Author Topic: Vent bomb**** free arena  (Read 2124 times)

Offline zippo

• Zinc Member
Vent bomb**** free arena
« on: May 06, 2011, 11:55:28 AM »
  There are many people here who for whatever reason do not want to fly but like the ground game.  A couple of months ago, I got tired of driving 5k, getting bombed, driving 5k, getting bombed. upping a flak, driving 5k to find tanks waiting, etc, etc.  So I quit AH and tried World of Tanks....didn't like it so I came back here.
  There have been many threads asking for a bomb**** free arena for GV'ers.  I can't understand why some people fly to tank town just to screw up other people's game.  Can't fly and need easy kills?  Want to see their name when they land them?  When trying to take or defend a base, tanks are fair game in my opinion, but when bomb****s interrupt a good tank fight, I don't get it.  Sometimes both sides on the ground just want a gv battle( yes, aviator types, there are people who would prefer that you not bomb the other tanks or take down the vhangers).
  I've spent a lot of time online gaming (was muzz in Air Warrior days). I know, that's ancient history to most of you but it was fun.. people would actually stand off and let you have a 1v1 instead of 10 piling on 1...yeah I used to fly.
  Hitech, you have an arena for WW1 which is rarely used...why not a GV arena which would be?

Done venting now...but I don't think I want to continue paying for what I'm getting here.  That being the case, I'm cancelling my subscription.

zippo       BTW bomb****s...............................................................byte me

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Re: Vent bomber free arena
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 12:00:35 PM »
There's a bomber-free area on Trinity, which goes unused--try and get your like-minded compatriots to fight there
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 12:06:52 PM »
Understand the frustration, there's a couple things to try.  First off there's a GV area in the dueling arena, I'm not sure how much use it sees but if you may be able to get a few friends in there for some uninterrupted GV fights.  Alternatively if there are attack craft patrolling the skies over the GV fight in the MA, put a call out on country channel that sounds like a target rich environment to this fighter pilot. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 12:37:17 PM »
the DA has a GV area that can be fun

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 12:39:49 PM »
 There are many people here who for whatever reason do not want to fly but like the ground game.  A couple of months ago, I got tired of driving 5k, getting bombed, driving 5k, getting bombed. upping a flak, driving 5k to find tanks waiting, etc, etc.  So I quit AH and tried World of Tanks....didn't like it so I came back here.
  There have been many threads asking for a bomber free arena for GV'ers.  I can't understand why some people fly to tank town just to screw up other people's game.  Can't fly and need easy kills?  Want to see their name when they land them?  When trying to take or defend a base, tanks are fair game in my opinion, but when bombers interrupt a good tank fight, I don't get it.  Sometimes both sides on the ground just want a gv battle( yes, aviator types, there are people who would prefer that you not bomb the other tanks or take down the vhangers).

Why should GVers expect some sort of special treatment in the MA by thinking that they shouldn't be bombed?  If you want to GV unmolested by bombers, there is a place in the DA where you can go.  If everyone tells us that like to fight to go to the DA, then the same answer is valid for GVers like yourself...go to the DA if you don't want to be bombed.

I've spent a lot of time online gaming (was muzz in Air Warrior days). I know, that's ancient history to most of you but it was fun.. people would actually stand off and let you have a 1v1 instead of 10 piling on 1...yeah I used to fly.

Take off the rose tinted glasses, what you see in AH, you saw all the time in AW as well.

Hitech, you have an arena for WW1 which is rarely used...why not a GV arena which would be?

GV arena would probably be as successful as the WW1 currently is.  Sure, for the first tour or two it might hold the community's interest but would soon die down like the WW1 arena has.  In addition, not many people realize that the WW1 is actually our de facto beta server as it was intended for new features to be introduced and tested in the WW1 arena before being rolled out to the main arena.  You wouldn't be able to accomplish this if you were to get rid of the WW1 arena and replace it with the GV arena.

Done venting now...but I don't think I want to continue paying for what I'm getting here.  That being the case, I'm cancelling my subscription.

zippo       BTW bombers...................... ............................. ............byte me

Cancelling because you can't be bothered to defend yourself in a GV against planes and you're upset because someone had the gall to bomb your tank?   :rofl

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 12:47:55 PM »
If you ask for fighter cover because you keep getting bombed i would think a lot a fighters would turn up, shooting up IL2's who are molesting Gv's if fun :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 01:01:58 PM »
Might be worth it to go in an attack aircraft on your first sortie and destroy the closest enemy air field's ordnance or coordinate with a friend who likes to do jabo missions, although if you do it yourself then you have more control over what you want destroyed and what you want left intact (IE: if I want a tank fight, I bomb the ord as a priority and then anything else except the enemy VH and radar, this way when I up in a vehicle their radar shows no aircraft and they can't up a plane with ord, so they will either up vehicles or try to take you out with a cannon-laden plane (which are nuisences and a threat, but at least you have a fighting chance against them compared to a 1k bomb dropped from 5k or more above you).
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 01:16:35 PM »
I think a lot of GV wishes like this are shortsighted in their view of aircraft's impact on their game.  There are venues for GVs to fight fairly unmolested, but as other have pointed out, they are usually empty.  The overall "war" effort helps drive the GV battles, even if you personally don't run GVs for that reason.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline zippo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 01:17:48 PM »
Cancelling because you can't be bothered to defend yourself in a GV against planes and you're upset because someone had the gall to bomb your tank?   

Not much defense against a bomb**** if you are off the base, is there?  Unless I go tank hunting in a flak.

Why should GVers expect some sort of special treatment in the MA by thinking that they shouldn't be bombed?  If you want to GV unmolested by bombers, there is a place in the DA where you can go.  If everyone tells us that like to fight to go to the DA, then the same answer is valid for GVers like yourself...go to the DA if you don't want to be bombed.

No, I've already cancelled.  I don't think I'll be bombed any more.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 01:21:20 PM »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 01:24:08 PM »
so long scooter...maybe with the weather warming up you can get out of the house and learn that none of this stuff is really worth crying about.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 01:27:26 PM »
let us know what your new game ID is when you renew your subscription so we can fly over and bomb you :)
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2011, 01:28:27 PM »

have fun in Hello Kitty Online Adventures...I'm sure you'll find that game more to your liking.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2011, 01:39:11 PM »
Bummer.  I am so sorry that other players interacted with you in a manner you deemed unfitting.  I thought you were giving an opinon of how the game should be played for a minute but you were just letting us all know that you were quitting.  Too bad really.  There are so many answers that would have helped you have fun here again, some of them posted here.  I am going to really miss you here man, as I fly over where you might have been sitting in your GV while I have alot of fun playing the game with so many different things to do.

Where ever you go, what ever you do, no matter what game you play, it is up to you to learn how to play and then play.  Maybe you could go play a real life game, like softball, and then if you do not like the "3 strikes and you are out" rule, you can quit when they won't change it to "4 strikes because it would be soooo much fun for you that way.

Note: The sarcastic comments posted above are in no way the opinion of HTC but are offered as an editorial and only reflect the opinions of the poster.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2011, 01:40:57 PM »
1 less mouse player. :devil
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins