Author Topic: B-29 Nose gun  (Read 812 times)

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
Re: B-29 Nose gun
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 06:03:45 PM »
i'll take another look at it again in the morning, but to help me duplicate it - tell me the steps that you take to get your result.

Okay, fairly simple.  Flying straight and level. Formation of 3 airplanes (although I've stayed in the lead airplane) Press #4 to go to the nose gunner's (sight) position. I press the button to fire a single gun and nothing happens. Moving the sight through the entire range of motion makes no difference. Press the button to fire all and all guns that can, fire; even the one in the lead airplane. As I mentioned before, this same procedure works in the other gun positions.
Appreciate your time Waffle
    :salute
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 10:44:42 PM »
Perhaps if you record it it would be easier to explain

B-29 not firing primary weapon: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4f0q24rely7r3s7/B-29%20guns%20not%20firing.ahf

Pressing the following keys:

[F] No response
[N] Fires all, from any plane.

Never moved the turret, except to make sure I wasn't shooting at a drone. 

Not trying to Hi-Jack this badhorse, but I haven't seen a response for this issue yet.

Coogan

From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 02:33:38 AM »
Were the guns in the B29 really this terrible? First of all, the mg's fire like cannons (not talking about the rear 20mm). The B26 mg's are way better. Second is you can't hardly see any con out the rear sights cause of all the metal framing. There's a very narrow window of fire. Haven't even shot a plane yet and lost 6 buffs. My bomber score is now lower than my fighter score for the first time since AH started. The perk is too high of a cost. You've made it a very rare plane to fly.
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2011, 06:38:31 AM »
If the gun is not pointing forward it will not fire. Just to clear it up it won't fire when rotated left or right.

Also there is no counter for the 20mm unless I'm missing it.

I also have a anomaly in the nose gun glass top left. This could just be me and a video driver. If more info is needed I can post it. If it's just me I'll try another video drivers to see if this helps. I have the latest ATI driver.

Oh and I think we need longer runways or some trees moved.LOL
i took off a 100% fuel and 40 500ib bombs last night by

not using flpas till i get to 130mph, then droping on notch then a smooth pull up
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2011, 09:28:22 AM »
Also there is no counter for the 20mm unless I'm missing it

It's the same as the MG counter. Testing offline, I was able to go over the amount of 20mm I was suppose to have by 22 before I had to stop. I haven't had a chance to test if the MG's were empty if the 20mm's would work. The tanks were like this, secondary fire in the turret for many is a machine gun and it would stop maybe 60 short of what it was suppose to be if you had fired that many AP/HE rounds. I haven't been in a tank in a while to see if it's been changed though.
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2011, 02:06:00 PM »
It's the same as the MG counter. Testing offline, I was able to go over the amount of 20mm I was suppose to have by 22 before I had to stop. I haven't had a chance to test if the MG's were empty if the 20mm's would work. The tanks were like this, secondary fire in the turret for many is a machine gun and it would stop maybe 60 short of what it was suppose to be if you had fired that many AP/HE rounds. I haven't been in a tank in a while to see if it's been changed though.

It is the .50s plus the 20mm. The total count for that position, not the individual guns themselves.

It's the same in fighters. The 190A8 with mixed 30 and 20mm shows only a total for all "primary" or "secondary" guns, not just the 20s or the 30s.

The caveat to this RE: B-29 would be that in the tail gun position the .50cals are the primary and the 20mm is the secondary (or vise versa, can't remember) and can be fired separately.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay