Author Topic: Unperk everything in Latewar  (Read 12768 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Unperk everything in Latewar
« on: December 02, 2010, 10:16:40 PM »
Karnak had an interesting comment in another thread in response to my suggestion to unperk all the planes in Latewar.

He suggests that this would send more folks to Midwar, which would not be a bad thing.

I'm of the opinion that this might solve the furballer v war winner struggles too as I would guess that many of the furballers would migrate to midwar for the air combat, while all the jets, Temps etc in latewar might be more helpful to the war winners.

Per usual I could be completely off on this, but it's an interesting thought anyway.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
Re: Unperk everything in Latewar
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 10:22:23 PM »
 :huh
-1 x a million

I see nothing but this becoming a 262 furball at 40K, just to wind down towards the earth in a spiral of canon fire  :joystick:
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 10:22:43 PM »
That would totally kill the late war arena, if not the whole AH.

You will not see anything but the 262 and B-29.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 10:34:27 PM »
While I do think that Mid War would become a lot more popular for awhile, overall I think it would kill the game and company as more people choose to quit rather than suffer the jet dominated Late War or the loss of access to their personal favorite plane.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 10:46:04 PM »
I'm not interested in a 262 arena replacing the current late war arena, no.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 10:51:46 PM »
 262's is all you would see, wait till dec9th its Jet week free jets, go dogfight'em guys
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline tarmack

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 11:03:00 PM »
Heck cmon to Mid War anyhow, lots of fun.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 11:31:18 PM »
Corky, the Trollbat approves this troll and welcomes u into our ranks. U will be seeing a new board in the "Squadrons" section very soon. Just come on in. I think u may be surprised who all is there.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 11:42:15 PM »
OK so the "it's war"  "Anything goes" crowd thinks there should be limits now on the "war"?

LOL make up your minds!
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 11:43:54 PM »
What a dumb idea.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 11:46:38 PM »
OK so the "it's war"  "Anything goes" crowd thinks there should be limits now on the "war"?

LOL make up your minds!

Can someone please make a TrollGuppy for this man?
AoM
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2010, 11:48:23 PM »
What a dumb idea.

LOL I thought you were an 'anything goes' type of guy Grizz?  "Wouldn't it provide more of a challenge for your 262 o doom?

Still waiting on your ideas btw.  Clearly you do believe there needs to be some limits then on "anything goes"?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2010, 11:51:59 PM »
Corky, the Trollbat approves this troll and welcomes u into our ranks. U will be seeing a new board in the "Squadrons" section very soon. Just come on in. I think u may be surprised who all is there.

I'd have tried to be a little more subtle if I was trolling SunBat. Gotta give me a little bit of credit :)

Folks hate ENY, hate, not flying what they want, claim that it's 'war' and that 'anything goes'.  How does giving folks what they claim to want, become a bad idea?

BTW I'd include uncapping the arena too as I believe that 'minority' of 'furballers' would soon disappear or migrate to midwar.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 11:56:45 PM by Guppy35 »
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2010, 11:54:03 PM »
LOL I thought you were an 'anything goes' type of guy Grizz?  "Wouldn't it provide more of a challenge for your 262 o doom?

Still waiting on your ideas btw.  Clearly you do believe there needs to be some limits then on "anything goes"?

I want to bite on this troll. (Some of u other wimps should do more of the same.)

The limits we have now are perfect.  The guys at HTC are geniuses. 

I think our point was anything goes within the limits of the game.  Nobody would want to implement a Goodyear blimp sized bullet or a nook that you drop in the middle of the map and it's all over.  Is that how you have interpreted these comments?  Really?

Really? 

There is an emoticon for that. 

:rolleyes:
AoM

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2010, 11:57:10 PM »

I want to bite on this troll. (Some of u other wimps should do more of the same.)

The limits we have now are perfect.  The guys at HTC are geniuses. 

I think our point was anything goes within the limits of the game.  Nobody would want to implement a Goodyear blimp sized bullet or a nook that you drop in the middle of the map and it's all over.  Is that how you have interpreted these comments?  Really?

Really? 

There is an emoticon for that. 

:rolleyes:
AoM