Author Topic: Green guy etiquette  (Read 12544 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: Green guy etiquette
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2011, 05:08:16 PM »
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2011, 05:08:40 PM »
I will not interfere with a 1vs1, if the guy asks for help, I will unless he is on my tard list then I just let him die, my tard list is WAY longer then the respected list, if I am in a 1vs1 you know damn well id rather die then get help, I dont think I have ever asked for help. in a "furball" there are no rules except kill as you can, if I am fighting multi cons well then I wont care if someone jumps in, I also wont care if they dont join, I DISAGREE with Del there are plenty of 1vs1's in the mains, and If im in a 1vs1 and see a green guy comming in I ask him to stay out before he gets a chance to interfer, if he ignores me, I break off from the con I was fighting to let him contend with the new threat, I dont care how any one flyes, just how I fly, I do wish more ingame, brought Honor to the game but it is what it is.

OK I'm agreeing with Ink again.  Lots of times once you know someone is in the area you try and slide out to the side to fight 1 v 1.  JUGgler and I've done that fairly recently.  Sunbat and I have not too long ago, etc.  Expecting a 1v1 in the arena is probably hoping for too much, but when they happen, showing some courtesy to the guys fighting it, isn't asking too much...unless it's Mensa.  Then just dive in and shoot :)

Bottom line is that it's still on each of us how we come to the fight and how we deal with it.  Getting others to play your way, is going to be a tough one though.  Some will, some won't.  Expecting it is probably asking too much.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2011, 05:15:04 PM »
I'm prolly a "non-standard" player in this regard.

I try to "check-6" everyone I see in danger of being flamed, mindset being: not everyone, especially new players has a good situational awareness and some folks can use all the help they can get so I err on the side of caution instead of letting everyone fend for themselves.  I also do my best to clear every six I see in danger as best I can, being far from being a good stick myself.

Normally--I hollar out on VOX--"Hey [ID] ya need a hand over there?"  If there's no reply and they look like they are on the short end of the fight I ask again.  I try to be non-intrusive if the other greenie thinks they may have a shot of turning the fight around and flaming the red  guy.

If they reply they need no help I leave that fight alone and it would be nice if others did as well.

For the most part it seems MA/LW is pretty much a free-for-all for furballs.  I do not normally furball but most folks just seem to be out for themselves.  

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2011, 05:17:27 PM »
http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6/do.htm

:angel: Give it a read  :)

I remember the first time I ever read that - bookmarked and every time I bring a new player into the game I throw them that link.
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2011, 06:02:30 PM »
Funny  :lol  Every one acts like they have no clue and playing dumb.  But everyone does know, right?  Because if you really don;t know, then I have no clue how you go about your every day life.

I fall down a lot...

The point of the OP is to get a range of opinions on the subject.
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2011, 07:12:36 PM »
There has been some discussion of ‘hordes’ and ‘picking’ lately.  I am guilty of both in my sordid past, but last night, I tried to ask on local vox before I dove in.

One time, I was third in a green conga line behind a red guy, and announced I was holding fire.  My immediate thinking was that if the other two broke off, I would take the shot.  (No claims on right thinking.) 

Another time there were a few shooting a set of B-24s from the six o’clock, and, without any radio calls, I slashed through and bagged one. 

A third time, there was a siren P-38J, pulling green guys out to sea and killing them.  Finally, I participated in a three man gang to bring him down.

Another time, I asked a friendly who I knew could here me, but was unsure if he had a mic.  I dove in when it looked like he was getting shot.   

So, if one goes beyond the “anything goes” philosophy, what is a practical set of standards with regards to taking a shot, or jumping into a fight?

At what point in a furball does etiquette go out the window?

At what point against a killer ace is ganging acceptable?

Discretion .
 If you see a 1 V 1 away from the pack and no other enemies are around.  and it seems like a reasonably fair fight Ask before you pounce.
In the middle of a furball. anything goes. Just kill em all.
With bombers. Anyone can kill em. I've never had anyone complain about me stealing a bomber kill.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2011, 07:21:34 PM »
if you see me, please don't fly in between me and my target blocking my shot and clearing my 12 unless i ask , if i need help I'll call  :salute
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2011, 07:23:18 PM »
"Hey do you need help with that ________?"

Its too easy to ask that over vox, if he answers respond accordingly....if he doesn't help him out when he gets in trouble.

If there is already 3 guys jumping 1 plane......your not needed.

Don't HO...Doesn't help anyone.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2011, 07:26:04 PM »
"Hey do you need help with that ________?"

Its too easy to ask that over vox, if he answers respond accordingly....if he doesn't help him out when he gets in trouble.

If there is already 3 guys jumping 1 plane......your not needed.

Don't HO...Doesn't help anyone.

That's what i do it's called common courtesy, the translation has been lost in today's world
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2011, 07:45:07 PM »
I remember A fight one of those days I wasa just on, fought 4 I believe killed all four was bingo and headed home a 38 who was hovering above but diddnt interfere, swopped down I thought I was dead, he wiggled his wings and banked away. I was impressed. Lawnmower I think his name was. Instant respect list.

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2011, 10:00:12 PM »
I remember A fight one of those days I wasa just on, fought 4 I believe killed all four was bingo and headed home a 38 who was hovering above but diddnt interfere, swopped down I thought I was dead, he wiggled his wings and banked away. I was impressed. Lawnmower I think his name was. Instant respect list.

Yeah but you left out the part where you thought you reversed him and shot him as he passed by.
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2011, 10:04:44 PM »
Yeah but you left out the part where you thought you reversed him and shot him as he passed by.

Lolz.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2011, 12:44:45 AM »
Whenever people ask me if I need help my answer would be no but I'm usually too busy to answer. 
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2011, 02:12:04 AM »
billyD.....huh????   trying to make sence out of that, I guess grizz got it.....lets see gonna have to go reread it.....

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2011, 02:16:35 AM »
im a paranoid bastage,(dont mean they aint watchin me) diddnt I say I was bingo........:-P