Author Topic: Unperk everything in Latewar  (Read 12776 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Unperk everything in Latewar
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2010, 12:54:22 PM »
First off, who is "THEY"?

"THEY" want no perked aircraft and no eny?  "THEY" want old capture and reset methods?

Just because a random tard cries about something doesn't mean the entire population of the war enthusiasts feels the same.  I think the vast majority of the players want a great balance between air combat, war strategy, and different choices on how to have fun.  That doesn't mean doing what you suggest.  Your idea is tongue in cheek, but it shows your lack of understanding on what makes for a happy cartoon world.

It seems to me what you really want from this game is in furball lake.  No war, quick trips to the fight, constant furballing on the deck.  Maybe I'm wrong though?  If you enjoy defending bases, battling players that are trying to capture bases, hunting bombers, intercepting missions, stomping NOE's, etc, then you HAVE to have a war element to the game where the players engaging in that mode (and providing lots of fun for you as well) are immersed in what they are doing and can accomplish goals in a reasonable amount of the time with a reasonable amount of comrades, consistently.  Do you comprehend?

LOL well I'm glad you have such a better understanding.  You also keep bringing this back to what you think I want.  As I said, this isn't about me.  I'm fine.  Leave it as it is, change it all over the place, I'll still be here.

Seems to me I've been playing in this cartoon world as long if not longer then you Grizz, and I've managed to keep myself fairly content over the years.  I'm also fairly convinced that if I totally agreed with you, there is a good chance you'd disagree with me on that :)

So again, how does uncapping the arena, returning base capture to the earlier form and freeing up all the late war birds for use create a problem?  Does it not address the issues that seem to be most loudly complained about in AH?

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2010, 12:59:12 PM »
Seems to me I've been playing in this cartoon world as long if not longer then you Grizz, and I've managed to keep myself fairly content over the years.  I'm also fairly convinced that if I totally agreed with you, there is a good chance you'd disagree with me on that :)

Maybe you have, I've played this game off and on since Tour 50 or so and I played Aw1 on Aol, AW2(beta) and AW3 on gamestorm. 

So again, how does uncapping the arena, returning base capture to the earlier form and freeing up all the late war birds for use create a problem?  Does it not address the issues that seem to be most loudly complained about in AH?

Corky, I don't have time to talk about your terrible idea anymore, I'll let someone else explain it to ya.   :aok
We need a batman light for Snailman.

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2010, 01:05:54 PM »
scrubs i played AW back when it was in dos! get w/ the program here!
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2010, 01:09:17 PM »
scrubs i played AW back when it was in dos! get w/ the program here!

Sure you did...

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2010, 01:12:38 PM »
Words can not express how bad this idea is, so I have a GIF.

This was my reaction after reading your post:

(Image removed from quote.)

Kazaa, you a big Hermione fan?
Who is John Galt?

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2010, 01:13:02 PM »
I fear snailman is hiding in his shell.   The mob were after him on 200 the other day.  He has after all ruined AH for the majority  :bolt:
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2010, 01:15:22 PM »
Kazaa, you a big Hermione fan?

I don't like what she has done with her hair.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2010, 01:17:01 PM »
Unperk Bullet Bill and make him the new N00k :aok
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2010, 01:24:32 PM »
If anything you've been the one to convince me that I need to think outside my little world.
It is good to be open minded but I feel slightly compelled to advise you that if you have found fun in what you do then you have suceeded.
Always be it fun.   In my experience I have sacrificed some fun by understanding things through the experiences of others.  Be it self serving but I want MY FUN :)
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2010, 01:36:35 PM »
No perk system is fine except for acouple of eny problems here and there
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2010, 02:04:49 PM »
Just 'cause I'm bored, I'll play.

First off, there is always a 'They'.  On any given night, you can hear a constant stream of complaints on 200 that are polar opposites.  'I can't find a fight.'  vs 'There's nothing but hordes.'  'He hoed me.' vs 'He came in from behind and picked me.', and many other examples.  Someone will always be on about something, it is the nature of online gaming.

So again, how does uncapping the arena,

Just as many people if not more dislike TT if it happens more than once a week.  The few times I've seen it pour over too far into Wednesday have resulted in many complaints.

returning base capture to the earlier form

Meh.  It was too simplistic and stale.  The new one is perhaps a bit too complex, but I think the exact old way would be a step backward.

and freeing up all the late war birds for use create a problem?

Many, many people despise jets.  The performance differential between them and the prop stuff is just too great to have in the game unrestricted.  It would essentially force people into 'fly jet, or be fodder.'  That is no fun.  Most people are here for the prop planes, not the 262.

Does it not address the issues that seem to be most loudly complained about in AH?

Sure, it would just shift the focus of the complaints to the other side, and result in worse gameplay.

In short, 'terrible.'

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2010, 02:08:35 PM »

In short, 'terrible.'

Wiley.

I think that was the point Guppy was trying to make.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2010, 02:19:53 PM »
I fear snailman is hiding in his shell.   The mob were after him on 200 the other day.

LOL... I do not take tripl5, the beacon of truth & noble conduct, that serious. Nor guys that come up with numbers made up on the spot like "we had 17,000(!) players per tour not long ago"  :lol

Even funnier was the notion Hitech had "carved in to my demands" and labeling me a furballer. Ahhh... If I only had that much power... oh the things that I would change!  :devil

Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2010, 02:29:32 PM »
I think that was the point Guppy was trying to make.

ack-ack

Telling the fish to not bite the plastic worm ruins the fishing posibilities.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2010, 02:52:09 PM »
Sure you did...

ack-ack

I must be getting old, I can't remember 1/4 of the guys who "flew in DOS".  I didn't think there were all
that many at the time.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars