Author Topic: The betty.  (Read 2908 times)

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
Re: The betty.
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2010, 02:03:18 PM »
This plane fills a badly needed gap for snapshots, scenarios, FSO and the AvA.

It may not be competitive in the MA's but there are some of us who are more interested in the historically immersive aspect of the game and never even fly in the MA.

We need some love too.

Agreed, I remember in Coral Sea, we were in F4F-4s trying to chase down a Ki67 to no avail.
Strokes

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2010, 02:11:44 PM »
Or situations where B-25s are used? Those things soaked up more ammo than an F4F has!

Betty is very much necessary.

It's not like many P-51Ds, Bf109K-4s, or Spit16s hunted down Betty bombers. You put it in the period it's intended (1941-1943) and suddenly it's not so bad.

Offline Void

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2010, 07:11:24 PM »
I'll show you "no use" alrighty. :furious
In Game name: Namco

Offline Tarstar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2010, 07:22:38 PM »
Special Events, AvA, FSO, Scenarios.

There's FAR more to this game than the Mains.

Sax gets it  :aok

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2010, 10:13:01 PM »
Special Events, AvA, FSO, Scenarios.

There's FAR more to this game than the Mains.

Exactly.

Sure there are plenty of other planes to choose from that have better stats, but for some its not about that. I enjoy the plane for the history behind them, not what they can do in the MA. This is a huge addition for all the special events. She will get some flights out of me every tour. Thanks HTC for the new plane, you guys did a great job  :salute

I really hope since the J2M3 wasn't on the voting list, that it is in "process" of being completed.  :rock

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2010, 10:22:31 PM »
I just went to EW and noticed that the Betty is 0/0.  0 Eny, 0 Obj....  Did I miss something?
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2010, 12:31:37 AM »
The ENY value of a plane controls how many perks you get when killing an ENemY (=other human)
The OBJ value does the same for determining perks gained by destroying OBJects.

Over 3 years later, I finally find the answer!
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Crythos

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2010, 04:29:31 AM »
Was flying the Betty in the MA last night, not gonna comment on the scoring side will leave that to those more qualified.

Very happy with the plane, the visual modelling is great, no missing wing roots for me (mentioned elsewhere).

Climbs to 8.5/9k by the dar ring so an attack height is easily attainable for stategic use without a long flight, takes down two hangers with ease using the 250's and the 12 x 60s give a good spread on a town still experimenting on the delay.

Rear cannon not as accurate as many guns in the game but when you do land hits its a good shredder, more practice needed.

Did'nt get to land many sorties as it certainly lights up easy as per its counterpart in history and it will probably get harder to land sorties as more peeps learn to aim for the wings not the tailgun.

Certainly wont be a hanger queen for me but I like flyin the Val too so maybe I am just a nutter.
"Tojo"

Offline ariansworld

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2010, 09:11:59 AM »
The betty is a good plane, I flew one at 25k landed over 10k in damage and 1 kill, I only lost one drone to enemy fighter.  I lost another drone to enemy puffy ack, landed the last one.

Offline DERK13

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2010, 09:26:30 PM »
Well as far as the point of it being added to AH, its main purpose is for the EW and MW arenas, which lacked in a few good EW era planes.

RedTail

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2010, 09:15:27 PM »
I'm guessing that in special events (FSO, Scenarios), both its relatively high speed and long range will come into play.  For example: at the altitudes used by IJN bomber squadrons over Guadalcanal (25,000 - 27,000), it should be only slightly slower than an F4F Wildcat.  Also, with its great range, one island base well-stocked with G4Ms could dominate a large sea area.

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs