Author Topic: ar234 question  (Read 53647 times)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: ar234 question
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2012, 03:27:33 PM »
AFAIK there was no system which had the complete control of a/c for sighting purposes. The BZA was merely a computer which made calculations according to inputs and it was pilot's job to keep the pipper on top of target during the dive. Even the pull-up automation merely controlled only the trim input upon pull-up so that the plane had a tendency to pull-up whether or not the pilot pulled the yoke.

What I'm interested in is whether there was a possibility to enter all the parameters by hand when at target area since I understand that some of the parameters were set prior to take-off according to conditions of target area such as barometric data.

-C+
Is that information from that German book I posted on the BZA?  The last part I don't know. Maybe that is in the book to as I know they do talk about the BZA on some of the pages. Sadly I don't speak or read German to know for sure what is said.

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2012, 02:49:59 AM »
There is a Finnish version of this chart but I don't recall where it is in bigger format:

I'll try to dig it up.

-C+

Ed. One more: http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/2918/clipboard01hg5.jpg
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 03:15:12 AM by Charge »
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2012, 04:22:09 PM »
Excellent information :aok I had seen a thumb nail of this before but could not make out what it was about due to size & language.

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2012, 04:23:59 PM »
I can't quite tell from the chart, but does the bomb site control the dive, or just the pull out?  If just the pull out, why was it necessary?  In case the pilot blacked out?
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2012, 06:18:55 AM »
I recall that the plane is trimmed for dive and pushed down to dive by the pilot and after release the automatic trims the plane to climb because the pilot cannot do it by himself due to heaviness of controls.

I understand that BZA works so that the target is kept at the reticle during the dive so the BZA can calculate the estimated impact point which is the pipper. After the BZA had done the calculations (or reached the programmed height depending of bomb type) the buzzer sounds and the plane is pulled slightly so that the pipper in on top of target and the bombs are released by the pilot. As the BZA is indicated that bombs are released the BZA trims the plane for pull-up.

I'm not completely sure this is how its supposed to work but this is my recollection.

-C+
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2012, 02:43:15 PM »
I recall that the plane is trimmed for dive and pushed down to dive by the pilot and after release the automatic trims the plane to climb because the pilot cannot do it by himself due to heaviness of controls.

I understand that BZA works so that the target is kept at the reticle during the dive so the BZA can calculate the estimated impact point which is the pipper. After the BZA had done the calculations (or reached the programmed height depending of bomb type) the buzzer sounds and the plane is pulled slightly so that the pipper in on top of target and the bombs are released by the pilot. As the BZA is indicated that bombs are released the BZA trims the plane for pull-up.

I'm not completely sure this is how its supposed to work but this is my recollection.

-C+

Best & only answer I have heard & found to date.  :aok

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2012, 04:13:32 PM »
A quick English read this time.

This magazine has not got all it's facts right how ever based off what was known in 1972 about the Ar-234 it holds it's own.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/79624309/PROFILE-215-ARADO-Ar-234-BLITZ

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2012, 05:51:03 PM »

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2012, 08:39:08 PM »
I have a huge quantity of German PDF files on the AR-234-B. Here are a few that pertains to this thread. Most interesting looks to be some info on the bombing computers. All in German of course. If any one wants additional information on other areas of the AR-234-B I most likely have some sort of file let me know & I will post it.

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2012, 06:10:11 PM »
I think the ar234 should of had more guns not just rear guns did it?????
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2012, 07:09:16 PM »
I think the ar234 should of had more guns not just rear guns did it?????
The AR-234-B as we have in game now the only time it had guns was when a small night fighter squadron was formed & those were converted with radar & had another model designation that I can't think of at the moment. They added a forward firing gun pod under the belly.

And one fellow listed back in this thread borrowed the forward firing gun pod from the night fighter squadron & was zipping around over Italy taking shots at allied pilots in his AR-234-B.

No planes were ever shot down with these forward firing gun pods though.

No AR-234-B ever had rearward firing guns.

Offline Peyton

• Copper Member
« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2012, 09:57:47 AM »
The AR-234-B as we have in game now the only time it had guns was when a small night fighter squadron was formed & those were converted with radar & had another model designation that I can't think of at the moment. They added a forward firing gun pod under the belly.

And one fellow listed back in this thread borrowed the forward firing gun pod from the night fighter squadron & was zipping around over Italy taking shots at allied pilots in his AR-234-B.

No planes were ever shot down with these forward firing gun pods though.

No AR-234-B ever had rearward firing guns.

+10 for all of your work Lyric.  You should get a job at an Aerospace Museum and get paid for all of your research. 

I say leave the rear facing guns and add the forward firing gun pod under the belly. :rock

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2012, 11:05:32 AM »
I say leave the rear facing guns

Apparently you haven't been reading any of the good work that Lyric has been doing....   :rolleyes:

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2012, 10:28:16 PM »
I say leave the rear facing guns and add the forward firing gun pod under the belly. :rock

The rear facing guns are pure fantasy. In fact the Arado of AH is the only plane that is pure fantasy and should be removed or modified for that reason. The guns should go.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #104 on: February 29, 2012, 04:03:50 PM »
The 425 rpg on all the P-47s is also pure fantasy, I might add.... So it's not the "only" one... but it's still a bad thing.