Author Topic: What to say to my ISP?  (Read 1805 times)

Offline xcom

• Zinc Member
Re: What to say to my ISP?
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2011, 04:28:28 PM »
Gotta love this ISP service...
My ISP response - as long as you have internet access we are not responsible for any lost traffic.

And to make things even better, they are offering a "premium service" called - "Gamer account" this will ensure higher priority to my connection and a different more "clean" routing, all this for only an additional 9.99$ a month, how greedy can they get?!  :bhead

I asked the Representative if he can put me on the service for a trail out before i purchase it to test if it solves the problem, and it works just fine!

I guess i found an answer to the problem,
Thanks for everyone's help!

FYI -
When i tested the connection with the new service, The Ping Plotter remained the same, but the connection to the main arena was working good! i could connect and stay connected, i wasn't getting thrown off after a few seconds...
Does that mean the Ping Plotter does not show the actual connection info?

Offline Softail

• Copper Member
Re: What to say to my ISP?
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2011, 06:23:33 PM »
Wow....like buying a car and then they ask you if would like brakes with that car....that'll be extra!   :rofl

So in essence they cripple their service with bad routing then offer efficient (aka Correct) routing at an additional cost.    :headscratch:

I wouldn't doubt the PingPlotter.....  I'd keep a close eye on your ISP.   :mad: