Author Topic: What we REALLY need in Aces High...  (Read 3630 times)

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
What we REALLY need in Aces High...
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2001, 05:26:00 AM »
Hear Hear Brother Nash!!!  Canada also manufactured Hurris and Lancs.  This is getting insulting.  Don't make us bomb the Baldwins!   :D

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2001, 06:51:00 AM »
We'll take the Toronto built Mosquito that you very much!!..Btw,Geddy Lee's mother was a Concentration camp survivor..He can be my wingie anyday..  :cool:
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2001, 01:13:00 PM »
The more countries you represent with aircraft markings, the more players your sim attracts +)

SKurj

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2001, 01:19:00 PM »
Gentlemen, gentlemen, gentlemen!

(..and you Canadians too)

Lots of talk, but where's the UNDERSTANDING?

Certainly by now you should know the way things work?

I'd suggest starting with a refrigerated truckload full of a selection of the finest Canadian beers (in bottles). One of you should be able to drive it down to Grapevine in just a few days.

Of course, you'll want to include a folder of interior/exterior photos of the aircraft you desire in the paint schemes that are most fitting.

Just a suggestion.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2001, 05:21:00 PM »
Ahh... Toad! <S> Unlike your last reply I think you got this one into the the thread you intended it to go. Well done sir.

And you are correct! We've obviously overlooked the bribe scheme. Well how about this...

If we get Canadian paint, I will immediately send out a check* to HTC knocking one dollar off the purchase of:

a) A Royal Canadian <cough> Mounted Beaver t-shirt. Excellent quality with a 50/50 cotton poly blend. Holds up well under multiple washings:

OR for her...

A fine sweatshirt from the Wet Beaver(tm) line of sportswear:

AND... I will throw in TWO autographed Jason Priestly posters because that's how nice a guy I am:

OK???

Now this is the carrot... do not MAKE me bring out the stick.

WE... ARE NOT... MESSING... AROUND.

*All funds in Canadian currency. Please send a self addressed stamped envelope.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2001, 05:31:00 PM »
If you would kindly just provide your snail mail addy I will get on the way an aid package that will make your long fruitless wait for a Canadian Brewster Buffalo seem shorter.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline jedi

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2001, 05:52:00 PM »
Um...didn't the Canuckian markings look...er...just like the British ones?  In WW2 at least?

Maybe you already HAVE a Canuckian plane and just don't realize it...

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2001, 06:50:00 PM »
Nice DIVERSIONARY tactic jedi! I already DID research on a bunch of stuff (see above) and now you want to stonewall us by saying WE MAY ALREADY HAVE CANADIAN PAINT? Are you sure you're not one of those LW guys? So now I gotta go tracking down the serial numbers and markings of the planes we have? I am only one man.

I can see this is getting serious...

Go to the planes section of this website. Check out the P51 or P38... even the Fw 190A-8. They all have nice write-ups about who flew them, what squadron they were in... under a section called "Markings"!. Funny... Nothing there for any of the RAF birds and certainly no indication of ANY RCAF presence.

Coincidence? I think maybe!

Frankly, in the face of such a groundswell and popular hoser support for this movement - HTC's silence on the matter is telling enough... I don't think any more of this so called "research" stuff is required thank you very much.

'nuff said!

Rise up and shout it with me hosers!:

EH into AH!