Author Topic: What do you think would happen if...  (Read 1068 times)

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
What do you think would happen if...
« on: February 11, 2011, 07:11:01 PM »
Instead of assists, we get however many fractions of a kill as the amount of pilots hit or damaged that plane?

I.E. 8 people shoot at 1 plane, they each get 1/8 of a kill once that plane dies or bails.

My prediction is that there wouldn't be that may kills being landed :)
Strokes

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
Re: What do you think would happen if...
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 07:12:46 PM »
A lot of bullets going into burning planes...
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 07:15:46 PM »
Would be a great addition for the vets, horrible addition for the newbs.  Since there are many more newbs than vets and newbs are more fragile customers, it equates to a terrible business decision.  Sorry. :)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 07:25:39 PM »
I think to encourage the newer players we should change the system to say   "So and so landed 435 bullets"    That way they would feel success for anything they hit.   Guys would be unloading their entire ammo load into barns and stuff just so they could get the highest number of bullets landed.  They'd feel unstoppable.  Then once they found they could hit the broad side of a barn, they might try hitting another plane.  This would start probably with shooting planes just taking off as the chance of landing more bullets would be easier.  but in time as they grew more confident they could graduate to moving targets like jeeps.  And then once they've become good marksmen and hopefully feel more a part of the community they could try shooting at planes in the air.

Of course we'd have to figure out which bullet to use as our baseline bullet.  Guys might all fly Spit Is with all those 303s and land a lot more bullets this way.  The 109 drivers might get discouraged so we'd have to decide how many bullets one tater equals.

But I do believe this would be a far better system then the landing kills system in place now.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 07:27:53 PM »
I think to encourage the newer players we should change the system to say   "So and so landed 435 bullets"    That way they would feel success for anything they hit.   Guys would be unloading their entire ammo load into barns and stuff just so they could get the highest number of bullets landed.  They'd feel unstoppable.  Then once they found they could hit the broad side of a barn, they might try hitting another plane.  This would start probably with shooting planes just taking off as the chance of landing more bullets would be easier.  but in time as they grew more confident they could graduate to moving targets like jeeps.  And then once they've become good marksmen and hopefully feel more a part of the community they could try shooting at planes in the air.

Of course we'd have to figure out which bullet to use as our baseline bullet.  Guys might all fly Spit Is with all those 303s and land a lot more bullets this way.  The 109 drivers might get discouraged so we'd have to decide how many bullets one tater equals.

But I do believe this would be a far better system then the landing kills system in place now.

Take it one step further, how about rewarding them for being able to click the fire button at all and maintain basic control of their aircraft?  Haha Jk, Nice one Corky.  Actually the line need be drawn somewhere obviously, I think it is fine the way it is in regards to this subject manner :)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 08:26:18 PM »
I'm still waiting for a scoring system that gives credit for dying.  I want recognition for being the best at something!
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 08:28:24 PM »
I'm still waiting for a scoring system that gives credit for dying.  I want recognition for being the best at something!

But you don't even have "most deaths" or "most death per kill". You would really have to work on that  :P

EDIT: This made me look up the player with "best" death/(kills+1) in tour 132. The poor guy had 114 sorties with almost 9 hours flying time... and not a single kill  :(
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 08:35:38 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 09:47:15 PM »
But you don't even have "most deaths" or "most death per kill". You would really have to work on that  :P

EDIT: This made me look up the player with "best" death/(kills+1) in tour 132. The poor guy had 114 sorties with almost 9 hours flying time... and not a single kill  :(

I wish you'd ask first before publishing my stats! :furious
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 09:50:47 PM »
 :lol

:cheers:

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 10:30:14 PM »

But how many ordinance bunkers did he kill and how many pats on his head did he get from his little general?  The fact that ppl like this exist make me lose faith in humanity.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2011, 10:41:45 PM »
But how many ordinance bunkers did he kill and how many pats on his head did he get from his little general?  The fact that ppl like this exist make me lose faith in humanity.

None. He did also fly almost for 9 hours in bombers - basically without hitting anything. He was a two weeker playing for more than 20 hours without any "success". He obviously was trying to get the hang of it but didn't succeed. Most people would have given up after half an hour. I do feel bad for him and wished he had more success or had found someone to teach him a bit.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2011, 10:51:50 PM »
None. He did also fly almost for 9 hours in bombers - basically without hitting anything. He was a two weeker playing for more than 20 hours without any "success". He obviously was trying to get the hang of it but didn't succeed. Most people would have given up after half an hour. I do feel bad for him and wished he had more success or had found someone to teach him a bit.

Ok. So he's an idiot. I feel a bit more sympathy but not much. Even if someone showed him the way, if he is so stupid that he can't figure out some way to hit at least something in 20 hours, he wouldn't get it with help. May as well be gone. He's probably a man with a family that needs him anyway. The universe has a way of making sure ppl do what they need to be doing.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2011, 11:22:21 PM »
Ok. So he's an idiot. I feel a bit more sympathy but not much. Even if someone showed him the way, if he is so stupid that he can't figure out some way to hit at least something in 20 hours, he wouldn't get it with help. May as well be gone. He's probably a man with a family that needs him anyway. The universe has a way of making sure ppl do what they need to be doing.
I disagree with this line of thought.  I have seen more computer illiterate people trying their first computer game here than anywhere else, even than in 12,000,000 account WoW.  AH is not a beginner's computer game, Bedazzled it ain't.  When somebody is that new to computer games, many of the things that are second nature to us are completely foreign to them and with just a little help they can begin to get their feet under them, see some success and progress and perhaps sign up.  Without new blood, AH dies.  We need to encourage new players.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline ScottyK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2011, 11:23:05 PM »
wow, just wow.
Childhood is over the moment you know your gonna die.  Fight not to Fail, or end up like the others.   In my crate, im the commander.

IGN: Scotty57

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2011, 11:31:38 PM »

You are  kind of cranky tonight Sunbat?  Bad day?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters