Lets try  to help them I think All they need is a hug.

Then there are others that simply like the positive comradely from flying with buddy's and the friendly and honorable competition that we all have here in the AvA. Along with the interpersonal relation ships that develop.
That's why I like flying in the AvA because the majority of players are socially well adjusted individuals with real life experience's, many have given selflessly to there communities family's and Country. Those guys are also not the type to brag about how well they can wiggel a joy stick around.

Yes there are a few Fools that pop in here and irritate but just as ignoring impolite behavior from a small child helps to diffuse the situation. So it will on the text buffer. That and a littel kick in the bellybutton from the admins.
The AvA  has been a far better experience for me personally than any other arena in Ah in my opinion.
~S~
RaVe

I have long thought that online games are used as a therapeutic tool in mental institutions. I sure hope so because I'd hate to think some of these folks are loose in the general population.

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2010, 09:42:16 AM »
We are saying the same thing

Cap is just a bit more poetic at it....
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2010, 10:31:00 AM »

Cap is just a bit more poetic at it....

If mental midgets are bringing you down
Teamwork will turn up the corners of your frown

Don't despair, the AvA is still where you should be
it is fairly simple as you shall see

Don't play their game
If you don't want the result to be the same

Fly from far away, climbing high into the sun
It is certain to increase your fun

Get some friends on your wing
and the cyberchildren will change the tune they sing.

Is that better?

Offline antivortex

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2010, 10:48:13 AM »
Is it really possible that 3 people that seem to work well together are running circles around the AvA regulars? I mean 3 people? How much time have you people wasted slappin each other on the backs in here about your great in game skills yet 3 kids have you in a tizzy...

One Observation I have see in my flight sim experiences over the years is that there are generally two elements of players.

The antisocial introvert that didn't get enough attention from mommy and daddy.The type that think just because they can drive Pixels around a computer screen well that it some how defines them as great warriors.

Those types generally have no life or anything in the real world to hold onto, so they escape their true identity's and hide in the virtual world.

They speak of skill ect as if it meant they actually had any real world intestinal fortitude or physical ability. When in the majority of their free time they are probably jerking off and popping zits. Its sad really.

That type will always stand out on text buffer squawking as we see thoughout our virtual lives. Lets try  to help them I think All they need is a hug.

Then there are others that simply like the positive comradely from flying with buddy's and the friendly and honorable competition that we all have here in the AvA. Along with the interpersonal relation ships that develop.
That's why I like flying in the AvA because the majority of players are socially well adjusted individuals with real life experience's, many have given selflessly to there communities family's and Country. Those guys are also not the type to brag about how well they can wiggel a joy stick around.

Yes there are a few Fools that pop in here and irritate but just as ignoring impolite behavior from a small child helps to diffuse the situation. So it will on the text buffer. That and a littel kick in the bellybutton from the admins.
The AvA  has been a far better experience for me personally than any other arena in Ah in my opinion.
~S~
RaVe

I'm beginning to think the pimply faced kids are the regulars and those 3 kids are the only adults.
See Rule #4

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2010, 10:53:20 AM »
If mental midgets are bringing you down
Teamwork will turn up the corners of your frown

Don't despair, the AvA is still where you should be
it is fairly simple as you shall see

Don't play their game
If you don't want the result to be the same

Fly from far away, climbing high into the sun
It is certain to increase your fun

Get some friends on your wing
and the cyberchildren will change the tune they sing.

Is that better?

are you a shade for dr suess?  :neener:

:aok

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2010, 10:54:56 AM »
Is it really possible that 3 people that seem to work well together are running circles around the AvA regulars? I mean 3 people? How much time have you people wasted slappin each other on the backs in here about your great in game skills yet 3 kids have you in a tizzy...

That type will always stand out on text buffer squawking as we see thoughout our virtual lives. Lets try  to help them I think All they need is a hug.

The AvA  has been a far better experience for me personally than any other arena in Ah in my opinion.
~S~
RaVe

I'm beginning to think the pimply faced kids are the regulars and those 3 kids are the only adults.

they ain't slappin us all around.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline antivortex

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2010, 11:05:21 AM »
Well lets see, just looking up jet stuff...

Hoey has 39 kills in a 262, 2 kills of 262's, he has been killed by 1 262 and has died 3 times in a 262.

Rammey has 5 kills in a 262, 0 kills of 262's, he has been killed by 1 262 and has died 1 time in a 262.

And that last guy doesn't show up (ceklner)

So I'd say that guy you say is an easy kill is kicking someones bootay.

Do you ever think 2 posts ahead?
See Rule #4

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2010, 11:43:14 AM »
Well lets see, just looking up jet stuff...

Hoey has 39 kills in a 262, 2 kills of 262's, he has been killed by 1 262 and has died 3 times in a 262.

Rammey has 5 kills in a 262, 0 kills of 262's, he has been killed by 1 262 and has died 1 time in a 262.

And that last guy doesn't show up (ceklner)

So I'd say that guy you say is an easy kill is kicking someones bootay.

