Author Topic: Diary of a Noob  (Read 4825 times)

Offline Hoff

• Copper Member
Re: Diary of a Noob
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2011, 12:12:26 AM »
Day 18:

Another good day. It seems that the practice with SFOX and DREAM really really really really helped. I feel sooooo much better doing rolling scissors (first film). Second film is me being defensive and getting a little lucky and I get 6 kills in about 2-3 minutes. The last two are just fun stuff I did today. One is a B25 75mm deflection shot, the other is a WGR21 kill while I'm taking off.

Film:
One - Two
Funny: One - Two

Offline Hoff

• Copper Member
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2011, 06:27:50 PM »
Day 19:

I didn't do much flying yesterday because Portal 2 came out. I'm going to switch to only updating when I feel like I need help or have reached a milestone. I feel confident in my flying after practicing with SFOX and DREAM, so I'll be posting less.

Film: None

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2011, 06:05:35 PM »
lol portal 2.i think anyone would rather fly planes then run around through holes.but thats just me.and dont forget my offer,1v1 any time.
"no sir,it's kind of like playing Lone Ranger,but no one has to be Tonto.its a game everyone wins"
-Cpl Fish
"I refuse to be a role model
I set goals, take control, drink out my own bottles"
-Tupac

Offline pigface

• Nickel Member
      • Home Systems Integration
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2011, 04:11:25 AM »
"I wont be good in a few days, but it's certainly not going to take a year. Anyone else have any comments/suggestions? "

Well you're certainly going to have the inflated ego thing mastered pretty quickly.   :aok  Have you worked on your Channel 200 Warrior skills yet?   ;)

Funny I was thinking the same thing. One pattern here I see is comments from others on the Check 6 and ego-related. When I check 6 or get checked, I always try to thank, and it improves SA.. not because youre being nice, its because you tend to develop SA for not just you but everyone, and you can see someone aiming for a countryman. In this case it hones your SA to a sharp edge... which gives you the advantage you may need. Plus it pays to practice mannors.

Secondly to learn a plane, its capabilities, and the combinations of sticks and personalities make this an ever changing game of learning to take an A** woopin... for me anyway. I been goofing off with this since about 04, and still make dumb mistakes... maybe ill start posting my flights... thatll make some laugh... or cry!

To think that after being frusterated on your Day 6 post, whatever... you have not began to scratch the surface of frustration, dissapointment, and sometimes a week or two with no landing of kills. I have (many others too) been beaten down so bad, I swore HiTech was guna call me and give me a free month coupon. Flyign alone is fine, I do it al the time, but always support my fellow countrymen in fights... it improves your skill, SA, and reputation.

People who like this sort of thing, find this the sort of thig they like.

Offline mausil

• Zinc Member
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2011, 04:10:31 PM »
Everyone is so friking Exited with this Portal 2 game  :rolleyes:
MAUSIL

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2011, 05:36:17 PM »
Ya, my son finished it with all the extras in 40 hours.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2011, 11:31:03 AM »
Now that you have pretty much ended your diary, I wanted to thank you for posting.  I've been around for a little over a year, but I only fly a few hours on weekends.  So I was able to learn some things from watching your progress.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2011, 05:33:52 PM »
Just remember this game is a lot like golf.  There's going to be days when you bogey every hole.  It just happens.

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"