Author Topic: Any Other Ideas???  (Read 922 times)

Offline StrtDoc

• Zinc Member
Re: Any Other Ideas???
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 03:51:26 AM »
Well, when I built this machine, Win 7 wasn't on the market. Wife-ack doesn't understand about men and their toys, so I won't be able to buy it for a while now. I was really wanting to install Win XP when I built, but it wasn't on the market either. I was stuck with Vista at the time, much to my dismay. Will look into the free trial though, until I am able to upgrade this POS.

Until then, I don't understand why AHII has worked up until now. There must be something that can get me online so I don't have to cancel the subscription until I can get Win 7.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 07:11:22 AM »
A re-install of the game may not fix the problem.  If any corruption of a config file in the games "settings" folder occurs, then the only way to fix it is to either rename the "settings" folder, or manually delete the "settings" folder.

Also note, the problem could be firewall related, and/or anti-xxx related (Norton users beware!).

No report from you on this.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline StrtDoc

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 11:26:43 AM »
I have sent an email with a dxdiag, picks of pingplotter, and a list of everything I have tried to get it up and running. I tried renaming the settings file and deleting it with no luck, turning off my firewall, disconnecting the router, renaming and deleting ahlogo, but still a no go.

Thanks for the help,

:salute

Oh, and I hate Norton and McAfee, I use AVG and disable it for gameplay.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 11:28:18 AM by StrtDoc »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2011, 11:32:45 AM »
Rename the entire Aces High folder and make a new installation.  Before making any changes, try it.  If you can get offline, but cannot get online, then something is blocking the game from getting connected to the server.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline StrtDoc

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2011, 12:10:29 PM »
Quote from: Skuzzy
Rename the entire Aces High folder and make a new installation.  Before making any changes, try it.  If you can get offline, but cannot get online, then something is blocking the game from getting connected to the server.

Okay, I tried renaming the old AH folder, reinstalling and attempting to get into the online arena. I got the same "Aces High has stopped working" message when attempting to go online. When attempting to go into the offline arena, it went to full screen, opened the loading bar and then crashed to black screen, but that is an improvement over what was happening before, which was the same thing as the online arena.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2011, 12:21:13 PM »
Ok, if it is crashing trying to go offline, then there is a configuration problem between the game and the computer.  If you sent in the DXDIAG, I'll review it today and see if there is something going on.

What type of video card is in the computer?  What does DXDIAG show for both video and sound cards?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline StrtDoc

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2011, 12:27:22 PM »
Quote from: Skuzzy
Ok, if it is crashing trying to go offline, then there is a configuration problem between the game and the computer.  If you sent in the DXDIAG, I'll review it today and see if there is something going on.

What type of video card is in the computer?  What does DXDIAG show for both video and sound cards?

1.  Video Card is EVGA Nvidia GTX 260
2.  Sound Card is onboard RealTek HD (I tried to update the driver for this, when the game was working, and it caused a loss of sounds, so I replaced the old driver and sounds were fine again)