Do you ever think 2 posts ahead?

yea, i do.

would you like to see films of him "extending" at over 500mph in a 190? or doing the same in a 262? or of him circling down low, 'cause he saw the 38 waiting up above for him? or of him going for multiple "hi angle deflection shots" in said 262(which i was honestly amazed that he missed so many times)

slapping us around would be more like gettin down n dirty into the fight, and killin our cartoon airplanes.....not the high speed passes that seem so popular amongst you guys.

that all being said, i don't hold anything against anyone in the arena......i've learned better a long time ago than to let someone sitting behind the safety of their computer to piss me off.
 i also don't think ch1 should be shut off, as you guys are pretty amusing, even if a little annoying sometimes....but amusing nonetheless.  :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2010, 12:55:22 PM »

~S~
RaVe

I don't think the issue is the skill or success individuals have when they fly. And I would be the last to disparage anyone for teamwork. The issue is the behavior on text channels. Having flown against the individuals in question they are individually above average but certainly no world beaters. They generally rely on choosing the aircraft in the arena with the most speed and fly carefully together. All of that is good.

But they are in the arena because it affords them the opportunity to fly with no chance of meeting opposition in the same aircraft. They aren't interested in history, just a decided advantage and the opportunity to annoy via the text buffer.

This isn't anything new. It has happened in every axis/allies split arena in every game for the past two decades.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2010, 01:14:22 PM »
I've never seen any of the said 3 players really say anything in the arena. I fle under a different callsign a bit a few months ago hen these guys first surfaced. They ere great to have on your team - would give check 6's, clear you, and say "wtg" hen landing kills. I fly against them now whenever I'm in the arena. They can fly dweeby but like others have noted, they are above average sticks (still not as good as me, of course) :). They are in there every night almost. Whether we like it or not, they're doing the arena good number - wise. My only suggestion is to squelch them if you find them offensive/annoying or what have you.   
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2010, 03:03:13 PM »
lol this is getting old fast, kills in 262, no icons = easy mode = easy kills, i have never flown a 262 ( they don't really interest me) till a couple nights ago 1st flight 2 kills upon landing front nose gear broke and i died , second flight nothing encountered so i landed, same darn front gear problem and the slide for life ensued and i died, i think im landing to hot   :joystick:

personally i feel Rank is the big motivation for some people, just take the rank out of the AvA arena, if you want to go see your "rank" go to the homepage all your stats are there, i feel Rank/Score is always detremental to alot of  OnLine games, like its some life accomplishment to be ranked #1 in some online game,BUT to some it is so you throw a bunch of people who think like that into a game it can get bad quick, look at how alot of FPS games are now, just run and gun and nadefests, anything for a kill to reach a higher rank,

yesterday was a perfect example i upped a hvy110 for a long run i seen 2 high f4's getting ready to engage a friendly so i decided to land as fast as i could and up something to turn fight in, (about that time i get a LOL why you hiding in your ack 110 on 200 from one of the pilots)landing gear down and i see them barreling in on me both trying to kill me as i landed, twarted two attemts from them but hit a tree and one gets the proxy, they both head off maybe 3k from tower so i up a fighter no sooner i got moving one dives in real fast kills me just after wheels up with a head on, i asked them both what the heck and they just LOL for score thats why
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2010, 03:05:57 PM »
I don't know Zoom, I read that twice but I still see their behavior as just being a reaction to yours.  Basically it is your fault.  Have you tried being sweeter to them?
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2010, 03:23:17 PM »
I don't know Zoom, I read that twice but I still see their behavior as just being a reaction to yours.  Basically it is your fault.  Have you tried being sweeter to them?

ive never talked to them or ever said a bad word in there about them, everytime ive flown in there we have been on the same side, I'm a very quiet person so i don't talk much at all except check6's  so i dont see where that's my fault, i dont rag on anyone no need to its a game, treat me with respect and youll get it back 10 fold that's how i was raised, talk trash to me you'll just get ignored, internet rambo's mean nothing to me and only take away from any game

my 110 experence didnt involve them that happened in the MA from 2 people from a very well known squad , i was using that as an example of the seemly majority we see now
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2010, 03:24:53 PM »
lol this is getting old fast, kills in 262, no icons = easy mode = easy kills, i have never flown a 262 ( they don't really interest me) till a couple nights ago 1st flight 2 kills upon landing front nose gear broke and i died , second flight nothing encountered so i landed, same darn front gear problem and the slide for life ensued and i died, i think im landing to hot   :joystick:

personally i feel Rank is the big motivation for some people, just take the rank out of the AvA arena, if you want to go see your "rank" go to the homepage all your stats are there, i feel Rank/Score is always detremental to alot of  OnLine games, like its some life accomplishment to be ranked #1 in some online game,BUT to some it is so you throw a bunch of people who think like that into a game it can get bad quick, look at how alot of FPS games are now, just run and gun and nadefests, anything for a kill to reach a higher rank,

yesterday was a perfect example i upped a hvy110 for a long run i seen 2 high f4's getting ready to engage a friendly so i decided to land as fast as i could and up something to turn fight in, (about that time i get a LOL why you hiding in your ack 110 on 200 from one of the pilots)landing gear down and i see them barreling in on me both trying to kill me as i landed, twarted two attemts from them but hit a tree and one gets the proxy, they both head off maybe 3k from tower so i up a fighter no sooner i got moving one dives in real fast kills me just after wheels up with a head on, i asked them both what the heck and they just LOL for score thats why

i havengt flown the 262 ingame yet......but i know from reading that they had nose gear problems in real life. the original 26 was a tail dragger, and that didn't work well, so they added a nose wheel....but it was very weak, and prone to breaking. i think they said any side load at all upon touch down, and touching down too hot would almost guarantee a nose gear collapse.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"