Author Topic: Open letter  (Read 2739 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Open letter
« on: February 13, 2011, 04:00:07 PM »
Dear Mr. General,

I tried.

I stayed loyal to your AH country for 44 days now. High ENY, low ENY, hording or being horded. I was killing the enemy left and right to the benefit of flag & countrymen. I even stayed in the arena  and defended our turf when you where "getting sick of all that defense" and went to the other arena, where we had the numbers and the horde on our side.

But I can't bear it anymore.

Why is it that those who do expect that kind of loyalty make it so hard to stay loyal to them? Does it really rally the fighting spirits if you tell everybody how much "WE SUCK" ... six times an hour?
Don't you feel silly when happily taking advantage of a huge battle the other two countries have, to grab a few undefended bases - yet one hour later, when the tide has turned, you yell "THEY NEVER FIGHT EACH OTHER!". You have no problems ignoring the enemy's ENY limit, because you do notice ENY only when it hurts us. But then of course it's all clear: "THEY NEVER HAVE ENY LIKE WE DO". And yes, Sir, there is a difference between relative and absolute numbers. 50 to 30 is something different than 150 to 130, even if it's both 20 players difference. Do you really believe that certain squads over there make half their members log off with the sole purpose to screw our ENY or ease their own?
Do you actually expect answers on ever repeating questions like "Why is A100 not porked?" Do you realize that if you say "Why did nobody defend V34? We are such a joke!", you are part of the joke yourself?

If you constantly tell us how much better "they" are, how much better organized - do you think that helps? Obviously  your "Great Book of  Leadership and Motivation"  has only one single rule: "Insult, belittle, annoy your comrades until they follow your orders!"
Victory through negativity? Does constant whining really increase the number of your minions?

I for one have enough of this.
No matter how many goons or M3's I kill, how many noes I bust or how many bombers never dropped their load on our CV, I'm still a lame furballer to you because I didn't follow any of your other orders or even questioned your strategic genius when I dared to think an enemy airbase near our HQ is more important than some remote Vbase that spawns nowhere.
So if I'm taking flak just for being on your side and part of "this bunch of losers", then I can resort to my old side switching ways again. You can't be pleased anyway.
So nice people on all sides can again expect my help when I happen to be on their side. I will be loyal to what ever chesspiece I'm on at the moment, but when the whiners take over the countrychannel again and my squelch filter is filling up, I'm gone again.

February 2011, Rookland, Bish Embassy

Snailman  :bolt:

P.S. Do you know you have an evil twin "over there" who also believes "their CV's take more ords to sink, their tanks have thicker armor and they can shoot through hills"? It's just that he thinks it's his side that HiTech and AH is biased against. Amazing, isn't it?

See ya busting your 20+ NOE! Slurp!  :P
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 04:12:12 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: Open letter
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 04:11:14 PM »
I endorse this letter.

:aok

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 04:12:02 PM »

Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 04:23:47 PM »
LOL.  How many Generals do we have on the bish, rooks, and knights?
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 04:27:11 PM »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 04:34:32 PM »
Well put Snailman.

The same "furball" whines are on every side.  I spend most of my time defending (not slaying them left and right like you, but I do my part) and hear the exact same things almost every day.  In LWO, I am a nit because they are almost always numbers deficient.  Took a screenie of one of the rants:

In LWB, I am mostly bishie and sometimes a rookie because they are numbers deficient (nits with numbers).  Here is a screenie of a bishie whine:

The generals are only happy when you do everything they want and where they want it.  The "we suck" whines are not exactly endearing them to their countrymen.  :lol
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 04:38:09 PM »
I think Samuel Beckett could have taken 1 hour of country channel chat logs and made a play out of it  :noid

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 04:43:23 PM »
I endorse this letter.

:aok

wrongway

Ditto  :aok
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 04:57:07 PM »
I think Samuel Beckett could have taken 1 hour of country channel chat logs and made a play out of it  :noid

Waiting for Hitech

bish#1: I can't go on like this.
bish#2: That's what you think.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 05:27:30 PM »
LOL

Join the Side Switchers

www.ripsnort.org

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2011, 05:42:04 PM »
The grass is always greener!!!!

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2011, 06:11:29 PM »

This is just too epic not to share ( over and over again).

This general was enraged that I wouldnt deack a town in a K4  :rofl :rofl
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 06:23:37 PM »
Dear Mr. General,

I tried.

I stayed loyal to your AH country for 44 days now. High ENY, low ENY, hording or being horded. I was killing the enemy left and right to the benefit of flag & countrymen. I even stayed in the arena  and defended our turf when you where "getting sick of all that defense" and went to the other arena, where we had the numbers and the horde on our side.

But I can't bear it anymore.

Why is it that those who do expect that kind of loyalty make it so hard to stay loyal to them? Does it really rally the fighting spirits if you tell everybody how much "WE SUCK" ... six times an hour?
Don't you feel silly when happily taking advantage of a huge battle the other two countries have, to grab a few undefended bases - yet one hour later, when the tide has turned, you yell "THEY NEVER FIGHT EACH OTHER!". You have no problems ignoring the enemy's ENY limit, because you do notice ENY only when it hurts us. But then of course it's all clear: "THEY NEVER HAVE ENY LIKE WE DO". And yes, Sir, there is a difference between relative and absolute numbers. 50 to 30 is something different than 150 to 130, even if it's both 20 players difference. Do you really believe that certain squads over there make half their members log off with the sole purpose to screw our ENY or ease their own?
Do you actually expect answers on ever repeating questions like "Why is A100 not porked?" Do you realize that if you say "Why did nobody defend V34? We are such a joke!", you are part of the joke yourself?

If you constantly tell us how much better "they" are, how much better organized - do you think that helps? Obviously  your "Great Book of  Leadership and Motivation"  has only one single rule: "Insult, belittle, annoy your comrades until they follow your orders!"
Victory through negativity? Does constant whining really increase the number of your minions?

I for one have enough of this.
No matter how many goons or M3's I kill, how many noes I bust or how many bombers never dropped their load on our CV, I'm still a lame furballer to you because I didn't follow any of your other orders or even questioned your strategic genius when I dared to think an enemy airbase near our HQ is more important than some remote Vbase that spawns nowhere.
So if I'm taking flak just for being on your side and part of "this bunch of losers", then I can resort to my old side switching ways again. You can't be pleased anyway.
So nice people on all sides can again expect my help when I happen to be on their side. I will be loyal to what ever chesspiece I'm on at the moment, but when the whiners take over the countrychannel again and my squelch filter is filling up, I'm gone again.

February 2011, Rookland, Bish Embassy

Snailman  :bolt:

P.S. Do you know you have an evil twin "over there" who also believes "their CV's take more ords to sink, their tanks have thicker armor and they can shoot through hills"? It's just that he thinks it's his side that HiTech and AH is biased against. Amazing, isn't it?

See ya busting your 20+ NOE! Slurp!  :P

I am upset with you lusche.you NEVER fly bish when I am ON... :neener:

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2011, 06:34:20 PM »
I'm with you on this one Lusche. I take it you got "stung" ?