Author Topic: Dear HiTech - I think you should log on.  (Read 8408 times)

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
Re: Dear HiTech - I think you should log on.
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2010, 07:13:15 PM »
What would be the difference if the only three bases left were the three uncapturable bases?

Like someone already said, I guess it's not about taking bases and winining war.

wrongway

There is less of a drive to attack uncapturable bases... because they can't be captured.  When all bases can be captured, there is little incentive to stop attacking on that front and move to another.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2010, 07:20:06 PM »
My bad Dantoo. I was confusing one of Loki's posts with you. I've been reading math and computer books all day and my damn brain is in knots right now. And now the friggin car won't start. :furious Guess I'll have to read a auto repair manual now too.  :cry  :salute

Hopefully my comprehension skills wasn't this bad when I took those tests this morning.  :uhoh
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 07:23:25 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2010, 07:27:16 PM »
There is less of a drive to attack uncapturable bases... because they can't be captured.  When all bases can be captured, there is little incentive to stop attacking on that front and move to another.

From your point of view maybe. From mine and many other people's point of view, we don't even know if a field is capturable or not nor care one bit when attacking said field. The field is like a food vending machine. We don't want to capture the whole vending machine like some obese pirate, we only intend to feed and move along quietly leaving the vending machine to serve others like us. 
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2010, 07:30:22 PM »

From your point of view maybe. From mine and many other people's point of view, we don't even know if a field is capturable or not nor care one bit when attacking said field. The field is like a food vending machine. We don't want to capture the whole vending machine like some obese pirate, we only intend to feed and move along quietly leaving the vending machine to serve others like us. 

Ooooo, man I like that explanation...that is right on Batfink...

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2010, 07:42:51 PM »
Switch to Knights and then do a nice organized bomb raid on rookland. Maybe just flatten a town or two to stir it up. You would make a nice darbar, and if they notice you are not doing a strat run but are threatening their bases, you will see defenders upping. If not, they will lose a field, which sends a nice message too.

Well, I am to blame for our Bishop-only policy. I mainly decided on that because of all the friends I've made here during my six years of AH. In a way I suppose not switching sides is rather selfish, but at the same time, we've still earned a good reputation in this game from all sides, and the high alt fights that result are perhaps the most fun I've had since I've started playing. As it stands, I don't intend to change that policy.

I do realize the logic of your statement, Lusche. You get no argument from me. :)
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2010, 08:09:53 PM »
Nope.  I am a regular proponent of the thought that if you don't want your base to be shut down or taken then defend it as it's a true of an axiom as you'll ever get in this game.  However, you won't find me in any posts that are in agreement with the latest whines from the Bishops that got the shaft on Uterus.  

ack-ack

Blah. You know what I mean. I don't want the fight shut down. 

Now if I were busy effectively defending the base from the most direct threat to it being shut down I would need to climb several thousand feet ABOVE the fight where the three or four sets of bombers will be that will most likely shut down the base. I will also need to take time out of the fight as I climb through the fight to organize at least three others to have a chance at destroying the bombers in time before they use their easy mode bomb site to nook the hangars.  Those three will need to be highly proficient bomber attackers in very fast, lethal planes b/c most likely the dar will be down thanks to one suicide Dora that I would have to try to kill as I'm climbing to 20k (through the fight) and while I am at the same time organizing those three other excellent bomber killers.  You see my point of course b/c you are a bright person - if I were to do all of that, I wouldn't be in the fight, I'd be working and HTC has said in the past that this game is a game it is not work nor is it war so people should not be expected to behave as if it were work or war. That point however is secondary, the primary point is if I am having to work to preserve the fight then I am no longer fighting so the fight is effectively dead to me so why should I screw with preserving it?

Therefore, I just enjoy the fight while it lasts and until some griefer comes along and shuts it down. And when that happens I usually just move on and not work to protect another fight until some other person with a very boring appetite for fun ups a bomber and spends 30 minutes to get above the fight so he can shut it all down. 

In conclusion, I'd like to see every base capturable. That way other pals fun can be taken away unless the WORK for it. 
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2010, 08:27:07 PM »
I got so far through reading and i'm sure i read a "vTard" (not my term, i saw it on 200 :angel:) a number of pages back, complain about getting ganged/horded by the knights and the rooks...
:headscratch:
Don't like taste of what you vHorders have been dishing out yourselves in LWO recently eh?!  :devil

What goes around comes around  :P

And I personally, am enjoying reading about it. It's a beautiful sight that the Rooks and Knight joined as brothers in arms for a map, after all an enemy of my enemy is my friend.  :neener
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2010, 08:54:40 PM »
Thought the recent arena changes made base captures almost impossible?   :rofl

ack-ack

Your kidding right Ack-Ack.  I was playing during this yesterday. Not much the Bish can do when 100 rooks and 100 Knits are all ganging 100 Bish from two sides.. I was defending each on of those bases until each one was ganged by 100 enemy at the same time.. Not going to defend that. Personally, I do not have a problem with it as long as a couple of un-takeable bases are left. Eventually the rooks and knits will be forced to fight each other for the map. That would give the bish some time to take a few back.. I wouldnt include this in the current base taking controversy.

It did make for some great fighting I might add.. :salute

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #98 on: November 29, 2010, 09:00:04 PM »
I got so far through reading and i'm sure i read a "vTard" (not my term, i saw it on 200 :angel:) a number of pages back, complain about getting ganged/horded by the knights and the rooks...
:headscratch:
Don't like taste of what you vHorders have been dishing out yourselves in LWO recently eh?!  :devil

What goes around comes around  :P

And I personally, am enjoying reading about it. It's a beautiful sight that the Rooks and Knight joined as brothers in arms for a map, after all an enemy of my enemy is my friend.  :neener

I do not recall anyone complaining about the hord. I think the were complaining about the lack of un capturable bases.. People like you pull out that Vhorder comment. I cannot recall the last time I have seen more than 8-10 Devils Brigade on at once. Not really a hord. And I play almost everyday.. You can post without the insults Sir...

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #99 on: November 29, 2010, 09:02:32 PM »
Your kidding right Ack-Ack.  I was playing during this yesterday. Not much the Bish can do when 100 rooks and 100 Knits are all ganging 100 Bish from two sides.. I was defending each on of those bases until each one was ganged by 100 enemy at the same time.. Not going to defend that. Personally, I do not have a problem with it as long as a couple of un-takeable bases are left. Eventually the rooks and knits will be forced to fight each other for the map. That would give the bish some time to take a few back.. I wouldnt include this in the current base taking controversy.

It did make for some great fighting I might add.. :salute

From the screenshot of the Uterus map, it seemed like the Knights and the Rookies had no troubles capturing bases.  Kind of sinks the argument that bases are too hard to capture.  Keep back peddling though, it amuses me.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline longtime

• Zinc Member
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2010, 09:05:51 PM »
Ack-Ack. If Jesus came back he would be named Kelly Johnson. :)

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2010, 09:29:05 PM »
From the screenshot of the Uterus map, it seemed like the Knights and the Rookies had no troubles capturing bases.  Kind of sinks the argument that bases are too hard to capture.  Keep back peddling though, it amuses me.

ack-ack

Yup, a horde can take just about anything. It's easy! :aok

This sure is better than having 8 or 12 guys doing an NOE isn't it.

Sinks the argument! :rofl :rofl :rofl

Seems to me somebody has unwittingly created a monster.

THAT amuses ME! :neener:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 09:31:34 PM by 1Boner »
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline TeeArr

• Copper Member
« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2010, 09:29:26 PM »
I would almost feel sorry for Dantoo and the rest of the Bishops if I didn't see the same thing happen to Rooks more often than not.  I would be willing to wager a mighty sum that any Knight player who has played the game for a decade or so, and played only for Team Knight, would say he/she sees the same thing as well.
If the game is getting to you, your frustration level is high, or you hate being the Hordee instead of the Horder, take a break.  Go to another arena, or just log off for the day.   Time away pursuing one of your other hobbies can do wonders for your outlook.
       from: The Teachings of TeeArr, Ace Extraordinaire.  vol. XXiii
(Deluxe special edition)

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2010, 09:33:09 PM »
From the screenshot of the Uterus map, it seemed like the Knights and the Rookies had no troubles capturing bases.  Kind of sinks the argument that bases are too hard to capture.  Keep back peddling though, it amuses me.

ack-ack

You never read any argument from me about bases being hard to capture..  I  think the current system is fine... No complaints...

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: November 29, 2010, 09:33:50 PM »

I'll respectfully disagree again.  Maybe over the last few months we don't know which are uncapturable bases, but before that (and now), it was the bases with a red square around them.  I can understand there are people who don't take part in wanting to win the war, but there are plenty of people on your side that do, that's why your line has moved forward to the uncapturable.  So maybe you and a few others might stay and fight, a large number will be aware of the uncapturable base and realize it's of little strategic value.

:salute
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.