Author Topic: Just for CAP1 a real car!  (Read 2240 times)

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
Re: Just for CAP1 a real car!
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2011, 02:09:06 AM »
Im following the course of your statement.

But here is why.

Racing is responsible for pretty much all the safety gear we have in vehicles today. Seatbelts (harnesses in early racers), calculation of crumple zones, anti lock brakes.

Cap already answered. It is quite obvious. Yes it does.

Now Penguin. I have already stated my viewpoint, and it is not for me to say whether you are right or wrong. Everything on earth, is the interpretation of fact, and the emotions associated with them.

However. The reason I attack you penguin, is because you ask for it. Over and over. And I answer with Snide remarks penguin because to be quite honest you earn them.

Showing consideration to people, would probably get you further.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 02:26:23 AM by Plawranc »
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2011, 03:31:25 AM »
There is nothing about the GTR that makes me want to own it.  It isn't hard to build an inexpensive performance car these days.  The Mitsubishi EVO IX is almost half the cost of a GTR and runs the "ring" about 30 seconds behind a stock GTR.  I wouldn't want either one.  I concede that they are both impressive from an engineering point of view, but hardly exciting beyond paper statistics.  Give me a 427 Cobra, Ford GT... Hell, I'd rather have an Audi RS6 Avant... Something about a twin-turbo V10 station wagon intrigues me...  And that's my point, a car need to be more than 1/4 mile times, lap times and BHP.  I want something a little out of the box, a little raw.  Insane even.  I want a car that makes impresses me, makes me smile ear to ear.  I don't care if anyone else likes it.  I don't care if it fits the performance car paradigm.  As a matter of fact, I love it when people say "Why the hell did you do that? It's stupid!"  Why?  Because it was a blast!

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/1989-ford-shogun/188042/ (At 1:28, Jay nails it on the head!)

Offline mijoieau

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2011, 04:13:27 AM »
Why is there always one that comes in a makes a simple topic into some save the whales and i am smarter than anyone that likes cars?
I suggest less trolling and more respect of what others like and i like rice cookers and love to see the difference of the american muscle cars v the good cars (nissans) arguments.

What i will say is that after looking into some of the yank tanks that you guys like i am more than impressed where the USA muscle cars have gone as there are some very impressive cars out today that i didn't know just how fast but more than speed could handle with simple rear wheel drive force.

I love high tech like the GTR but also love pure grunt and the noise of the USA cars if only nissan could go away from the tamer noise then i would have it all.

In the end its all good fun and its opened my eyes up to USA muscle sure their ghay looking but more and more impressive if only the US cars would put some high tech in the mix then i may tend to think the GTR is all over but till then. (never)

Forkit

Offline Perrine

• Nickel Member
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2011, 04:29:28 AM »
Forget the GTR

This Toyota + Yamaha collaboration = pure sex :rock... and unapologetically Japanese.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5R-oi91bd4

Japanese car makers haven't released something very hot, sexy & soulful since the Acura NSX and Mazda RX-7 debut 18+ years ago...  

Offline Perrine

• Nickel Member
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2011, 04:54:33 AM »
Also, this could've been a serious competition to Nissan GTR and Lexus LFA...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpMAfsSk7jM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0OTEZDAb9c&feature=related

- (rumored) Priced between the GT-R and LFA
- F1 inspired Honda V-10
- Dual Clutch transmission
- Super Handling All-Wheel-Drive (said to be the most advanced in the world, with active torque vectoring!)

but... what's almost basically 99% production-ready was aborted, world economy and gas prices killed it.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 05:12:19 AM by Perrine »

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2011, 07:49:38 AM »

GTR = $90,000
ZR1 = $140,000

The improvements made to the 2012 GTR makes the ZR1 a bit overpriced.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMSckkYkIA0

In pure objectivity, why pay $50,000 more when GT-R has better balance, aerodynamics, better NVH, faster response time between switching gears (with a flick of a finger) , and better lap times around the world, and better acceleration from the dig.

Subjectively though, with the way the car was engineered (and the philosophy behind it) this is the closest the masses can experience Bugatti Veyron refinement and performance.
Thus, GTR = Baby Veyron.

GTR=$90k
Shelby GT500 Super Snake(top line)=$83k. this shelby will kick the gtr's ass, eat the entire car for lunch, and spit it out as an altima.

what just about everyone in here missed, is that they've compared nissan's top of the line performance car to shelby's mediocre performance car. why is it there isn't a comparison of the GTR vs the Super Snake? hhhmmmmmmm.......
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 07:54:19 AM by CAP1 »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2011, 09:31:37 AM »
Im following the course of your statement.

But here is why.

Racing is responsible for pretty much all the safety gear we have in vehicles today. Seatbelts (harnesses in early racers), calculation of crumple zones, anti lock brakes.

Cap already answered. It is quite obvious. Yes it does.

Now Penguin. I have already stated my viewpoint, and it is not for me to say whether you are right or wrong. Everything on earth, is the interpretation of fact, and the emotions associated with them.

However. The reason I attack you penguin, is because you ask for it. Over and over. And I answer with Snide remarks penguin because to be quite honest you earn them.

Showing consideration to people, would probably get you further.

This was all you needed to say; sorry, but, the rest was just fluff.

Yes, you have stated your viewpoint quite clearly.  I do not debate that, it just seems obvious that you have done so. :headscratch:

This assertion is unsupported, and the burden of proof is upon your shoulders.  Furthermore, I posed a question of fact, not one of opinion or emotion.  This debunks your notion of having followed the course of my statement.

The fact that my viewpoints differ from others' on this board does not reduce nor restrict my right to express them, provided that I stay within the allowed range of topics of this board.

By showing consideration, you imply that I ought to agree with everyone else's opinion, or not express mine if it differs.  This is absurd, because this board is intended for the very discussion of differing viewpoints and the settling of disputes.  Point debunked.

-Penguin

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2011, 09:54:23 AM »
My oldest daughter called me Saturday from College Station. They drove up there for a carshow. My son-in-law had entered my old 98 Z-71 he had bought from me earlier this year. He got 1st Place in 4WD.

Not bad for a first showing of a daily driver with 225,000 plus miles on it.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2011, 09:57:15 AM »
Nicely done!  Does his career involve racing?  If so, what kind?

-Penguin

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2011, 10:02:01 AM »
Penguin racing.
They stuff em in a cannon and the one shot farthest wins.
See Rule #4

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2011, 10:10:56 AM »
Penguin racing.
They stuff em in a cannon and the one shot farthest wins.
:rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2011, 10:30:12 AM »
The GT-R and Vette are in different classes primarily because of this.....

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2011, 10:36:03 AM »
The GT-R and Vette are in different classes primarily because of this.....

(Image removed from quote.)

They most certainly are in the same class.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2011, 11:32:28 AM »
Sure dude.......

goes back to work finishing a custom twin turbo vette.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2011, 11:34:19 AM »
Sure dude.......

goes back to work finishing a custom twin turbo vette.

Keep trying to compare stock production cars to custom track cars.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC