Author Topic: Just when I thought arena caps couldn't get any more idiotic...  (Read 2961 times)

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
Re: Just when I thought arena caps couldn't get any more idiotic...
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2011, 12:40:03 AM »
DrDea, I agree with that.
But you must agree also that not everybody going to be a #1 Super Stick.
In fact some will always suck. Like me. :D
So yes, I believe they will go for safety in numbers until they feel confident with going it alone. Some spend the first week figuring out not to try and up from a vulched airfield.
After that and with some experience, I feel they’ll move on.
Unfortunately if you’re the default country for the game that all noobs get sent to, you will have a constant supply of replacements. So all I can think of is shoot’em till they learn. And I’m willing to bet that YOU can spot the noob in the mission real quick.

:salute BELLATOR

I dont even claim to be a good pilot. Im far from it. My SA blows goats. I try to turn fight in everything I fly. Its a sickness I tell ya. Just have no patience. Some that you talk about will always be hung up on score too and always fly with a horde just to try to keep it real high cause we all know they are trying to make up for a lack of something else...... We all know what that is too dont we  :banana:   Sure some look to a big group till they learn the ropes,but I see the same people after years of playing doing the same thing. Thats a horde,and the horde mentality.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2011, 05:27:01 AM »
imagine the lightbulb that goes off in peoples heads when they realize what i already know.

the lower population arena has better fights and less horde mentality.

can you fathom why my little horde lemmings?

a short pause for shock and awe to ensue to the uninformed horde lemming masses...

"wow thx Fester! I never knew!"

don't mention it

Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2011, 06:23:21 AM »
imagine the lightbulb that goes off in peoples heads when they realize what i already know.

the lower population arena has better fights and less horde mentality.

can you fathom why my little horde lemmings?

a short pause for shock and awe to ensue to the uninformed horde lemming masses...

"wow thx Fester! I never knew!"

don't mention it

Tell me that you don't enjoy thinning the horde from time to time though, especially when you want a quick hop when you are short on time?

Find the biggest dar, come in with a K4, roll film, commence putting a virtual foot in virtual asses, and start collecting the whines  :aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2011, 06:42:18 AM »
So now what’s the protocol when you launch a 10 member mission and look behind you and see 15 friendlys that didn’t join tagging along?
You didn’t intend a horde but your stuck with it.

And now JunkyII, do you really believe one squad is responsible for all the hordes.
I hope not because I think you’re smarter than that. And I’m not trying to be a smart arse either.

Let’s pick up on the mission I started with above. I now have a horde of 25 planes.
Four members in this group are from the Devil’s Brigade.
The instant one of these four go down or his name shows up in the text buffer.
This mission automatically is declared a v-tard Horde.
You’ve locked yourself into thinking it’s all a v-tard thing. It ain’t.
It’s more of a whole Bish country fighting as one thing.
The v-tards just get all the blame and publicity provide by you and others.
You’re letting your SA down.

Personally I was not thrilled to change to the Bish side myself.
I considered them a bunch of useless noobs too.
But after being here awhile I’ve had a chance to study them some.
And I tell you this.
What they may lack in skill, they bloody well make up with enthusiasm!

:salute BELLATOR
Those 4 Devils Brigade members can easily run a mission just with what they have there, bases have been taken by 1 person before.

I feel like people like seeing their missions get numbers in it going above 20...I think there should be a max of 15 in those. 15 aircraft make a huge difference in a fight even if they are the worst players in the game
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2011, 10:51:33 AM »
I feel like people like seeing their missions get numbers in it going above 20...I think there should be a max of 15 in those. 15 aircraft make a huge difference in a fight even if they are the worst players in the game

Not really. I remember one time we were doing a squad get together with about 5 of us and as we took off from the base there was an NOE just starting to hit the dar bar.We had no idea they were coming in at all. We destroyed many many 110's and la7's.The wines were awesome to be sure tho as we were called spys and so on and so on and so on. It was good stuff.

The horde doesnt provide safety. :devil
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2011, 10:56:26 AM »
Not really. I remember one time we were doing a squad get together with about 5 of us and as we took off from the base there was an NOE just starting to hit the dar bar.We had no idea they were coming in at all. We destroyed many many 110's and la7's.The wines were awesome to be sure tho as we were called spys and so on and so on and so on. It was good stuff.

The horde doesnt provide safety. :devil

They do supply an endless stream of targets, though  :aok

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2011, 11:05:26 AM »
Personally, I think the current caps setup works pretty well most of the time.  I also believe that the recent rash of complaining about the caps is blown waaaaaaaay out of proportion.

Just my opinion.

If the new cap system hasn't affected your game play then of course you’re going to think that its blown way out of proportion.  Now say every time you log in the arena shuts down, or you can only play when your choices are to furball at one airfield or furball at another, it gets pretty dang boring.
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2011, 11:23:43 AM »
If the new cap system hasn't affected your game play then of course you’re going to think that its blown way out of proportion.  Now say every time you log in the arena shuts down, or you can only play when your choices are to furball at one airfield or furball at another, it gets pretty dang boring.

So this...      http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,309083.0.html

has affected you in what way?

It certainly didn't deter you from spending ~16 hours playing last tour, either.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2011, 11:38:56 AM »
Same for this guy...

HTC proves me wrong. Orange is stuck at 100/100 and has been for at least 20 minutes. Blue is at 117/150. Of course, everyone I want to fly with is in Orange.

What possible purpose does this serve? Can anyone really imagine that this improves the game for anyone?

Trust me, Hitech, I stay *despite* the caps. And that goes for every single player I've taked to about it in the arena.

That is an average of 72 hours/month over the last 3 months.  I can see why he has any reason to complain  :rolleyes:

744 hours/month * 3 months = 2232 hours

If one could play 24/7, one would be paying ~ $0.02/hour to play

Since the average in this case is 72 hours/month , he is paying ~ $0.21/hour for his entertainment.

Not bad considering cable TV is about $30/month for basic service, PPV movies ~$5.00, or a trip to a movie theater ~ $15-20 (sans food, mind you)

There is a word or two that can be used  to describe these types of customers.

Whiners or Ingrates.

Take your pick...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 12:42:41 PM by VonMessa »

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2011, 11:55:29 AM »
Whiners or Ingrates.

Take your pick...

You exclude a possibility. There is no reason to think the a whiner cannot ALSO be an ingrate - so it could be a whining ingrate, doubtless with a surplus of available time. That time is also doubtlessly spent on any of the following activities, possibly in combination:

1. whining
2. playing AH
3. passed out on a urine-soaked mattress drooling
4. thumbwrestling with cyclops
5. being ungrateful

And I make no stipulations as to which since I have no desire to be disrespectful to the OP or anyone  else or to, for any other reason, take a Skuzzy-stick to the brainbox or a Skuzzbrick in the chops, if you follow.

Nothing to see here...
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2011, 12:02:43 PM »
so?

what is your solution? how would your solution affect gameplay?

I would suggest incrementing the cap increase by 10 or 20 each time instead of 50.  That way the arenas open and close more frequently giving those the ability to join a specific color more frequently and keeping a better balance in the both arenas.

~Hells Angels~
Solar10

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2011, 12:08:48 PM »

I quit playing and cancelled my subscription because of 16 hours of thinking its not worth my $15.00 any more.  I am saying that the new structure of the caps and maps didn't work for me.  That doesn't mean that it didn't improve others gameplay.  I just don't see to many posts about how great the change was.  However I am seeing alot of these types of complaints.  I think we need a pie chart on complaints for caps and the people that love it.  Lets take a vote.

Mine is for two different maps and two different arenas with 250/250.
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2011, 12:11:38 PM »
Whiners or Ingrates.

Take your pick...

You exclude a possibility. There is no reason to think the a whiner cannot ALSO be an ingrate - so it could be a whining ingrate, doubtless with a surplus of available time. That time is also doubtlessly spent on any of the following activities, possibly in combination:

1. whining
2. playing AH
5. being ungrateful

And I make no stipulations as to which since I have no desire to be disrespectful to the OP or anyone  else or to, for any other reason, take a Skuzzy-stick to the brainbox or a Skuzzbrick in the chops, if you follow.

Nothing to see here...
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2011, 12:13:35 PM »
Here is my idea of the day: call both LW arenas GREEN.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2011, 12:15:32 PM »
Whiners or Ingrates.

Take your pick...

1. whining
2. playing AH
5. being ungrateful

Nothing to see here...