Author Topic: 262 peer  (Read 5120 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: 262 peer
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2011, 05:56:53 AM »

And BTW MILF guys...........  (Image removed from quote.)  Having both the acronym and the word Meteor is sorta...........  stupid........  It's like say HIV virus. 

It's no different then the S.A.P.P
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2011, 06:07:53 AM »
Please do explain that sir?  S.A.P.P. is fine, but if it said S.A.P.P. Pilots that would be like M.I.L.F. Meteor. 

It's no different then the S.A.P.P
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2011, 06:33:02 AM »
And BTW MILF guys...........  (Image removed from quote.)  Having both the acronym and the word Meteor is sorta...........  stupid........  It's like say HIV virus.  

+1 for the Meteor, +1 for the future!

lol wtf!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 07:00:46 AM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2011, 06:41:24 AM »
well there is no reason to say meteor after MILF. i mean if you read it... "Meteor Interception of Luftwannabe Forces Meteor"... just saying. dont want to start a figth here.
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2011, 06:42:10 AM »
All the words Krusty wrote are true, don't knock him for that, it's all very accurate in terms of historical usage.  With that said, here in AH, and although we do have ground rules that follow a  reasonable semblance of fairness, now with the B29, it might prove a sound decision to insert a few more "cusp" birds...... Ones that although never flew at squadron strength or saw "much" action. 

Why not? 

And perhaps the real value of these things could be confined to a special "1945 arena." 

And BTW MILF guys...........  (Image removed from quote.)  Having both the acronym and the word Meteor is sorta...........  stupid........  It's like say HIV virus. 

+1 for the Meteor, +1 for the future!

Hey logan hop off of it one time.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2011, 06:57:10 AM »
well there is no reason to say meteor after MILF. i mean if you read it... "Meteor Interception of Luftwannabe Forces Meteor"... just saying. dont want to start a figth here.

I understand, I just intimidate the very popular B.O.S.S logo. Any mistake made on their part with the wording was copied.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 07:09:36 AM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2011, 07:07:11 AM »
Krusty?  Not somebody I hump on a regular basis, no.  Sorry pal.   :noid

Hey logan hop off of it one time.
See Rule #4

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2011, 07:16:57 AM »
Wasn't talking about ankle pal.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2011, 07:43:37 AM »
 :lol  :cheers:  :lol
Wasn't talking about ankle pal.
See Rule #4

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2011, 08:07:22 AM »
Just checked the BOSS logo. yes you are rigth!   :D
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2011, 12:01:19 PM »
I will elaborate a bit for Krusty.

1.  AH is a game based on WWII aircraft.  How they were employed is irrelevant.  I have deacked a town with a 262, something more than likely not in its design specs (although with the whacko at the helm it would not surprise me.)

2.  There has been some BB discussion about a "Korea Arena".  I say Bah.

3.  If there were other jet powered aircraft used in the strengths required by HTC, then why not? 

4.  A while back I made a thread titled "Apex Aircraft".  As a method of applying logic to the plane set, I argued we should have the earliest and latest airplane in each category by country.  The meteor could be argued as the apex of british fighter planes during WWII.  In that same vein, the fighting biplanes should also be considered such as the Cr-32 and 42. 

The bottom line is, and I really have no evidence other than this anecdotal comment, I think a variety adds to what makes the game interesting, because just about any airframe is competitive, properly flown.  Watch Lusche land 5 kills in a hurri1 in skies filled with P51s.  What I wonder is what is the actual tangible cost of developing an airframe, and does its introduction preserve or enhance subscriptions? 
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2011, 12:22:35 PM »
1.  AH is a game based on WWII aircraft.  How they were employed is irrelevant. 

^THIS^

If it fits the criteria (supposedly) laid out for inclusion by HTC, then it should be considered for addition. No whines about where it fought, what it shot down, what role was it used in.....

That is up for the players to decide in game....

+1 for the Hot Mamma Plane
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2011, 12:33:53 PM »
Any number of experimental configurations, designs, and prototypes saw as much if not MORE "combat" than the Meteor saw, leading the way to open the doors for any number of 'Luft '46 designs.

IMO one of the things I like about the inclusions in AH is that you could very well have experienced the war like that. Not so much a what-if as if you added the Do-335 or the Meteor Mk.III. Heck at least the He162 had air to air combat and everybody agrees it was really too late to make a difference.

I'm not totally against the Meteor as a plane. I'm against thinking it's a WW2 plane. It had a long long career after WW2 and was developed and improved many times (post-war). Overall it doesn't fit the mold for other AH planes in this game.

So, IF we had it, I wouldn't mind. If it appeared in-game magically. However, in the petition (in the mental debate, the arguments on the forums) to include it into AH I'd say "no" because it wasn't much of an impact, it wasn't much of a threat, it saw next to no service/combat.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2011, 12:42:59 PM »
Your logic would exclude the Ta152 then Krusty considering it's limited use.   Meteor was operational and firing it's guns long before the 152.  It was on the continent initially as a defense against the 262 but they never met.  They were flying ground attack in the last month of the war. 
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2011, 12:50:55 PM »
You are right for the most part, the exception being the 152s saw quite a bit of use in those last days of the war, claiming a number of enemy fighters in combat, both Eastern and Western in origin.

From my perspective, we already had the 152. We're not arguing/debating it's new addition.

I think that IF it were absent from the game and folks were debating it now, I'd be less for it than, say, a Me410 or a Ju188 (or heck, a Ju388!!) or the He162 or any number of other planes.

Since we have it, I'm fine with it. It's done with, I'll enjoy it.

If it were a fresh debate, that's another matter.