Author Topic: Just for CAP1 a real car!  (Read 2372 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: Just for CAP1 a real car!
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 12:40:20 PM »
Ok, now it makes sense.  I was missing the context of your post.

The Cobras were not modified.  They are also not 1960 vintage, but the new ones built by Shelby and Kirkham, which are tooled from the originals.  The underpinnings are all stock.  The original Cobras beat Ferraris on thier own turf.  That is what they were built to do.

Cobras are a handful to drive.  They have a rear weight bias, coupled with very high torque, high horsepower engines and a short wheelbase.  You can swap the ends in a Cobra faster than you can blink, especially in turns.  Trailing throttle need not apply. :)

The Cobra is the only American car to win the World Manufacturers Racing Cup.  It did it two years in a row, but the second win (they took the top 3 spots) was disqualified, by the over seeing authority, by virtue of a rule change for the event, after the event was finished.

Haha, based on the video I assumed the "Mustang" Cobra since it was a mustang vs a Nisan in the film.  :rofl  I was like WTH is he talking about a Cobra beating it.  After your second post you got me thinking that maybe you were about a 1960 Shelby  :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 12:44:24 PM »
World Manufacturers Racing Cup ???

Also known as the FIA World Championship.  The Cobras won it in 1965.  Keep in mind, Enzo had pulled team Ferrari from all FIA events as they could not compete against the Cobra and the car Ferrari built to beat the Cobra would not be sanctioned by the FIA.  So Ferrari dropped out in 1965.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 02:05:58 PM »
Also known as the FIA World Championship.  The Cobras won it in 1965.  Keep in mind, Enzo had pulled team Ferrari from all FIA events as they could not compete against the Cobra and the car Ferrari built to beat the Cobra would not be sanctioned by the FIA.  So Ferrari dropped out in 1965.

I remember that Skuzzy,my uncle was a Ford guy,as in worked for the company.He told me ford had tried to buy Ferrari but Enzo said no so Ford decided to go out and beat Ferrari.

That was the start of the GT40 program! Meanwhile this texan with a bad heart had bought all thess english AC carbodies!

For some reason he thought he could make a car outta thos AC bodies,if they only had an engine!!!!

:salute

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 02:24:27 PM »
the last Viper coming out looks stunning, and is rumored to be packed a 12 cylinder 8.6ltr 750hp hennesey tuned engine.  wish i could afford it.  :pray
id like the fuel bill for a year. irregardless of how much its driven.... 12 cylnders, 8.6l and 750 hp takes a lot of fuel to keep running. and itd probably have to be 93 octane.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2011, 02:38:51 PM »
id like the fuel bill for a year. irregardless of how much its driven.... 12 cylnders, 8.6l and 750 hp takes a lot of fuel to keep running. and itd probably have to be 93 octane.

We have several daily driver 600 to 800 RWHP camaros in the club. You'd be surprised how efficient they can be for the HP and TQ they put out..
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2011, 02:40:23 PM »
dont know what Camaros are getting off the lot, but just out of curiosity and chits and giggles care to share some of their MPG off the lot and with all that power?
HogDweeb

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2011, 03:31:21 PM »
the last Viper coming out looks stunning, and is rumored to be packed a 12 cylinder 8.6ltr 750hp hennesey tuned engine.  wish i could afford it.  :pray

Trust me.  You don’t.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2011, 04:26:26 PM »
HogDweeb

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2011, 04:27:20 PM »
Trust me.  You don’t.   
The viper has allways been my favorite sports/muscle car.

trust me, i do.

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2011, 04:33:11 PM »

trust me, i do.
this post has me wondering.do you have your license? if so...you must have a good paying job.
HogDweeb

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2011, 04:42:08 PM »
Not sure it is a job thing.  I know a lot of hot rod owners who live very minimalistic lives.  They live to put the next best part on their car.  They are the American hot rodders.

I recall one morning at a Cobra breakfast gathering we were sitting and talking, enjoying the breakfast.  Then this guy walks up and starts ranting, "Do you have any idea of the resources you guys waste and the damage to the environment you are doing with those cars!?!!?"

We looked at each other and started laughing (about 16 of us).  Then one of our guys turns to the ranter and says, "I think the only damage might be the broken nose you are about to suffer if you do not leave us be."  Immediately, everyone at the tables turns to look at this ranter.

He quietly backed away.  We started laughing again.

Yes, the Cobra is as about environmentally friendly as a range fire, but from my perspective it represents something we should not just throw away.  Some of you will know what I mean.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2011, 05:03:44 PM »

Real Car..
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2011, 05:16:33 PM »
If somoene has to rant or have a problem with the environmental impact and sustainability of a weekend hot-rod, don't (or in that case, do) bring up the subject of toilet paper (and ask him if his american keister uses double or triple-ply).
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2011, 05:17:31 PM »
this post has me wondering.do you have your license? if so...you must have a good paying job.
yes i have my licence.

and it wouldnt be my daily point a to point B ride.

more like a "weekend warrior", i believe the phrase is?

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2011, 09:09:49 PM »

trust me, i do.

It is a dog.   I've driven 2 on a track for my job (hopped up GTS-R's by Roush) and an RT/10 for fun at another old job.    Trust me, they are NOT worth the money.    
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC