Author Topic: Jeeps with AC fuel  (Read 4114 times)

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
Jeeps with AC fuel
« on: January 30, 2011, 09:55:40 AM »
I would like jeeps with two 5 gallon Aircraft fuel cans as a ord option. Can't tell ya how many times I've had to take a ditch within sight of the runway with a perfectly good air craft. It would also make some very interesting tactical possibilities.

Offline BigKev03

• Copper Member
Re: Jeeps with AC fuel
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 10:08:03 AM »
Ugh no!  that is why you have to pay attention to the fuel gauge on your aircraft.  Alos pay attention to your E6B.  You can also cut rpms back and make it home.  Just leanr fuel management.

BigKev

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 10:20:47 AM »
Maybe the ability to tow you back to base, I would agree with. Probably not the gas can thought. But if you can find a jeep or M3 driver that would tow you back to the runway, that would be cool.

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 10:43:18 AM »
Actually you know what.  The more of think of this the more I think it is a fabulous idea.  Imagine running out of fuel and being able to land somewhere.  Have a squaddie drive you a jeep with some fuel fill her up and then take off again on the uneasy terrain and make it back to base.  It would get especially interesting if this was all attempted with enemies looming or even enemy tanks around.   :lol
I do think however, that a jeep fuel reload should only reload you 25% fuel regardless of how many reloads you get.  For example, if you land at a spawn, a jeep should not be able to reload you, end sortie, spawn reload you again.  25% cap on it.

Either way I see no reason why a jeep shouldn't be able to refuel an airplane and it would add nothing but fun to the game which is a big +1 for me.  On top of that, it would not be very difficult to code.  Probably some writing involved, but pretty basic concepts to add this into the game.

+1111

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 12:27:49 PM »
Could a jeep actually transport 25% of fuel for any aircraft?  
How many gallons is that for a plane like a 51, or a typh, or an F4 etc.?  Not even to mention attack bombers like A20's, 25's, etc that would carry much more fuel?
Would you need several jeeps to make the 25% amount?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 12:55:59 PM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline DeadStik

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 12:46:36 PM »
Ugh no!  that is why you have to pay attention to the fuel gauge on your aircraft.  Alos pay attention to your E6B.  You can also cut rpms back and make it home.  Just leanr fuel management.

BigKev

+1 to what BigKev says.

-1 to this idea.

It's an extremely rare case that this would be used and it would take up too much time coding which can be used for more valuable things. Learn fuel management!!
Dedstick

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 01:18:33 PM »
+1 to what BigKev says.

-1 to this idea.

It's an extremely rare case that this would be used and it would take up too much time coding which can be used for more valuable things. Learn fuel management!!

It really wouldn't take that much time at all to code I don't believe. If a jeep is within 5 yds of landed airplane the jeep clicks refuel aircraft.  If pilot accepts refuel it takes 30 seconds, just like on the rearm pad.  All the tools to do this are already in the game in one shape or the other. 

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 01:49:03 PM »
+1  :aok
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 02:28:04 PM »
why not just call it a successful landing if you ditch anywhere within dar circle.  after all why waste time with jeeps.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 02:32:37 PM »
I think this is a pretty cool idea....+1
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2011, 03:59:05 PM »
It really wouldn't take that much time at all to code I don't believe. If a jeep is within 5 yds of landed airplane the jeep clicks refuel aircraft.  If pilot accepts refuel it takes 30 seconds, just like on the rearm pad.  All the tools to do this are already in the game in one shape or the other. 

You have a jeep fetish don't you?

+1 for more variety
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline Mirage

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2011, 04:10:30 PM »
add a fuel tanker to the game  :D
Kommando Nowotny

I/Jg-301Gelb Zehn |

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2011, 08:19:02 PM »
Can you imagine shooting the thing with fuel in it?  :D

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2011, 09:45:42 PM »
+1 if you shoot the jeep and it turns into a small mushroom cloud :aok

:salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2011, 09:56:55 PM »
add a fuel tanker to the game  :D
now thats thinking
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.