Author Topic: dear aces high  (Read 17073 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: dear aces high
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2011, 08:06:03 AM »
Who "cheated"?
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2011, 08:06:35 AM »
When you move it 12 sectors deep...kinda takes it out of play for others on that country....just sayin

theres usually more than one CV....just sayin. And who's job is it to say whether it out of play or not? If its going 12 sectors out then someone wants it 12 sectors out. It's their $15 a month, let them do what they please with their CVs.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2011, 08:23:57 AM »
Who "cheated"?

Whoa, brilliant argument. To "cheat" or "to be a cheat" can be acting as an impostor. Switching countries but fighting for your original country fits the bill. Any more rhetorical questions or are you actually going to pose a compelling argument?

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2011, 08:28:55 AM »
No argument needed.  Some players like to deem CV's "theirs so don't touch it". 

Sorry but you lose.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline asleep1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2011, 08:36:26 AM »
As I have stated before, make country changes stay in effect for 30 days, no exceptions. It will not solve the problem, but it will make it more inconvenient.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2011, 08:37:17 AM »
death to de spyzzz!!!

whatever...one more piece of evidence that the main arenas are romper rooms...

i suppose the point behind this discussion is someone wants hitech come in and say "ok ya'll quit stealing each others toys, and play nice."  :rolleyes:
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2011, 08:40:11 AM »
theres usually more than one CV....just sayin. And who's job is it to say whether it out of play or not? If its going 12 sectors out then someone wants it 12 sectors out. It's their $15 a month, let them do what they please with their CVs.

Hmmm. I've never commanded a CV, so I may be wrong, but I don't think the person who steers it to the end of the map have to actually stay on it during that run. So they aren't spending their $15.00 driving the CV for 12 sectors. I think he can lay the course and then go do something else. If that's True....

Then a fix might be that if the port for a CV was captured, and that CV group has no one on board, then it respawns at the captured port. This would force someone to spend their $15.00 by sitting on it, if that's how they want to spend their time, fine.  But I think this would deter this CV hiding Business by forcing the person who is doing it to be out of action for as long as the CV is.

Who is John Galt?

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2011, 08:40:39 AM »
--Twas me the other day ...
Haven't seen that word since the night before Christmas.

On the OP, people are going to pass info between sides. All sides do it. I don't. But people do.

On the tangent issue of hiding cvs, just say no. Use them for flight operations, as D.O.D. intended.
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2011, 08:43:37 AM »
No argument needed.  Some players like to deem CV's "theirs so don't touch it". 

Sorry but you lose.

Okay. No more word games with you. You've obviously given up. You go ahead and declare that I lose if that makes you feel better, might ease the sting of realizing you're a dolt.

And they call us "vtards" :rofl

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2011, 08:48:29 AM »
Hmmm. I've never commanded a CV, so I may be wrong, but I don't think the person who steers it to the end of the map have to actually stay on it during that run. So they aren't spending their $15.00 driving the CV for 12 sectors. I think he can lay the course and then go do something else. If that's True....

Then a fix might be that if the port for a CV was captured, and that CV group has no one on board, then it respawns at the captured port. This would force someone to spend their $15.00 by sitting on it, if that's how they want to spend their time, fine.  But I think this would deter this CV hiding Business by forcing the person who is doing it to be out of action for as long as the CV is.

If that country wants to hide the CV let them. Its their CV. If HiTech didnt want CVs the option of being hidden then they would make it so the CV could go only so far away from land.

Edited: Stated HiTech, meaning the Staff of HiTech Creations
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 09:03:10 AM by BowHTR »
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2011, 08:56:15 AM »
If that country wants to hide the CV let them. Its their CV. If HiTech didnt want CVs the option of being hidden then he would make it so the CV could go but so far away from land.

Maybe, but I'd let HiTech speak for HiTech.   

This ability to hide a CV seems like a side effect of the rules governing CV control. It also seems like an undesireable side effect. I propose a solution because as good as the HTC staff is, occationally somebody proposes something they didn't think of and they incorporate it. If I see a potential solution to a problem, I post it. 

But let's stay focused on the idea for a second. To all the CV hiders....If you had to sit on the CV the whole time, would you still do it?
Who is John Galt?

Offline outbreak

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2011, 08:58:05 AM »
Spy's were a real world Asset, OMG he switched sides, Spied and found the cv and had them sunk, Get over it this is just a game =]. I think HiTech needs a Tantrum forum for all of those who cant seem to keep it to them self's when something they don't like happens so I dont check the bbs only to find 20 new posts about this person did that or that person did this.

YOU choose to pay the $15 a month as much as the other guy, You know the consequences of playing this game should it be spying or ho'in It happens and oh yea did i mention the biggest shocker of all!

ITS A GAME.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2011, 08:59:04 AM »
The simple and elegant solution would be to make every port uncapturable, thus making the CV uncapturable.  As it is now, every country starts a map with the same number of ports and CV groups; let them keep 'em and maybe they'd be used as intended - to help capture/defend other bases.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2011, 08:59:57 AM »
The issue here is NOT "countries wanting the CV's".  It is a few people who are dictating "how the CV's are to be used". 

Sadly, these players might as well play Battleship if they want hide CV's and not use the free assets.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2011, 09:00:44 AM »
Outbreak, shush, coming in here with common sense, what you thinking of man?????

Right, thats settled, back to your argument gentlemen!!

Wurzel (popcorn ready, soft drink supplied, comfy chair ....and GO!!)
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.