Author Topic: Unperk everything in Latewar  (Read 12838 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Unperk everything in Latewar
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2010, 09:44:32 AM »
lol One arena setup like it is..... and one arena with no perks no caps no rules.

haha then folks would talk with their actions instead of their mouths.

My bet is the arena with perks, setup like it is now, would end up being the LW Main. It would serve to confirm HiTech's direction chosen.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 09:50:29 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2010, 09:54:50 AM »
Next week ,December 9th, 2010, i will be running JET WEEK in the AVA. only jets will be available, they will be unperked, or free, so that anyone can fly them. lets see how a jet filled arena works out!

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2010, 11:02:03 AM »
Next week ,December 9th, 2010, i will be running JET WEEK in the AVA. only jets will be available, they will be unperked, or free, so that anyone can fly them. lets see how a jet filled arena works out!

Want me to tell you and save you the effort?  :neener:
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline DEECONX

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2010, 11:18:23 AM »
I dont do much with "the war" except defend a base or two occassionally. This would ruin Furballing in the LW MA as planes that are late war, but not perked, would never see use and become the biggest set of hangar queens as everyone would be in 262s. I say a big NO to this.

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2010, 11:36:41 AM »
I think it's a good idea.

Even if all the jets are free, there would still be plenty of folks that would fly their ride of choice.  Lot's of guys have thousands of fighter perks, but never use them.
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2010, 11:43:15 AM »
Want me to tell you and save you the effort?  :neener:

guys like me, grumpy, dicho, oldman, jaeger1......we'll probably spend our nights getting picked by the guy that're afraid to turn their jets.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2010, 12:13:21 PM »
It would serve to confirm HiTech's direction chosen.
Y'ever been on a cattle farm?  Lets just call HT "The Rancher" and we are "The Cattle".

Now dont get me wrong...there are bound to be some smart cattle in the herd, but by and large we depend on the rancher.  Be good to him because he feeds us and keeps us warm  :cool:
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2010, 12:15:36 PM »
Hey 80th, go to the DA.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2010, 12:21:21 PM »
Y'ever been on a cattle farm?  Lets just call HT "The Rancher" and we are "The Cattle".

Now dont get me wrong...there are bound to be some smart cattle in the herd, but by and large we depend on the rancher.  Be good to him because he feeds us and keeps us warm  :cool:

Agreed!  :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2010, 12:26:49 PM »
who the hell flys 262 at 40k? i'd be ridin the treeline w/ 262 to mask my appraoch xD
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2010, 12:27:13 PM »
Hey 80th, go to the DA.

LOL this isn't about the 80th Grizz.

In all honesty, I've come to the conclusion that I can find fun however the game is set up.  If anything you've been the one to convince me that I need to think outside my little world.

I want folks to enjoy the game.  Why not give them what they want?  No cap, fly what you want, revert to old capture and reset methods and have at it.

Why is this such a bad idea?  

You'll never find me in a jet.  I'll still be staggering around in my 38G, down low, with an engine out or smoking.  Nothing has changed for me and it won't.  What I hear is squads have been ruined and everyone is leaving because the game has been wrecked by caps, Eny, and making base capture too hard.

I'm a convert now and I mean it.  Give them what they want and see what happens.  I'll be fine no matter what.  It's not about me.  I'm trying to look at the bigger picture.

Funny part is no one has given me a reason that my suggestion is bad.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2010, 12:27:37 PM »
guys like me, grumpy, dicho, oldman, jaeger1......we'll probably spend our nights getting picked by the guy that're afraid to turn their jets.......
try this sometime. get so aggressive in a 262 in the MA that youre rolling scissors with a 51 :t somehow i got 5 kills out of my low alt attack and the entire time it was a dogfight which i was roping 51s and spits, turning with a 51 and alot more that many wouldn't dare do. did it just for fun and it was much more successful than i thought it would be :rofl

fun times go to the perk spenders that do it for that one moment of fun :aok landed the kills for the sortie too
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2010, 12:32:49 PM »
try this sometime. get so aggressive in a 262 in the MA that youre rolling scissors with a 51 :t somehow i got 5 kills out of my low alt attack and the entire time it was a dogfight which i was roping 51s and spits, turning with a 51 and alot more that many wouldn't dare do. did it just for fun and it was much more successful than i thought it would be :rofl

fun times go to the perk spenders that do it for that one moment of fun :aok landed the kills for the sortie too

everything i do is for fun. i've de-acked and landed at enemy bases, formation take offs with the enemy, bravely ran away from lancs....in a c47, then turned with them, as my ack shot the poop outta them......

i might jump in on dichodogs idea of a jeep raid to take a vbase too.  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2010, 12:33:22 PM »
262 are killers if you know how to fly it. I'd probably wrack up 10+ kill per every 30 min sorty easy w/ that thing.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2010, 12:39:38 PM »
I want folks to enjoy the game.  Why not give them what they want?  No cap, fly what you want, revert to old capture and reset methods and have at it.

First off, who is "THEY"?

"THEY" want no perked aircraft and no eny?  "THEY" want old capture and reset methods?

Just because a random tard cries about something doesn't mean the entire population of the war enthusiasts feels the same.  I think the vast majority of the players want a great balance between air combat, war strategy, and different choices on how to have fun.  That doesn't mean doing what you suggest.  Your idea is tongue in cheek, but it shows your lack of understanding on what makes for a happy cartoon world.

It seems to me what you really want from this game is in furball lake.  No war, quick trips to the fight, constant furballing on the deck.  Maybe I'm wrong though?  If you enjoy defending bases, battling players that are trying to capture bases, hunting bombers, intercepting missions, stomping NOE's, etc, then you HAVE to have a war element to the game where the players engaging in that mode (and providing lots of fun for you as well) are immersed in what they are doing and can accomplish goals in a reasonable amount of the time with a reasonable amount of comrades, consistently.  Do you comprehend?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 12:41:23 PM by grizz441 »