Author Topic: Bye, guys.  (Read 3377 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: Bye, guys.
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2011, 07:16:37 AM »
<S> Gian   :salute

Really hate to see the great players leave, but I always appreciate the farewell thread, as well as hearing their reasons.   Much preferred over wondering whatever happened to them and never knowing.    Hope you come back some day.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2011, 07:37:31 AM »
As of January 2011, I discontinued my subscription. I've been paying in the last months without logging into arenas even once, so I'd say the game totally lost its appeal to me.

Maybe it's because I keep coming back home too tired from work, maybe it's because flying for real is so much beautiful that any simulation loses its charm, maybe it's the game itself, with arenas populated by hordes and scorew.....s (last poll, with B29 as winner, showed me pretty clearly who the average AH player is, today), poor and not (anymore) stimulating gameplay, maybe it's all of this. In any case, I don't feel like playing AH anymore and I don't see why I should keep paying the subscription; I'll keep visiting the forums, from time to time.

It's been great to be with this community in the last years, I've met some great guys in here (you know who you are) and I hope that one day I'll meet you again in the virtual sky.

Take care, guys, and bye!

<S>!

you are one of the ones i'll miss.  :salute

good luck, and see ya in a couple weeks.  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline klingan

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2011, 08:36:52 AM »
<S> Gian!

:(

The Few GFC

Offline B2B

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2011, 08:59:18 AM »
 :salute It was always a pleasure to hear your distinctive voice on range channel, especially when the fight was intense. You're a class act Gian, it's been fun to fly with you.  :cheers:
Tour 92

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2011, 09:09:49 AM »
The times I saw you on, it seemed you always conducted yourself well and were respectable. Sorry to see you go.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline SASMOX

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2011, 09:15:29 AM »
 :salute Gian

....maybe it's because flying for real is so much beautiful.....

I know, what you mean..

Something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdBOUUpJd0Y

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2011, 02:25:15 PM »
Wow, so much love in a game of war? Something's obviously wrong in this game! :D

Anyway, three posts, the first one about the whining about the whines! ;)

My question is. If a player decides to quit the game. Why come on the BBS and speak negatively about its players? Everyone talks about wanting the game to grow with more and more players, yet complain and threaten to quit because the players are not skilled enough..
How can a game have growth without new players...

This is what I should have said to begin with..

My apologies to the op if my previous post was out of bounds...

I dont' know you and I think we never met in game or in BBS, but I'm sure that, unless you're very *very* young, life's already put you in a situation where you have/decide to leave a place where you were hanging around, having fun with people with whom you became acquainted or friend.

Well, I guess you too had to drop in one last time to say good bye, isn't it? And, naturally, your pals asked you why you have or decide to leave. So, make no mistakes, this isn't a whine thread, this a bye-bye thread, to say to all the people I've met and befriended in this wonderful game that they won't find me online anymore (except on BBS from time to time) and to explain to them why I feel the need to spend differently my free time. I must confess that laziness betrayed me in one point, because I copied part of the OP from the one I posted in my squad private forum, so certain adjectives and names were too strong: for those I apologize, if someone recognized himself in that description and felt offended. Of course, that doesn't change my feelings toward the arenas gameplay nowadays.

There are many things that kept me from logging into other arenas (AvA, special events, et cetera), but that would take too much to tell, so let's leave it for another post or thread, maybe (yeah, michaelrkerr, I'd love to make air races, but it's high night in Italy when you race :( )
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2011, 02:30:43 PM »
Number two, for Yaeger!

Dude, all other points aside, which are obviously valid, your singular point about the most beautiful and awesome heavy bomber of the war being included into the game as proof that the average AH player is somehow now proven to be that of a low quality player is the only point I take exception with.  You sir, are wrong on THAT point.

Don't get me wrong, sir, I love flying and I love airplanes and I totally agree with you, the B29 was the most awesome heavy bomber of the war and one beautiful plane (not sure if the most beautiful); my assertion is based not on the plane, but on the never ending bunch of threads in the Wishlist forum and elsewhere in the BBS, that I'm sure you have read, where people requested this plane loudly and mostly for all the wrong reasons. That's what made me think that this last poll result was a sign of the deterioration of the gameplay. Again, I'd like to add more on the topic, but this is not the right thread and occasion, so let's drop it.

Thanks for your wishes and, if you want to keep the discussion about the B29 and gameplay, please, let's do it in another thread.

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2011, 02:49:29 PM »
Number three, for all the other guys, who just dropped by to say bye!

Thank you all so much!

For those who asked, I fly Tecnam P92 in its various incarnation: here's a picture of the planes I rent at my flying club (click to enlarge):

It's LSA in US, ultralight for Italian regulations (sorry, Michaelrkerr, no RV-8).

Iena, grazie mille! One day I hope I'll land with my own airplane at Copenhagen's airport and visit you! ;)

I know of Gian for some time... his leaving AH is a big loss to the game overall. Good people are rare in here, he is one of the few I was even willing to duel (even though I always lost).

Are you sure you remember that correctly? ;) Maybe it's because you were flying that twinboom bombers of yours, while I was in a real fighter! :D

Keep up with the RL aviation...and I want a ride if I ever manage to venture your way! ;)

BTW, you can still participate: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,303737.0.html ;)

You'll be welcome! But if work turns in the right direction, maybe after dropping by in Copenhagen to see Iena, I'll fly to Virrat in my own little plane and take you guys out for a ride! :)

I know, what you mean..

Something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdBOUUpJd0Y

Yeah, Sasmox, you know the feeling! :) Is that wasq, flying alongside in his new plane? I envy him! :devil

Again, thank you all so very much, all of you... especially those who said that I'm a good guy and a class act... you don't really know me, fools! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahrrgg.. cough... cough.... :D

EDIT: Btw, I almost forgot... for all the fans, I'll find a full sized picture of that avatar! :devil
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 02:52:26 PM by Gianlupo »

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2011, 02:53:25 PM »
cmon gian bro, 

this is going to descend into group hugs and tearful farewells.   This wouldn't be very manly of any of us!

Take it easy mate  :cheers:   :salute
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2011, 02:55:50 PM »
  :confused:  :uhoh  :huh ......

:cry

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2011, 02:56:40 PM »
I can see you were in the "Dog Fighters Club"  which means you are top notch virtual pilot, <S> hope all goes well :airplane: :salute
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2011, 02:59:26 PM »
Nope, it just means that I wasn't afraid of mixing it up with red airplanes and I always did my best to give a good fight to my opponent, without caring about the score; it meant that, for me, the fight was the goal of the game, not victory.

Offline wasq

• Silver Member
      • Photos
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2011, 02:59:34 PM »
 :salute Gian

Yeah, Sasmox, you know the feeling! :) Is that wasq, flying alongside in his new plane? I envy him! :devil
Yep, thats me with the starry plane.  :t

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2011, 03:00:17 PM »
Awwwwwww, you lucky guy! I want mine, too! :)

Btw, great video, I love flying over snow!