Author Topic: black belt patriotism  (Read 2168 times)

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
Re: black belt patriotism
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2011, 02:23:16 PM »
You people make me sick, and this time there's nothing wrong except you people.

"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2011, 02:25:52 PM »
I guess inherently we all want to make little robots of ourselves, because we are perfect.  <sarcasm>

All I can do is point to my sig.   :noid :aok  :bolt:
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2011, 02:43:26 PM »

Yours may be a shining gem, and an exception to the norm, but that just isn't the case, as a whole.  

Furthermore, all of the homeschoolers I have been around are socially awkward, some to the point of overt aggression.  They are also generally religious ideologues, which I gather, is the point, from the parental side, on many occasions.  Looking through one of their "biology" textbooks was a sad hilarity.   One 15 year old kid I was working with was using his Dad's textbook in Chemistry...published in 1979.

have there been huge advances in high school level chemistry since 1979?  hell, all my high school text books were from the late 80s/early 90s. the teachers just told us what was outdated and gave us supplementary notes on it.

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2011, 03:54:04 PM »
have there been huge advances in high school level chemistry since 1979?  hell, all my high school text books were from the late 80s/early 90s. the teachers just told us what was outdated and gave us supplementary notes on it.

Exactly the point.  These homeschooled children don't get that.

-Penguin

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2011, 04:00:35 PM »
I DON'T CARE IF YOU THINK HE COULD TAKE CHUCK NORRIS!!!! THIS IS NOT ABOUT FIGHTING IN MOVIES THIS IS ABOUT AMERICA REFINDING ITS ROOTS  :mad: :mad: :mad:

And Chuck Norris is going to point the way and lead us all to The Promised Land?  He couldn't even beat Bruce Lee's ass.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2011, 04:19:42 PM »
And Chuck Norris is going to point the way and lead us all to The Promised Land?  He couldn't even beat Bruce Lee's ass.

ack-ack
Him and Bruce Lee were good friends, Bruce Lee asked Chuck to be in his movie and he knew that he would be beat. You need to look stuff up before posting thank you very much
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2011, 04:19:56 PM »
Annoying what little kids are allowed to roam this forum.  :bhead
irony is all in this right here
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2011, 05:27:07 PM »
The issue with our country, I feel, is the manufacturing industry. More and more I hear about computers doing this for us, and do that for us, why? Technology cant log the trees for the lumber for our houses and instruments. Technology cant mine the ore to make the steel to make our cars and other steel objects. Technology cant "Make" our cars. My dad when he was in college had a professor, and the professor said to the class "When Logging is down the economy is down". MY brother, so i ronically is a logger. And anyone else who knows a logger, or has watched Axe Men, American Loggers or Swamp Loggers can relate a little. As already mentioned Logging creates the lumber for our houses, furniture and instruments. also, Logging gives jobs to the truckers who transports the logs. It gives jobs to the mechanics who repair the trucks, and to the manufactuerers employees. Technology can not give us this job setting. without our back bone of manufacturing we are nothing as an economy. I find it hard to believe we are still the wealthiest nation in the world (-_-)

sorry about my rant. But if the book touches on any of this I would be interested in reading it.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2011, 05:33:59 PM »
The issue with our country, I feel, is the manufacturing industry. More and more I hear about computers doing this for us, and do that for us, why? Technology cant log the trees for the lumber for our houses and instruments. Technology cant mine the ore to make the steel to make our cars and other steel objects. Technology cant "Make" our cars. My dad when he was in college had a professor, and the professor said to the class "When Logging is down the economy is down". MY brother, so i ronically is a logger. And anyone else who knows a logger, or has watched Axe Men, American Loggers or Swamp Loggers can relate a little. As already mentioned Logging creates the lumber for our houses, furniture and instruments. also, Logging gives jobs to the truckers who transports the logs. It gives jobs to the mechanics who repair the trucks, and to the manufactuerers employees. Technology can not give us this job setting. without our back bone of manufacturing we are nothing as an economy. I find it hard to believe we are still the wealthiest nation in the world (-_-)

sorry about my rant. But if the book touches on any of this I would be interested in reading it.

I don't quite understand your point.

Are you saying that we should start making things by hand again?  That would brutally cripple our industry.  Technology actually does mine the ore, log the trees, and make the cars.  It just needs people to handle it safely and efficiently.

-Penguin

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2011, 05:34:28 PM »
See Rule #14
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 11:46:34 AM by Skuzzy »
See Rule #4

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2011, 05:38:34 PM »
You mean like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_l8KK3gGxQ

I agree child indoctrination is sad.  :rolleyes:

That video sickens me.  You can teach kids equality without brainwashing them.  However, this is getting into territory which has given me at least two vacations.

-Penguin

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2011, 05:39:29 PM »
That video sickens me.  You can teach kids equality without brainwashing them.  However, this is getting into territory which has given me at least two vacations.

-Penguin

CLUCK cluck cluck cluck cluck........
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2011, 05:44:54 PM »

CLUCK cluck cluck cluck cluck........
:lol :D
See Rule #4

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2011, 05:46:47 PM »
I don't quite understand your point.

Are you saying that we should start making things by hand again?  That would brutally cripple our industry.  Technology actually does mine the ore, log the trees, and make the cars.  It just needs people to handle it safely and efficiently.

-Penguin
I am saying computers are not the way. I understand we need the technology for a chainsaw to cut the trees, and for the skidder or yarder to get the logs to the landing, and then even more technology to load the logs onto a truck..and so on. But do we really need a calculator that tells us how high and deep to have each step cut on a stringer for the stairs going to our basement or second floor? do we need a fancy GPS system in our tracotrs so a Farmer can get from one field to another? Call me a hypocrit as i have a DROID, but do we need phones that can run do everything we need to do while on the go? We are the slaves to the government and whitecollar big business America. It's sad. The government isnt "for the people, by the people, of the people"..its for the big business, b y the big business, of the big bussiness. We could very easily not be 14 TRILLION dollars in debt.but the government lets companies like GMC go bankrupt because BIG BUSINESS, like Exxon Mobile and BP, make enough profit to pay our national debt. who pays all the taxes for the nation? the working middle class, not the people with the money. Gotta love the government AIDING the ones who dont need the aid, and (exscuse me for saying this Skuzzy)raping the people who need the help. it sickens me to know our government could be so blinded by money and technology.

another rant...I'm sorry.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 05:54:31 PM by MaSonZ »
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2011, 05:46:56 PM »
Him and Bruce Lee were good friends, Bruce Lee asked Chuck to be in his movie and he knew that he would be beat. You need to look stuff up before posting thank you very much

You need to watch "Way of the Dragon" before posting thank you very much.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song