Author Topic: AH Crash  (Read 1647 times)

Offline TwinTail

• Nickel Member
Re: AH Crash
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2011, 04:20:31 PM »
I downloaded the high texture pack today as a possible Fix.....I have not had a crash yet today. Will post back tonight with more results.

EDIT: played for 5 hours today between morning and afternoon. Had no crashes after DLing the hi res pack.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 06:34:25 PM by TwinTail »
d-40 and d-11 easily out turn a spixteen
==*Top Gun*==
TwinTail

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2011, 12:38:31 AM »
I already had the hi-res installed and it crashes for me.

Offline TwinTail

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2011, 11:00:08 AM »
The only other thing i did was cut down the services running in the background that black viper has under his "tweaked" catagory.

EDIT: i left it idle in the lobby for about 15 mins, and when i came back it crashed.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 11:21:03 AM by TwinTail »
d-40 and d-11 easily out turn a spixteen
==*Top Gun*==
TwinTail

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2011, 10:52:48 PM »
I have a high end system now... It can muscle through anything.

However, I'm getting massive FPS loss down to 7fps in some cases around trees and low-level fights.

I also noticed that even in the half-sized SPLASH SCREEN my FPS has dropped to only 40fps or so. I believe it used to peg at 60 (monitor refresh) before this new-gv-driving update and subsequent patches.

Now even before the game loads my FPS is lower? Why is that? The game hasn't even loaded yet! It makes no sense, I tells ya!

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2011, 01:06:15 PM »
Error message in windows to close program when tank completed rearming on hotpad.........unless tank is not supposed to use  hotpad....I'm a little new.

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2011, 10:27:32 PM »
Also getting crash with or without hi res pack.  Perhaps 2 per night.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2011, 10:44:27 AM »
Well I gather there was some tweaking with the way certain tiles were being displayed, and HTC adjusted something about how it displayed in one of the revision patches...

So on a hunch I went out and scanned for newer graphics drivers.

Note: I had no problems with AH before the GV update, my graphics were good. However, with the intent of just getting past the problem any way possible, I found a newer ATI driver (11.5) and installed it. This has minimized most of the problems. FPS is back up to a respectable level as of last night. I still get artifacts, however. Little blue boxes render around geometry edges and such.

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2011, 09:18:48 AM »
I had that happen last night. I logged in and was in maybe for about 3-5 minutes. When I spawned on the runway, my screen went black and had to re-start the whole computer itself.
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline sparow

• Nickel Member
      • http://249sqn.wordpress.com/
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2011, 04:18:40 PM »
Hi all!

I would like to report 3 or 4 consecutive crashes last Wednesday night. I was playing and suddenly AH would go to desktop with a black window and losing mouse and keyboard command. In all those occasions the action sound continued for a few seconds until it became "looped" and a Microsoft error message popped up...

I turned off all programs and, finally, turned off the anti-virus, leaving only my firewall. To no avail, crashed twice.

This was a very, very rare issue. Lately started to disco more frequently. Now, the crashes are since last update...

I'm running a low-end machine with XP SP2.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance,
Sparow
249 Sqn RAF "Gold Coast"
Consistently beeing shot down since Tour 33 (MA) and Tour 8  (CT/AvA)

Visit us at http://249sqn.wordpress.com/