Author Topic: Does LD's flying style make the game boring for the rest of us.  (Read 8984 times)

Offline klingan

• Gold Member
Re: Does LD's flying style make the game boring for the rest of us.
« Reply #150 on: February 18, 2011, 11:40:09 AM »
As a reponse to the few's recruitment video ,I have requested to Dhyran to introduce our recruiting video to the public , strangely,  he have not given an answer it yet, but here we go anyways  :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9GzmbiSTT0

I see Dhyran is using the same outfit as he did last Eurocon....   :cheers:

The Few GFC

Offline Borgoo

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.andreasalvi.com
« Reply #151 on: February 18, 2011, 12:36:55 PM »
Borgoo, "rifatti la foto che sei peggiorato!"   - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DeG5oEOM2E

Borgoo, "let remake your photo, you are deteriorate!"

:rofl

:salute
:rofl :rofl

Lulu: the the "mysterious" Italian of AH!!
Andrea "Borgoo" Salvi
~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #152 on: February 18, 2011, 02:04:47 PM »
 :aok
mobilis in mobile

Offline Silent6

• Copper Member
« Reply #153 on: February 19, 2011, 11:28:00 AM »
This thread makes me laugh! Lol thanks yarbles.....

Offline Stratocaster

• Nickel Member
« Reply #154 on: February 19, 2011, 09:49:39 PM »
<3
Strat

∼<<∼Loose Deuce∼>>∼

Offline newz

• Copper Member
« Reply #155 on: February 20, 2011, 07:20:08 AM »
meh

Don't see how any squads behavior can make the game boring for the rest. If you know their MO
move to another sector. Plenty of folk left out there who are willing to engage without an advantage.

Addicted since tour 62.
Formerly "soupkaan", "soupcan", "LTARsoup", "LTARnewz", "Kamito", "newz"

"ENY is the price of admission for your "loyalty"".-Soulyss

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #156 on: February 20, 2011, 10:08:14 AM »
I've noticed all the great players are usually on the deck tackling 3 or 4 players at once.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Silent6

• Copper Member
« Reply #157 on: February 21, 2011, 08:21:39 AM »
I've noticed all the great players are usually on the deck tackling 3 or 4 players at once.

Got any video to back this up? And also yea anyone can tackle 3-4 players when they have more E and extend to safety and return for another attack, "just like the great players do" Every so often I like to knife fight too but you just dont survive as often when you are outnumbered. There are no guys here that can sustain repeated success on the deck with a 3 to 1 or even 4 to 1 disadvantage. If they do, they are certainly fighting very new players who dont quite know how to play yet.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #158 on: February 21, 2011, 10:38:02 AM »
Got any video to back this up? And also yea anyone can tackle 3-4 players when they have more E and extend to safety and return for another attack, "just like the great players do" Every so often I like to knife fight too but you just dont survive as often when you are outnumbered. There are no guys here that can sustain repeated success on the deck with a 3 to 1 or even 4 to 1 disadvantage. If they do, they are certainly fighting very new players who dont quite know how to play yet.

:rofl :rofl   there are a few/bunch of guys that can kill 3, 4, 5, nme cons. by themselves.  hell  even I have killed 5 of 5 attacking me...all were attacking me at once, it just so happened that day I was on target and hit every one I shot at....there are guys that dont miss very often and can easily tackle multi cons.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: February 21, 2011, 01:27:03 PM »
10 people from most any squad is going to start a vulch...you just admitted to The Few hoarding Yarbles.....good job :aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #160 on: February 21, 2011, 02:19:49 PM »
The Few are so bad they even horde bbs threads.  :rolleyes:
-AoM-

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #161 on: February 22, 2011, 12:44:15 AM »
Not meant to be offensive or troll just saying.

I notice they tend to stay high one makes a pass then they are all back up high again. If you climb up to them and they can't kill you quickly they seem to back away and climb further but tend not to engage as readily as others.

Clearly its their choice and there is no right way of doing things but if they are in a fight rather than thinking either;

Great easy kills, or this will be dangerous but fun, I tend to think oh dear this could be a bit boring.

I am sure they are trying to perfect something and perhaps when they have it, it will be more exciting but currently it can seem like 5 or so guys perching high over a base and staying there. The best defence is often just stay low as it seems and they never get to you which I am sure is not the idea. Climbing up to them is often a bit like a waste of time as if you are on your own they get you and if you have anything like equal numbers they seem to just climb more and back away.

This is just my experience and perhaps some of my squaddies, do others have the same expeirience of this?

Yarbels, with the exception of Trogdor, who I can't give enough positive praise, (he's a great guy), and who never runs from a fight, my recent experiences with them is that they always 'extending' to friendlies in the MA unless they can arrive to a fight with overwhelming advantages. It might have something to do with their k/d requirement. I'll put it this way, 1v1 for a duce is an excuse to run, because unless its a 2v1 or preferably greater 3+v1, you'll be lucky to get a fight from them (with the exception of a few sticks).

Its to their own detriment as it will stunt their personal growth as fighter pilots and will artificially inflate their egos.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #162 on: February 22, 2011, 12:50:51 AM »

Its to their own detriment as it will stunt their personal growth as CARTOON fighter pilots and will artificially inflate their CARTOON egos.

fixed

real fighter pilots would have none of this, they would be banging the hot female instructors giving questionable tips on the performance of Mig28s, and having sweaty volleyball matches and stuff.....

*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #163 on: February 22, 2011, 01:00:48 AM »
        kappa was gonna post the AOM recruitment video but someone leaked our initiation ceremony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxPKNX1oWyw
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #164 on: February 22, 2011, 01:15:39 AM »
Yarbels, with the exception of Trogdor, who I can't give enough positive praise, (he's a great guy), and who never runs from a fight, my recent experiences with them is that they always 'extending' to friendlies in the MA unless they can arrive to a fight with overwhelming advantages. It might have something to do with their k/d requirement. I'll put it this way, 1v1 for a duce is an excuse to run, because unless its a 2v1 or preferably greater 3+v1, you'll be lucky to get a fight from them (with the exception of a few sticks).

Its to their own detriment as it will stunt their personal growth as fighter pilots and will artificially inflate their egos.

please look how we run away from the fight against your own squadron:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjeCnIbWWlU

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUEJbDAphAs

« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 01:23:33 AM by dhyran »

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/