Author Topic: Does LD's flying style make the game boring for the rest of us.  (Read 8980 times)

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Does LD's flying style make the game boring for the rest of us.
« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2011, 08:43:37 PM »
Personally I do find that style of fighting boring but each to their own, I can usually just switch field, or countrys or drop into one of a few arenas in a night to find what I want from the game.  :salute

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #121 on: February 17, 2011, 08:50:52 PM »
Of course expect the ho in every fight. But they bring it to another level. Personally i have 0 respect for them as a squad. But what does my opinion matter.   :salute

your opinion means....welll.... pretty much..... ummmm.... "squat"  :neener:

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: February 17, 2011, 11:14:27 PM »
LD's <<<S>>>. Don't recall encountering you gents much but from just what I have read in this thread, and especially your teamwork/sim flying style described by your CO, well, thanks for adding to the game with your gameplay.

Excellent <S>
Wag more, bark less.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #123 on: February 17, 2011, 11:58:04 PM »
...and I reiterate, what is wrong with, or stopping you, from upping at the next base over to get a little speed and alt before you get there?  Why is it their responsibility to make sure you're all set up to go before they attack you?  Why is it not your responsibility to put yourself in a position where you can fight effectively before engaging them?

Wiley.

:bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead

:bhead

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #124 on: February 18, 2011, 01:43:41 AM »
I wish more squadrons would impliment that rule, my own included. It's simply bad taste. I find people who think they're above others because of the plane they choose to fly is bad taste also.

hey kazaa,

we just started to fly a bit LA 7 because of an upcoming SDL match, we didn't knew it realy before. why? its a great plane for field defense, low furballing and stuff, Its engine power is superb below 15k, but it just didn't fit right into our gameplay. We just don't care when other flys it, why should we? Personaly i think if you fly it to often you lose your feeling of keeping the E, because of its massive acceleration. So most of us have no longer experience with it, but we are open mind, so why not learning it. Maybe we will start tonight some "LA7 friday night" sorties. I don't blame anyone for the planes choose, how could i, i am on friday night allways in a pony, because even drunk it brings me home save. i often called it the most alcohol forgiving plane you can fly. those are personal notes, nothing to point at other! What we are all here for, flying nice WW2 birds, shot down people, being shot down, its our freetime, its fun! And it should be fun!
just accept the difference and enjoy your freetime  :)

:cheers:

dhyran

« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 01:45:23 AM by dhyran »

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: February 18, 2011, 02:57:30 AM »
And the alternative is what, 'Don't work together'?  They put in the effort to work as a unit, why should they not reap the reward?

No that is not what it's been about at all.

I wanted to see if people had found engaging with LD a bit dull and also see what LD had to say about it and particularly Dhryan. I felt happy doing this as I know Dhryan is secure (Bold and Underlined) and was not expecting him or his squad to have a tizzy fit which of course they didn't.

They as in LD have very eloquently (and actually quite movingly) explained what the squad is about and what it means to them. Others clearly have not shared my experiences though a minority have. The LD style if everyone did it as the mighty Holmes said might lead to tedium as we all endlessly competed for the best perch etc but the game just isn't like that and we don't. Above all we are presented with choices.

Most squads exploit the situation in their own way some with neither skill or teamwork just numbers which is also allowed   :D

« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 03:18:22 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2011, 03:11:35 AM »
U want to understand the Loose Deuce? Then here is what you need to know....

1) We're about heart. We go in together and we come out together. I will have my Wingman's back no matter what.
2) We're about respect. Everyone here is different. We all bring something new to sky, and we respect each other for what we are. A Team!
3) We're about friendship. Sometimes when the real world has been just a little to rough you can always count on a couple laughs.
4) We're about dedication. A dedication to learning new tactics and maneuvers.
5) We're about Teamwork. None of our kills, SDL victories, group sorties, or SEC matches would be possible without knowing that when I dive into a Furball, my buddy is right behind me covering my six.

The Loose Deuce is without a doubt the best group of guys Ive ever had the privilege of taking to the sky with. This game would not be half the good time it is without the LD beside me! So a big snappy <S> Loose Deuce! I will see you in the air!

-KillerT  :rock

P.S. I do love the LA-7 though....  :salute

Interestingly LD do not seem to be about individual ego and driven competition which taken to extreem is not very pretty at all. Their values seem to be overtly of friendship, fraternity and community not world domination.
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2011, 03:42:14 AM »

They as in LD have very eloquently (and actually quite movingly) explained what the squad is about and what it means to them. Others clearly have not shared my experiences though a minority have. The LD style if everyone did it as the mighty Holmes said might lead to tedium as we all endlessly competed for the best perch etc but the game just isn't like that and we don't. Above all we are presented with choices.

well,

dull, or whatever, we are focused on flying fighters based on wing tactics! I can gurantee not everyone can do the LD style!  :O :O oh yes, why?
I was once in a mixed squadron, freshmens, old aces, tank drivers , bomber pilots jabo geeks and fighter pilots. after building up this former squadron over 7 years i left frustrated my friends there because the idea of winging up all together in elements just never works. Too much different options to go for, but following the LD method (double attack subversion by R.L Shaw) of free and engaged fighter requeries a strong relationship between each other, only people able to let their ego aside can do.
So in short, there is a reason because we don't accept pilots with a KD below 1 into the LD. Trust is build on results, less talk more action, and a result is not the kill you make, a good drag or a good flown bracket has the same weight for us. We have an internal ranking just for fun, a nice database solution programmed by my xo gathoo, but this stays in private
my focus recruiting new LD member is how they act in public, maybe you see here why

dhyran
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 03:57:43 AM by dhyran »

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2011, 03:57:54 AM »
I think LD are fine, I like the challenge of a skilled high-altitude enemy. If everyone just furballls all day then we would all get bored of the game.
S!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2011, 04:00:12 AM »
Others clearly have not shared my experiences....    

Or maybe we just don't give a crap about another whine thread about how some squadron isn't fighting the way someone else wants them to. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2011, 04:44:36 AM »
I think LD are fine, I like the challenge of a skilled high-altitude enemy. If everyone just furballls all day then we would all get bored of the game.
S!

same back to you gents!
 :salute

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2011, 05:14:37 AM »
Interestingly LD do not seem to be about individual ego and driven competition which taken to extreem is not very pretty at all. Their values seem to be overtly of friendship, fraternity and community not world domination.

yes indeed, short form is .... ?

lube and shame
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 05:42:53 AM by dhyran »

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2011, 06:16:22 AM »
.... ?

lube and shame

Not sure I understand the ?
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2011, 06:18:52 AM »
hint: Short form is 'FUN'

:)
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2011, 06:23:27 AM »