Author Topic: Rods New Build  (Read 2252 times)

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
Re: Rods New Build
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2010, 08:38:20 PM »
You will NOT regret it.   TD is on my "if I'm ever near the neighborhood, I'm stopping by list".    He's good people and his assistance/customer service speaks for itself.

Seriously 2nd'd - asked TD for a quote, and the price/build was good. Only thing that stopped me was lack of cash my end. Once thats resolved and I need a new build, will be heading TD's way.

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2010, 08:35:41 AM »
You will NOT regret it.   TD is on my "if I'm ever near the neighborhood, I'm stopping by list".    He's good people and his assistance/customer service speaks for itself.

He is close enough and I have stopped by to visit with him before...hell of a nice guy to allow me a few minutes into his old "shop" to pick up a DVD burner that he recommended. Also you are 100% correct about his help and customer service. Last year when I was building this rig I use now he offered for me to send it over to him or bring it to him if I had any problems and he would work on it for me. Turns out I didn't need the help but to know that it was there and him helping me over the phone was a huge thing.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline GreenEagle43

• Copper Member
      • http://www.dickweedhbg.com
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2010, 06:25:44 PM »
nice build rod. i no the feeling had an old dell for three years in aces high it got buy. but in march i went out and built my own to all the bell's and whistles.

Recruiting Officer GrnEagle  DHBG
Dedicated to Bish Country. 16 YEARS of BOMBER SERVICE

AN Aces High BOMBER SQUADRON. www.dickweedhbg.com

Offline climber

• Copper Member
Re: Rods New Build (review)
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2010, 12:53:38 PM »
I wanted to come back to this thread with a review after I had some time to get to know my new system.  I've not had too much time due to a hectic work schedule but already I can say, WOW!

TD has put together a system that met and exceeded all of my needs.  I asked for a system that could max the game within my budget and after a quick quote he built a the system seen in the beginning of this thread. 

I must say the customer service, quality of build, and patience with someone who is not the most computer literate has been astounding.  I chose to pick my system up in Atlanta so I could forego the shipping and dropping and when I arrived at TilDeath's office I was warmly greeted and given a full tour of my new system.  He had even taken the liberty to load AH, the texture pack, and even all of the skins for me.  After I had gotten home I even received another phone call to ask if everything was running alright.  This is service that is not offered anyplace else folks!

I would definitely recommend giving TilDeath a call if you are looking for a new system.  He knows his stuff and can be trusted.

Also a big thank you to the folks who recommended him to me in the first place.

-Climber
Rod Thomas
77th FS "Gamblers"
5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 12:48:57 PM »
Oh BABY!  Can't wait until I get to pick this thing up and take her home!

It looks like TD has built a fantastic system!

I'll be sure to give a report after I get a chance to get shot out of the air a few times.  At least the flames will be more brilliant and the bullets will be at max resolution.

Thanks for posting the pics and info, TD.

-Climber
Ill have ur old one k?
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline climber

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2011, 01:52:37 PM »
Sorry Greens.  I've been playing on my laptop that doubles as my work and personal system.  When I do an upgrade I get serious.

5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2011, 07:53:43 PM »
nice build rod. i no the feeling had an old dell for three years in aces high it got buy. but in march i went out and built my own to all the bell's and whistles.
(Image removed from quote.)
Ive got the same case but running
asus m48 something motherboard
 amd phenom II x 4 925 pros 2.8 gh
 4 single corsair 1 g ddr2
2 x wd1500adfa hard drives
850w thermaltake  power supply
xfx ati radeon 5770 vid card
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline Coronado

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2011, 10:59:57 AM »
Personally, i think TDs build for climber is horribly underpowered and looked like he used the cheapest components he could find, that being said, just cuz I'm trying to be a "community guy" while I'm down, Climber, I'm willing to take that hunka junk off ur hands for $300 , I'll even pay freight ! :t

(Damn that's a nice lookin set-up) :x

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2011, 11:14:21 AM »
I KNow you're joking coronado.......but i hafta say again(because it can't be said enough)

td's build for me was pretty customized to me, both need and price wise. his service was well above and beyond perfection. this machine has not yet given me a single problem.
 when it comes time for me to upgrade, i will be on the phone to td again......to either improve on the machine i have, or to see if i can afford one that'll put this one to shame.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2011, 02:32:15 PM »
Personally, i think TDs build for climber is horribly underpowered and looked like he used the cheapest components he could find, that being said, just cuz I'm trying to be a "community guy" while I'm down, Climber, I'm willing to take that hunka junk off ur hands for $300 , I'll even pay freight ! :t

(Damn that's a nice lookin set-up) :x

You forgot to mention his total lack of cable management.  :bolt:
"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline RichardDickBong

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2011, 05:14:06 PM »
Dang.. That looks really nice. TD have you shipped them to AHers before? Any damage issues caused by shipping? I need to get one of those..  :salute

~Dick Bong~
    20th FG
"Loco Busters"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2011, 07:26:21 PM »
Dang.. That looks really nice. TD have you shipped them to AHers before? Any damage issues caused by shipping? I need to get one of those..  :salute

He has shipped to many AHers. As far as I know there was only one shipping issue. Give him a call. Many players have been VERY happy with what he builds, and how he does business.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2011, 08:22:40 PM »

mine arrived in perfect order. if anything, td overkilled on the packing. in this case, there is no such thing as overkill.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2011, 09:20:50 PM »

The days of "TD building for AHer's" came to a close about two months ago.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2011, 09:58:02 PM »
The days of "TD building for AHer's" came to a close about two months ago.   

huh?

what happened?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"