Author Topic: GV hell on earth. Listen up HTC.  (Read 4498 times)

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: GV hell on earth. Listen up HTC.
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2011, 01:45:09 PM »
Fixed gv spawns really spoil the gv game. It's just retarded to see people land 20 kills in a gv knowing they most likely were all spawn camps. Unlike airfields there isn't even a way to know if a spawn is camped before you try to spawn on it. GV spawns should be random on a 1 squaremile area so that the spawnee has a fighting chance.

GVing is ALL about the spawn camp.

The "best" gv "battles" are two spawns right on top of each other.

Move the spawns apart and the GVing dries up.

See also: Tank Town.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline *PAPA*

• Zinc Member
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2011, 01:45:53 PM »
Actually with some thought a good opportunity for the tank would be analogue controls with left and right braking features.
All Your Base Belong to us.

Offline *PAPA*

• Zinc Member
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2011, 01:49:48 PM »
Yeah ... from what I have read, the WWII tanks were whisper quite while operating so as to not distract the tank crew. In fact, they were so quite that many a crew member fell asleep while running around the battle field.

when it comes to adding features into a "GAME", "fatigue" is a consideration. Some of the wise bellybutton remarks to this post come from guys who don't even gv.

Offline *PAPA*

• Zinc Member
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2011, 01:51:19 PM »
Keep looking.  Hopefully you find it by the 15th.   :rofl

Found it, thanks

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2011, 01:51:55 PM »
when it comes to adding features into a "GAME", "fatigue" is a consideration. Some of the wise bellybutton remarks to this post come from guys who don't even gv.

because of the new system, i now GV.    :aok       sink or swim cupcake
-AoM-

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2011, 01:53:10 PM »
when it comes to adding features into a "GAME", "fatigue" is a consideration.

It is?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2011, 01:56:27 PM »
It is?

ack-ack
think he's talking about mental fatigue...judging by the rants, not hard to believe.  :rolleyes:
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2011, 02:31:41 PM »
think he's talking about mental fatigue...judging by the rants, not hard to believe.  :rolleyes:

:aok
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2011, 02:38:16 PM »

I have been here close to 10 years now. I have played all aspects of this game from top to bottom.

I don't find the noises in a tank any more disconcerting nor fatiguing than the engine in a plane. It's all part of the experience and the game, and if you can't handle what the game is throwing at you, then you need to look more towards chutes-n-ladders online maybe.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline RobMo68

• Nickel Member
      • Pigs On The Wing
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2011, 02:58:42 PM »
One thing I've been curious about is the modelling of how a WW2 turned.  What I've wondered was if the new keyboard method of turning the tank isn't in fact more "realistic"?  Did tanks of that era turn by effectively braking or halting one of the treads? The tread was either moving or not, on or off like the current/new key stroke system?

I'm not trying to make a point here I'm honestly curious about how these tanks handled, naturally I would suspect that they were all a little different but I seem to recall that the M4 series was driven with two levers?   :headscratch:

"Most" of them operated by means of clutching and/or braking the independant tracks, although "some" did have independant gearing for the separate tracks (I can't think of which ones atm, but some were German, possibly the Tiger and Panther series).
Speed68a
Special Forces Wing: POTW nUb:"Get outta my mud, biotch"

+~WARPIGS RACING~+
ERL S3R9 Winner

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2011, 03:02:03 PM »
  I like the new sights but the new key board controls not so much. The mouse and key board controls is just why I didn't like World of tanks. I like driving with a stick much better. As for the extra sounds I just turned them down some. The new sights has made the Tiger king of the battle field again in Aces High and it is worth the perk points now.

As for spawn campers. The campers took the time to drive for 15 minutes to get in position to camp to begin with. There are only a very few close spawns in this game. The closer the spawn the better the fight like v135 and V85. I wish every map had a spawn like these two. Long boring drives to get into action is a major down side to tanking in AH.

Offline DarkHawk

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2011, 03:15:20 PM »
R 105 IF you have an X52 use the extra hat switch for the awsd keys, you can now drive with the joystick, set that up for gving make a much better control.
DHawk
49DHawk
XO for BOWL (DHawk)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2011, 03:16:44 PM »
  I like the new sights but the new key board controls not so much. The mouse and key board controls is just why I didn't like World of tanks. I like driving with a stick much better. As for the extra sounds I just turned them down some. The new sights has made the Tiger king of the battle field again in Aces High and it is worth the perk points now.

As for spawn campers. The campers took the time to drive for 15 minutes to get in position to camp to begin with. There are only a very few close spawns in this game. The closer the spawn the better the fight like v135 and V85. I wish every map had a spawn like these two. Long boring drives to get into action is a major down side to tanking in AH.

Here ya go ...

The only thing that will be added is an analog control input to steer. You will be able to use either keys or rudder/stick to turn with. We are not going back to the old system. We will also be adding some display in the commanders position such as speed and gear.

HiTech
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline *PAPA*

• Zinc Member
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2011, 05:01:23 PM »
I have been here close to 10 years now. I have played all aspects of this game from top to bottom.

I don't find the noises in a tank any more disconcerting nor fatiguing than the engine in a plane. It's all part of the experience and the game, and if you can't handle what the game is throwing at you, then you need to look more towards chutes-n-ladders online maybe.

You're awesome.

Offline *PAPA*

• Zinc Member
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2011, 05:06:04 PM »

Dude drafts my account every month and it has never bounced so I bloody well can speak out.