Author Topic: Just when I thought arena caps couldn't get any more idiotic...  (Read 2962 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Just when I thought arena caps couldn't get any more idiotic...
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2011, 03:58:41 PM »
Titanic Tuesday is when 200 turns into a cesspool...more people on that the more political discussions come on and the longer they stay on there....same with country
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2011, 04:17:41 PM »
Titanic Tuesday is when 200 turns into a cesspool...more people on that the more political discussions come on and the longer they stay on there....same with country

The option to permanently squelch players on 200 would go a long way to solve this. It's perhaps 1% or less that are doing it.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2011, 04:19:38 PM »
You'd still be forced to login/logoff untill you get in orange if that's where your mates are.

I understand this point to a degree, but do you REALLY need to be with them ALL the time? jeeezus you guys sound a little too clingy.  :uhoh

It almost sounds like "I can't stand to be away from you guys. My love is so deep for you all, if I can't be with you in orange, I'll just quit!"

I think they can probably do without ya for an hour or two, and vice versa. Or maybe it really is an unhealthy relationship?  :D
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2011, 04:22:57 PM »
The fact of the matter is that there is not supposed to be any talk of politics, anywhere in the game.
Strokes

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2011, 04:29:34 PM »
I understand this point to a degree, but do you REALLY need to be with them ALL the time? jeeezus you guys sound a little too clingy.  :uhoh

It almost sounds like "I can't stand to be away from you guys. My love is so deep for you all, if I can't be with you in orange, I'll just quit!"

I think they can probably do without ya for an hour or two, and vice versa. Or maybe it really is an unhealthy relationship?  :D

I joined a squad to play with them. I play 20-30 hours a month average. So when I'm online I want to join them or else I have really no reason to be in a squad in general. I don't know if you play 100 hours a month or something - I play maybe 2 days a week and then a couple hours at a time typically.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2011, 04:42:02 PM »
I joined a squad to play with them. I play 20-30 hours a month average. So when I'm online I want to join them or else I have really no reason to be in a squad in general. I don't know if you play 100 hours a month or something - I play maybe 2 days a week and then a couple hours at a time typically.

Fair enough. I get sick of my squaddies from time to time, like any other group of people.  We are still a squad, just don't have to spend every minute in game "doing something together".
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2011, 06:46:15 PM »
I think they should possibly add this...

Since you already come into the country you were playing as last, if that map has a crazy amount of that country it doesn't let you in.....But if your on the small number side...you can until it evens out again.

Like Bish have a horde in Orange right now....no bishop players should be allowed to join the map.

Make it a percentage above everything else...like 10-15%
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Bellator

• Copper Member
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2011, 09:01:15 PM »
Please explain difference in Horde and Mission.

<S> BELLATOR

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2011, 09:05:58 PM »
Caps are a model example of a solution that's worse than the problem itself. The horde still rolls on both arenas with the difference that squadmates can't play with their friends anymore and suffer even more from the horde due to having no wingman.

Caps are a device to balance (spread) the total population in the the arenas ... Caps had nothing to do with the choices players make when then enter an arena. Sooooo, CAPS are not in place to eliminate the horde. Nothing has ever been done to try and balance the country population within the arenas, with the exception of changing the amount of time that players can switch countries ... and that is a choice and not a requirement.

Again, CAPS is not a horde balancer ... it is a population balancer.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2011, 09:20:17 PM »
 A horde is a more than enough by many times over group seeking saftey in numbers because they suck. A mission is a much smaller version and fine as long as they dont pull the run for your lives when ANY body shows up to give the slightest resistance. I can think of one person who runs missions that normaly give up every time if Steven Hawkings was there in the tower due to fear of failure.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2011, 09:51:21 PM »

<S> BELLATOR
When Potw knows we have a horde on but want to fly together.....we tell people where we are going and what are intentions are to stur up a fight that will not be lopsided one way or the other.

When I see a base already almost capped then a 10 formation buff raid level it....thats a horde....I see it alot from a certain squad
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2011, 10:13:43 PM »

<S> BELLATOR

A mission is 10-15 using timing, tactics, and skill to accomplish an objective, that with equal skill can be defended against there-by creating a "combat" situation.

A horde is 20-40 people jumping into a late war monsters with no plan other than "flatten EVERYTHING". Hitting a base and destroying everything so that even after they capture it, it is un-usable. A horde CAN NOT be defended against creating large areas of the map that have NO combat in them.

Offline Bellator

• Copper Member
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2011, 10:17:24 PM »
DrDea, I agree with that.
But you must agree also that not everybody going to be a #1 Super Stick.
In fact some will always suck. Like me. :D
So yes, I believe they will go for safety in numbers until they feel confident with going it alone. Some spend the first week figuring out not to try and up from a vulched airfield.
After that and with some experience, I feel they’ll move on.
Unfortunately if you’re the default country for the game that all noobs get sent to, you will have a constant supply of replacements. So all I can think of is shoot’em till they learn. And I’m willing to bet that YOU can spot the noob in the mission real quick.

:salute BELLATOR

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2011, 10:48:19 PM »

<S> BELLATOR

they can be one and the same, but in my mind:

horde = excessive number of people and/or firepower that will _guarantee_ a base capture, given the typical defense.    
mission = might not even be aimed at a base capture, or if it is, has a _chance of failure_, given the typical defense.

I consider 20 stukas on a basetake much different than 10 sets of lancs and 10 110g's for a basetake.  but that's me.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Bellator

• Copper Member
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2011, 11:17:06 PM »
So now what’s the protocol when you launch a 10 member mission and look behind you and see 15 friendlys that didn’t join tagging along?
You didn’t intend a horde but your stuck with it.

And now JunkyII, do you really believe one squad is responsible for all the hordes.
I hope not because I think you’re smarter than that. And I’m not trying to be a smart arse either.

Let’s pick up on the mission I started with above. I now have a horde of 25 planes.
Four members in this group are from the Devil’s Brigade.
The instant one of these four go down or his name shows up in the text buffer.
This mission automatically is declared a v-tard Horde.
You’ve locked yourself into thinking it’s all a v-tard thing. It ain’t.
It’s more of a whole Bish country fighting as one thing.
The v-tards just get all the blame and publicity provide by you and others.
You’re letting your SA down.

Personally I was not thrilled to change to the Bish side myself.
I considered them a bunch of useless noobs too.
But after being here awhile I’ve had a chance to study them some.
And I tell you this.
What they may lack in skill, they bloody well make up with enthusiasm!

:salute BELLATOR