Author Topic: AH Crash  (Read 1646 times)

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
Re: AH Crash
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 07:38:09 PM »
Just installed update, got that first time I tried to log into arena. Deleted AH from my firewall rules and then added it again. Working fine now.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline TwinTail

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 09:32:48 PM »
Delete it from rules?
d-40 and d-11 easily out turn a spixteen
==*Top Gun*==
TwinTail

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 10:16:37 PM »
4 times tonight finally give up

Offline cactuskooler

• Skinner Team
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 01:02:29 AM »
I tried four sorties tonight during TT. The game crashed on each one within 5 minutes.

I changed nothing between last night and tonight. I flew for several hours tonight and didn't have a single crash while ingame. I did have four or five crashes while changing arenas in the lobby though. I don't know what the difference was.
cactus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Noseart

Offline hyzer

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2011, 08:10:51 AM »
Got a strange crash last night.  I'm updated and everything has been working.  Just after pressing the button to get to LWO I got a windows crash screen.  It probably isn't all that useful but I'll post it below just in case.  After this crash, I rebooted the system and got back in normally, then the power blinked as the huge giant scary storms started rolling through last night.  I decided to quite while I was ahead at that point.   :)

Problem signature:
 Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
 Application Name:     aceshigh.exe
 Application Version:  0.0.0.0
 Application Timestamp:        4db726a7
 Fault Module Name:    aceshigh.exe
 Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
 Fault Module Timestamp:       4db726a7
 Exception Code:       c0000005
 Exception Offset:     0017979f
 OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
 Locale ID:    1033
 Additional Information 1:     0a9e
 Additional Information 2:     0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e 789
 Additional Information 3:     0a9e
 Additional Information 4:     0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e 789
We have clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?

Offline Lepape2

• Nickel Member
      • YouTube musician/video channel
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2011, 09:35:45 AM »
I crashed only once right when the game loaded for the first time after the update. Is fine now (Win7, not run as admin). I only crash when I'm Alt-Tabing back to the game once or numerous times while the textures are reloading but that was with previous version too.
Jug Movie 1 - Hunt or Prey
Jug Movie 2 - The Jug's Tail

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 07:15:23 AM »
Have had AH crash on me in the past but can't remember how long it's been since the last time. Several versions ago surely. I didn't fly on Wednesday night but did last night and did have a crash out of nowhere with no changes to anything on my end. Heard a couple of squaddies say they'd also crashed.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 05:12:48 PM »
crashing since patch for me W-XP here
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline sarge201

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2011, 03:32:05 PM »
Same here for me, got skins and stick settings back but now I get the app crash window. Cant even fly online at all.

Spent 4 min in the DA to test. Tried to change to the MA and app crash!  Had to hit reboot, tried again probably 10 times over the last couple days and no joy!

I have tried all the tips and tricks but nothing works. Including a complete wipe and fresh install.

How about a downgrade back to the latest stable level before the latest patch so your paying customers can use what they are paying for?

I know HTC will get it fixed but until then can we at least get it online stable?

Oh BTW I have a dual boot and have tried in both WIN7 64bit and XP, both are the same.

Sarge201 2nd Wing X.O. 77th FS "Gamblers"

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2011, 09:57:35 AM »
This is also starting to happen to me. Win7 x64.

I am NOT getting Delieriums "moving mountains" effect, but I *AM* getting massive FPS lag. I have a top-end system and before the GV code revision and the subsequent patch I had no trouble gaming for hours on end without fail. I would get closer to 200 fps when I turned vsync off.

I have a high end system now... It can muscle through anything.

However, I'm getting massive FPS loss down to 7fps in some cases around trees and low-level fights.

I DID notice a few odd things. The sunset tints the sky orange... Along with kills FPS more than the trees.

However, if I had the sunset off my 10 oclock last night, and I looked 2 oclock, I could see the orange tint blink off, and go back to neutral. The ground and the haze were blinking grey/blue when I looked 2 oclock back to orange-tint when I looked straight ahead. It was like the rendering for the sun's light was being cut off if the sun itself wasn't being rendered.

Some funky stuff going on with this update.

Per Skuzzy here:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,312085.0.html

It could be a sound issue for those of us with Windows Vista or Windows 7. Per that thread the common thread also seems to be we get it much more frequently when going through the lobby than just joining the server directly.

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2011, 10:13:39 AM »
Running Win 7 Pro 64-bit here (see signature links for details) and for the very first time, I'm seeing that "Aces High has stopped working" message. 

Also noticed something else that's new: a *huge* frame rate hit when I first log in and get to the tower, which seems to clear up after a minute or so.  This only happens with - maybe - every other login.  Puzzling.  Almost as though something big was downloading in the background...?

Have not seen any video tearing though.

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline TwinTail

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2011, 10:23:14 AM »
I flew 3 sorties in MA last night. stopped for a second in the tower to look up into the sky searching for planes and....Crash. I really doubt its something on Our end that is causing this with so many wide spread cases since the update.
==*Top Gun*==
TwinTail

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2011, 10:23:44 AM »
Running Win 7 Pro 64-bit here (see signature links for details) and for the very first time, I'm seeing that "Aces High has stopped working" message. 

Also noticed something else that's new: a *huge* frame rate hit when I first log in and get to the tower, which seems to clear up after a minute or so.  This only happens with - maybe - every other login.  Puzzling.  Almost as though something big was downloading in the background...?

Have not seen any video tearing though.

No, not something in the background, I've been getting that too... I thought it was unplayable the first time I logged in. Second time wasn't nearly so bad. Third was horrible... You're right it's about every other time. I think it might have to do with (maybe) the time of day inside the arena. I did notice that the sunset made the FPS hit even worse. That dawn/dusk time was single digits. I had to break off my dead-as-a-doornail target from 400 out because I had single digit FPS more than once last night.

Offline TwinTail

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2011, 01:48:34 PM »
Im also noticing that every once in a while when the game crashes, i come back to find my field of view in the video setting is changed from my normal 115, to the default 106.

Clue?
==*Top Gun*==
TwinTail

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2011, 02:25:33 PM »
I got a complete crash last night, didn't even give me the AH has crashed warning, just straight to desk top.

im running XP :headscratch: