Author Topic: Why did you...  (Read 1788 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: Why did you...
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2011, 03:10:18 PM »
Well I had a good friend who started a squadron. The squad I was in was just H2H (we were active on Deft's H2H ladder back in the day)

Anyway this friend started a squadron, and he was taking 2 maybe 3 other guys into the main and trying to do base captures. Mostly they were getting ripped up.  The H2H squad I was with was dieing even then, so I started tagging along.

Funny over all the years every other member of that squadron had to apply, and  be voted on. I just kind of slid my way in, force of personality, or friendship, dunno. At that point I think he needed every warm body he could get.  Anyway all that was back in 97, in WB and my friend was Daddog. Who is still the best CO of any squad I've ever seen. Which is one reason I'm still there.

They may not be the best pilots, but its a high class group, with a lot of heart.
I can honestly say without their support and encouragement I don't think I'd be here today without them. <S> 332nd Flying Mongrels

Daddog, in a moment of temporary insanity, thought I showed promise.  I still believe to this day the vote was fixed.  Or perhaps they just needed a black sheep. :D
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2011, 05:23:56 PM »
Another back patting thread huh.........

Back to the Bat Cave to work on your trolling skills, sir. 
Tours 86 - 296

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2011, 06:56:21 PM »
I don't think that was a troll..
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2011, 07:18:47 PM »
Another back patting thread huh.........

It is apparent that poor Todd hasn't been invited to squadron pool party and feels rejected.  You know, a decent thread gets going and there's always a "Todd".   WTFG Todd...

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2011, 08:44:50 PM »

You're right.  It was too blunt to be a troll
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2011, 10:22:46 PM »
     WHen I started flying AH around 10 years ago I was solo for awhile.  Couldn't fly for crap (not much has changed), I became interested in buffs due to my expert fighter skills.  I started joining missions for buffs started by bmbrpuke and Racdogg.  Through those missions I met another of their squaddies named Maxius.  Max taught me the basics of divebombing and how to not totally suck as a fighter pilot.  I joined JG44 soon after.  1177 was the CO at the time with doobs and knuckels assisting.  1177 left the squad soon after I started.  I made some of my best in game friends during this time. I also fell in love with FSO.  doobs then left followed by knuckels and the squad had a vote for a new CO. There were sour grapes over it and a large group left.
    I flew solo for about a month when Racdogg contacted me about forming a new squad. The CLAIM JUMPERS were formed.  The squad was great to start out. However, it kept getting larger and larger. Eventually, I would log in and there would be 15+ people on vox and I might know 3.  I was the FSO CO for the squad and got my first CiC duty.  Several squaddies gave me significant grief over my choice of ride for the squad and due to that I resigned from the squad at the end of my first CiC duty.
     Flew solo for a few weeks and then I formed the 7th FS "Screaming Demons" with 4 of my close friends from both previous squads (don5090, geepel, Starke42 and WOLF359).  The squad was great. Fly what you want, when you want.  But we missed FSO.  I knew Nefari from the 412th through FSO and since he lives close byI got the 7th hooked up with the 412th for FSO.  After almost a year in FSO with the 412th, and losing 2 friends to inactivity myself, geepel, and don5090 joined the 412th full time.  This group is a great bunch.  There is no BS, no hidden agenda's, just great team flying. Unfortunately for them their squad vox wasn't prepared for don, geeps, and me.  They have never seen such usless banter, smacktalk,  and inuendo before us I'm sure.
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA