Author Topic: AH HISTORY CHANNEL - Part One  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
Re: AH HISTORY CHANNEL - Part One
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2011, 12:30:45 AM »
We narcissists are a proud people.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2011, 01:14:25 AM »
Your late lulu it's already been written.
The devine document can be found in the link below.

http://www.virtualpilots.fi/feature/articles/bookofdweeb/

:noid

http://www.virtualpilots.fi/feature/articles/bookofdweeb/#prophecy_krod

Nick
tripled-headed beast of Junkers
Oscar
Beaufighter
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2011, 01:48:23 AM »
i always thought rooks were drunks, and knights were machines saying 011001001001110101 and then when someone says 2 they break in confusion. lol
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 02:13:35 AM by fullmetalbullet »
"Cry Havoc, And Let Slip The Dogs Of War" Julius Caesar

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2011, 03:29:11 AM »
Lulu, While I find your account humerous the history of AW/AH and flight sims in general can't be overwritten.

From memory, and other oldtimers will correct the parts I get wrong, the history of AW/AH goes more like this:

Once upon a time in a sim far far away there lived three countrys seprated by water.  They were know as the AZ, BZ and CZ and they lived happily in their own little lands. 

Then, one day, an AZ snuck across the bridge below the mountainous pyramids into CZ land and stole a sheep.  Amazed at the human-like qualities of the CZ sheep, more AZ snuck over in the dead of night until CZ land was nearly depleted of its sheep.

The CZ, not knowing it was the AZ rustling their sheep, and getting grouchy over their lack of intamacy, immediately blamed the BZ who were, after all, known as "furballers" but the jig was soon over when it was discovered that the AZ were hiding a large heard of sheep deep in AZ land near the Spit factory.  Both the CZ, wanting the return of their sheep, and the BZ, upset over being the ones blamed for the rustling, attacked the AZ, and thus began a war and the habit of two countries ganging up on one.

Then, the evil empire, EA Sports, took over the world of AZ, BZ and CZ.   Soon realizing their mistake with the growing hostilities between the countries and the incessent server loads caused by the "<Insert player name here> has just pawned you" macros initiated by each player after each and every kill, they n00ked the lands of the AZ, BZ and CZ.

Lost on the interweb, the forlorn AZ, BZ and CZ searched for a new home with their 56K modems.  Even though they were hostile to one another, the word quickly spread from country to country that there was a new land called AH where clouds actually filled the sky. 

One by one, then in ever growing numbers, the AZ, BZ and CZ moved into AH Land and settled, but the hostilities over the sheep rustling were never forgotten.  Because of this, the AZ settled mostly as Bish, the BZ settled mostly as Rooks, and the CZ settled primarily as Knits, although a few took the opportunity to switch alliances.

Once settled in, they couldn't help but continue thier fight and that's how the war started.

So as you can see, the Bish (formerly AZ) are still good at sneaking around capturing things, the Rooks (formerly BZ) are still "furballers" and the Knights (formerly CZ) are still confused.
:aok
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2011, 04:44:41 AM »
lol nice thread Lulu
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2011, 05:28:14 AM »
I'm starting to like this guy... 

You can not like lulu.....on country channel he will type out of the blue "Con in the area, check your 6" makes me laugh every time  :rofl
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2011, 09:12:46 PM »
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline mausil

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2011, 10:08:50 AM »
I loled at the rook part in lulu post and love the work puted in the book of dweeb

im writing with one hand as I didnt yet finished my bowl of pop corn, keep it coming lulu :cool:
MAUSIL

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2011, 10:47:59 AM »

One by one, then in ever growing numbers, the AZ, BZ and CZ moved into AH Land and settled, but the hostilities over the sheep rustling were never forgotten.  Because of this, the AZ settled mostly as Bish, the BZ settled mostly as Rooks, and the CZ settled primarily as Knits, although a few took the opportunity to switch alliances.

Once settled in, they couldn't help but continue thier fight and that's how the war started.

So as you can see, the Bish (formerly AZ) are still good at sneaking around capturing things, the Rooks (formerly BZ) are still "furballers" and the Knights (formerly CZ) are still confused.

Bald Eagle has it quite right but the real Question is Where are the sheep now? This New land has been purged of those Fluffy bed warmers.  :noid
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2011, 12:46:21 PM »
Ahhh... methought The Book had been forgot.  Pleased would Jedi be, this banter here to see.

While 'tis true that all that is earthly is vain, yet do I so earthly remain that I needs must shew my writ entire.

Thus quoth Brother Tupac, "We narcissists are a proud people."

Psalm of Bino
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 12:55:30 PM by Bino »

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs