Author Topic: ram=/= kill anymore?  (Read 3373 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: ram=/= kill anymore?
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2011, 09:36:08 AM »
Has anyone actually ever tried to purposely ram someone before without the head-on ram? Its rather quite difficult to pull off.

Yes I have. 

My screen:

At the exact same moment on enemy screen:

In other words... it did not work ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2011, 09:40:33 AM »
Has anyone actually ever tried to purposely ram someone before without the head-on ram?

I have... some of the 80th were on different countries one night and I found Mensa. Instead of shooting a squadmate down, I repeatedly flew very close to him until he collided with me.

It isn't easy unless you're parked behind a bomber formation that isn't firing at you.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2011, 09:51:50 AM »
Of course not, I'm showing everyone how much you amuse me!

Doesn't take a genius  :lol

i dont think its me that amuses you, i think its your own ignorance that does. :rolleyes:

but believe what you wish. i dont argue much with cranky adults who believe age=wisdom nomatter how many times they are proven wrong.

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2011, 10:08:12 AM »
i dont think its me that amuses you, i think its your own ignorance that does. :rolleyes:

but believe what you wish. i dont argue much with cranky adults who believe age=wisdom nomatter how many times they are proven wrong.
OH NO HE DIDN"T
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2011, 10:09:29 AM »

We are still waiting for you to show us the flaws in Ghost's statement :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2011, 10:15:02 AM »
do you not get a kill if you ram someone and they go down?

i rarely ever ram, the only times i will is if im outnumbered and winchester. or if some fool decides to try to HO me.

in the DA earlyer, had 2 spitdweebs trying to HO me, so i decided to ram them in my p47D-25. needless to say they easily fell from the sky, but i didnt get a kill for ether one of them.

so does a ram no longer = a kill?

You say you flew a D-25 in the DA, were out of ammo and still able to ram two other planes?  With the ganging that goes on and the kind of planes involved, I have to call Shenanigans on this story.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2011, 10:16:05 AM »
popcorn - Check
lawn chair - Check
umbrella - Check
beverages - Check

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline toddbobe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2011, 10:28:04 AM »
I know everyone hates the HO but I will point my guns at any water cooled engine. Of course I do this at long range so as not to ram.

I do also think the game is on a slight downhill slide. I think HTC needs more TV spots and perhaps giving some comps to the Vets..Maybe even throwinga few coin at those that make the game fun.

Thats just my opinion..I could be wrong.

Todd Bober..aka..Toddbobe

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2011, 10:31:30 AM »
We are still waiting for you to show us the flaws in Ghost's statement :)

i still havent been to bed yet :(. i have my answer to what i said, im just too tired to word it correctly. it will come soon.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2011, 10:32:41 AM »
You say you flew a D-25 in the DA, were out of ammo and still able to ram two other planes?  With the ganging that goes on and the kind of planes involved, I have to call Shenanigans on this story.

i think i still have the film, the spit16 was spider66, no clue who the 14 was.

Offline dev1ant

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2011, 10:45:39 AM »
i survived both rams with just an aileron lost, both spits lost there life.

so, you were about to say...?

The fact that you survived doesn't negate the fact that ramming in any situation is lame.
Deviant

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2011, 10:54:19 AM »
The fact that you survived doesn't negate the fact that ramming in any situation is lame.

opinion=/=fact.

why is it lame? because i didnt let the 2 spitdweebs team up on me for an easy kill? that i out manuevered them, set them both up for a RAM, the only chance i had to putting them down? i didnt just fly straight and let them each take turns shooting my winchester plane until finally i blew up, but instead used quick thinking and some witty flying moves to postion myself to RAM them as they tryed to HO me, is that what you mean by "lame"?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2011, 10:58:47 AM »
Your right, you should get some sleep before you try to type a reply.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2011, 11:02:06 AM »
Yes I have. 

My screen:
(Image removed from quote.)

At the exact same moment on enemy screen:
(Image removed from quote.)

In other words... it did not work ;)

Got to love you guys.  You show en example of how to do it the wrong way, naturally it fails, and therefore it does not work lol.

Yes, if you try to ram someone like that it does not work.  You have to fly under them and pull up in front of them.  They collide due to their bad SA as you guys explain here and you fly away untouched.

The other way is head on and pull away the last second.  You are clear and he collides.  You may have some issues with his guns there but hey, you were trying to die anyway lol.

The safest way is to come in from the side as fast as you can but that is harder to time unless you are fighting buffs.

Since you guys are the experts on the subject, can you explain to me how I can collide when someone dives on my six, take tail wheel, aileron, and  PW damage and he gets no collision message?  Can you show me a pic that explains that situation including the contact points that caused the damage?  I am really interested in the tail wheel taking damage from a plane coming from above lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2011, 11:12:18 AM »
i have my answer to what i said, im just too tired to word it correctly. it will come soon.

save yourself the trouble and just RTFM:

http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/lag/lag.htm
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli