Author Topic: Acer vs Dell laptops?  (Read 901 times)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Acer vs Dell laptops?
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 11:53:14 AM »
Precisely.  :rolleyes:
*hint* "cheap made in china"...seen a mobo made in the last 13 years that wasn't made in china?

the quality of asus mobo's is no better than intel, nvidia, gigabyte, msi...depends on the revision and chipsets on board.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2011, 09:16:09 PM »
I know many that would argue the point about Acer.

I was just being polite on that.  I just think that with any major brand pc most will be of what we consider average quality and the cheapest of the cheap I wouldn't even wish upon a rook.
Personally I'm a dedicated customer of cyberpowerpc.com until they sell me a lemon.  If I had unlimited funds I'd buy from Falcon Northwest.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline outbreak

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2011, 10:36:32 PM »
Dell:

You break a fancy new laptop or desktop within your warranty and you have a customer service rep onsite the next business day fixing it for you, I know I used to fix 20+ a week as a SC. Nice thing about being a Sub-Contractor you can negotiate your wages higher if you have more workload  :rock

The other guys:

no clue =]

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2011, 10:40:46 PM »
After my laptop decided to finally die after 4 years, I went with Sony.

Im impressed with the hardware in the sony laptop and how quiet it runs.  They do offer a pretty sizable student discount if your a student which is why I went Sony as well as the 4 year full coverage warranty you can purchase.
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Secret Association of P38 Pilots