Author Topic: flight SIM!  (Read 2457 times)

Offline DeadStik

• Copper Member
Re: flight SIM!
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2011, 10:11:12 PM »
your right i want bomb sight to be alrady cailbrated and i want the guns to work by them self then because the crew would have done that oh and to add to that can we have tank icons becuase the tank commander would have spoted then :furious  oh and what about killstrecks like a nuke btw

I sense bitterness and sarcasm. Not needed. Implementing your idea requires a lot of work from our awesome game developers. I'd prefer they spend that time providing us with more equipment rather than more superfluous features on already existing equipment. I get enough checklist crap at my workplace. I don't want it in a game I play to RELIEVE stress.
Dedstick

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2011, 08:45:33 PM »
So when you're 15 miles from the base you turn back when your effective range is 15 miles? That's poor planning and certainly does no warrent a crutch implemented. Try conservative flight planning for a change. Maybe you'll make it back despite multiple unplanned deviations.

People keep asking for increased margins to land their score. "Make it the whole field." "Make it the dar ring." "Make it so you can have extra gas given to you." What is so wrong with the boundaries we have now? They are challenging and that makes it fun. If this is implemented, where do the crutches end? "I want a mechanic in the jeep to repair my bent prop. Also have them bring me ammo. Also have them bring a giant industrial fan which will give me a headwind/reduced takeoff roll (because who knows what this terrain you landed on is like)." Yeah I'm being sarcastic, but I'm just illustrating a point. In real life could a jeep bring the aircraft some fuel? Sure, why not. Does it belong in this game? I doubt it. If it were voted to be implemented should it take priority over ANY other addon the game is in need of (more equipment perhaps??)? No, it should not... I'm sorry but this wish is not needed.

First off, Look whos talking about bitterness and sarcasm!!!!! Recognize this?

You should, you posted it THREE, Identical, times!

IN A ROW!

IN THE SAME POST! NOT NEEDED!

ALSO NOT NEEDED are halfwits that tell everyone what Hitech does and doesnt have time for because YOU prefer they work on what YOU want!
All you have to do is remember this is a wish list! We all have a right to say what we want and if you dont like a feature that we ask for, you can always ask for a dummy button to make it easy!

your right i want bomb sight to be alrady cailbrated and i want the guns to work by them self then because the crew would have done that oh and to add to that can we have tank icons becuase the tank commander would have spotted

Im with you olds. Their logic is a little under developed as you point out.  I understand the arguments against as well. So I think that they should make it an option like combat trim but with no performance advantage either way. Of course if not operated properly you would suffer a disadvantage using full engine control. But thats the risk we take right? So let them fly the girly way if they want.

Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2011, 08:49:16 PM »
And this is why P-51 "dogfighting" in Il2 is not exactly a thing of beauty... :D

I've never had to adjust the mixture on the P-51D in Il-2 sturmovik, and the same goes for a lot of late-war American aircraft.  None of the Bf 109E-Ks had mixture controls, either, but many aircraft did have manual mixture controls.  I don't find it to be too much of a pain because it's very obvious when you need to adjust it, and there's no aircraft-specific knowledge you need to do it right.

The control that actually makes you know your aircraft is the manual blower.  For example, the F4F has 3 stages, and if you don't know the right altitudes for them, you'll have a hard time escaping from an A6M when you need to.

Another one that affects combat performance a lot is cooling systems.  Opening radiators and cowl flaps causes drag, and the slower you're going, the more you need to open them.  Some aircraft had automatic radiator controls, but someone who knows his aircraft can get more from it with manual control.  This was tested to death by P-51D pilots in Il-2 Sturmovik, and they found that the fastest sustainable settings were 95% throttle, 95% prop pitch, and the radiator closed.  You can run like that indefinitely and you'll be damn fast; just don't get slow in a turn fight.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2011, 08:50:25 PM »
First off, Look whos talking about bitterness and sarcasm!!!!! Recognize this?

You should, you posted it THREE, Identical, times!

IN A ROW!

IN THE SAME POST! NOT NEEDED!

ALSO NOT NEEDED are halfwits that tell everyone what Hitech does and doesnt have time for because YOU prefer they work on what YOU want!
All you have to do is remember this is a wish list! We all have a right to say what we want and if you dont like a feature that we ask for, you can always ask for a dummy button to make it easy!

Im with you olds. Their logic is a little under developed as you point out.  I understand the arguments against as well. So I think that they should make it an option like combat trim but with no performance advantage either way. Of course if not operated properly you would suffer a disadvantage using full engine control. But thats the risk we take right? So let them fly the girly way if they want.

at least some one gets it :rolleyes:
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2011, 10:37:13 PM »
[quote author=muzik link=topic=305560.msg3935586#msg3935586 date=1296614733

[/quote]

Hitech has said no.  What's the confusion?

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2011, 06:37:48 AM »
so why did HTC say no is it to real
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2011, 07:29:08 AM »

I think it was something along the lines of"It isn't worth the time and energy to put the feature in just so you can have the pleasure of pushing a couple of buttons."

He has also stated that this is a GAME, not a FLIGHT SIMULATOR. Games are fun, simulators are are not. There are a lot more people in the public that will pay for a game than there are "air forces" that will pay for a simulator.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2011, 10:35:12 AM »
Actually, I think he said: it's a simulator used to play a game. :)

gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2011, 11:25:42 AM »
there is a realistic combat sim......its called...damn I cant remeber.....truly its not IL2......nope cant remember, someone remind me.......

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2011, 11:48:43 AM »
there is a realistic combat sim......its called...damn I cant remeber.....truly its not IL2......nope cant remember, someone remind me.......

Targetware?

If so, I played it for 5 minutes once.  Which incidentally is about how long I'd play Aces High if they implemented realistic engines.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2011, 11:52:55 AM »
Yoss- exactly thats the one thanx :-)

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2011, 12:46:10 PM »
I think it was something along the lines of"It isn't worth the time and energy to put the feature in just so you can have the pleasure of pushing a couple of buttons."

He has also stated that this is a GAME, not a FLIGHT SIMULATOR. Games are fun, simulators are are not. There are a lot more people in the public that will pay for a game than there are "air forces" that will pay for a simulator.

I think simulators are fun... :(
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2011, 12:50:46 PM »
We wouldn't have any game then silly man. 

can we make this game like it would be in ww2
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2011, 12:58:28 PM »
If you truly truly really want that level of detail...

I suggest you cancel your subscription and enlist in the air force. Now. today. Make a career change.

You'll get all the details you want there.

When you get tired of all the procedures, feel free to re-subscribe Aces High to relax and have fun.

P.S. Targetware sucked. Even a number of folks on their own forums were discussing "when does minutae get to be too much?" back when I checked it out....

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2011, 01:51:52 PM »

From the quote on the first page, fifth post (mine):

Finally as I have said before, you really are just asking to have to remember to push a few more keys on the keyboard. AH is about flying & fighting, not about having to remember a check list.

HiTech

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay