Author Topic: update: please test before release  (Read 1873 times)

Offline 2Dizzy

• Zinc Member
update: please test before release
« on: April 25, 2011, 06:04:03 PM »
Okay, a new update. Logged on 22.00 euro time. Found out stick mapping was gone. Remapped; lost remapping 4 times. Remapped again. Got it right. Views gone, views flashing all over the place. The trustfull F12 dont work anymore. After 3 hours I gave up. I cant fly like this. Not to mention the GV-thing. Totally UN-understandable.
Please please please, fix it

Still dizzy

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
Re: update: please test before release
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 06:18:18 PM »
this    plus give us back the skins...
AoM
City of ice

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 06:21:09 PM »
aside from the minor controller mapping bug...what don't you understand about the new tank controls?

there was a very nice video and subsequent long discussion about it not too long ago...keyboard control now...mouse to look around/move turret
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 06:21:19 PM »
I have to remap everytime i switch from gv to flight. Tired of remapping tonight. :headscratch:
CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 06:32:18 PM »
I installed the update and Hi-res pack.  No problems other than the "run as administrator" fix.   Stick mapping and views are fine.  Did you not save your settings file before updating?

The new GV modeling is awesome IMO.  The higher perked tanks will finally be worth the cost!

AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 06:41:30 PM »
I installed the update and Hi-res pack.  No problems other than the "run as administrator" fix.   Stick mapping and views are fine.  Did you not save your settings file before updating?

The new GV modeling is awesome IMO.  The higher perked tanks will finally be worth the cost!
No problems?
a6m3 is a fail, there is a bug with the mouse-control, no skins, various graphics bugs
AoM
City of ice

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 06:53:51 PM »
Did you not save your settings file before updating?

That doesn't help when the settings are getting erased constantly ;)

No problems other than the "run as administrator" fix. 

- no aileron control in the A6M below 180 mph (minor bug, will get fixed very quickly)
- all analog axis settings are getting erased again and again
- can't shut off mouse control in tanks, the new mouse control feature isn't really fully developed yet (to put it mildly ;) )
- can't use mouse on pop up screens without having to bring up clipboard
- new gunsights in tanks as well as the ability to pivot are big step forward, but the rest of the new GV system (mouse view control from commander position, getting rid of driver position / interior graphics) is just crap.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 07:00:37 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 06:58:42 PM »
aside from the minor controller mapping bug...what don't you understand about the new tank controls?

there was a very nice video and subsequent long discussion about it not too long ago...keyboard control now...mouse to look around/move turret

the crying in game about the gv's is priceless.. I came here specifially to read more. :)

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Knite

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 07:29:42 PM »
- can't shut off mouse control in tanks, the new mouse control feature isn't really fully developed yet (to put it mildly ;) )
- new gunsights in tanks as well as the ability to pivot are big step forward, but the rest of the new GV system (mouse view control from commander position, getting rid of driver position / interior graphics) is just crap.

Heya Lusche, can you go into more detail why you think it's crap?

I just GV'ed for the last 30 minutes and it's the most fun I've EVER had in a GV. The new mouse control feature, after mapping the controls, was accurate/smooth and intuitive (in my opinion). The different tanks having different zoom levels, and using the mouse wheel to "range find" in the Panzer was also very entertaining. The part I enjoyed the most was the fact that I was able to be MOBILE while in the midst of a battle, changing speeds, angles, directions, using commander view to find an enemy, hitting F2 to get into "gunner's mode", scroll wheel to range find, and fire. All at the same time. It was a huge improvement in fun (again, my opinion) to what my normal GV experience was, which tended to be drive to spawn (offensive or defensive), find hiding spot, set gun view to max zoom... look for enemy and fire. Not looking down on your opinion, just genuinely curious as to what about the old system you found preferrential and why. =)

Knite

39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"

I'm basically here to lower the 39th's score :P

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 07:38:00 PM »
Heya Lusche, can you go into more detail why you think it's crap?

In part I did that already in that line. Removal of the driver position, and interior graphics. Basically going more towards the "gamey" way. I DO like the new sights, but now it feels more like driving a modern main battle tank with "commander override" to me. Reminds me very much of games like WoT. And it's extremely annoying I can't shut off the mouse control.
Another minor thing: The automatic transmission has some trouble on slopes, constantly switching up and down between gears, accelerating, then unnecessarily gearing up, coming almost to a halt and so on ;)

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Knite

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011, 07:43:42 PM »
In part I did that already in that line. Removal of the driver position, and interior graphics. Basically going more towards the "gamey" way.
Just goes to show how well I understand things. I never thought you were referring to that as a problem, just a change. I never paid attention to the interior. Dumb on me =)

I DO like the new sights, but now it feels more like driving a modern main battle tank with "commander override" to me. Reminds me very much of games like WoT.
I can understand that. I do think the control change may have been partially... let's just say... inspired by WoT =)

And it's extremely annoying I can't shut off the mouse control.
It'd be nice to be able to change it in the future, i.e. allow to remap what is currently WASD and the mouse to other things... like for instance, WS = Throttle up/down, AD = Rudder, Joystick = mouse... or something similar? Almost everything else in game is pretty configurable.

Another minor thing: The automatic transmission has some trouble on slopes, constantly switching up and down between gears, accelerating, then unnecessarily gearing up, coming almost to a halt and so on ;)
Reminds me of an old car I once had ;-)

Thanks for answerin!  :aok
Knite

39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"

I'm basically here to lower the 39th's score :P

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 07:54:07 PM »
My joystick is screwed to the table screw using the keyboard!

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 08:00:38 PM »
It'd be nice to be able to change it in the future, i.e. allow to remap what is currently WASD and the mouse to other things... like for instance, WS = Throttle up/down, AD = Rudder, Joystick = mouse... or something similar? Almost everything else in game is pretty configurable.
This seems like the most obvious solution, I would've thought it'd be like that from the start.

Offline mausil

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2011, 08:44:10 PM »
GV control is Fantastic
MAUSIL

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2011, 08:51:06 PM »
Yea gv controls are fine for me, just those bugs...  lotsa-lotsa bugs...
AoM
City of ice