Author Topic: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 42936 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #855 on: June 26, 2011, 12:34:44 PM »
Ok its hypocritical to post but I would be delighted if the next time I get an E mail alert of a post here its some results  :aok

As a member of The Few with all the tarring with the same brush that has been going on my opinion is Jekyll was right to raise the issue of films for clarrification then it should have been left to BE to clarrify. It required maybe 4 posts in total. If people then are still not satisfied I would sugest at most and with restraint a pm to BE and then if not satisfied don't enter next time.

I am British and nearly 50 which probably invalidates my opinion but I grew up with a mentality that how one conducts oneself in general is more important than winning. I have no way of understanding how all this got so out of hand  :old: I am amazed BE has the time and patience to put up with it  :salute

And in my opinion anyone who raised issue with Jekyll raising issue just to stir the pot and destroy the tournament was right. 

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #856 on: June 26, 2011, 01:26:04 PM »
Am on my daughter's phone. Will be leaving tonight to head back home....

Funny thing I was bombarded by personal messages after trying to meet Wednesday night. I sent a personal message saying im leaving out of town and then get pm's as if the pm's i sent were never acknowledged or read..... I know you are central time zone... but for a week now you have been online after 12 midnight central time...

Is beyond me why you couldn't meet me online ACE....

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #857 on: June 26, 2011, 01:36:35 PM »
Too hard to read all these persoanl messages on this phone... 

Will read them when I get home...

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #858 on: June 26, 2011, 01:43:30 PM »
Sorry TC someone called out Wednesday and I had to go in.  I have to work again tonight so Monday or Tuesday morning night (unless I work) should be fine...
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #859 on: June 26, 2011, 03:04:26 PM »
.... Therefore, you got what u deserved.....Now what do u have?

The victory? you lawyers can yap all you want about rulings. The fans of the bracket who aren't moved by the mob's torches and pitch forks, all know who the real winner was.  :salute
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 03:39:39 PM by Vinkman »
Who is John Galt?

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #860 on: June 26, 2011, 04:49:53 PM »
The victory? you lawyers can yap all you want about rulings. The fans of the bracket who aren't moved by the mob's torches and pitch forks, all know who the real winner was.  :salute

Vink, it's over.  Let it go bud!
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #861 on: June 26, 2011, 08:43:21 PM »
I guess I should have done this much ealier today knowing that TC has been out of town but here's the next bracket update.

I'm giving Frytruck and TC an extension to 10:00 PM Tuesday to get their fight in.

This one's for the finals:

I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #862 on: June 26, 2011, 08:51:15 PM »
PM sent lepape,     :salute
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #863 on: June 27, 2011, 08:54:45 AM »
But if you want to keep undermining BE's hard work Dedalos, keep talking.

:rofl OK, at list the thread is turning funny now.  I am undermining BEs work now?   :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #864 on: June 27, 2011, 09:01:58 AM »
I'm beginning to think that a few people (no pun or reference intended) are trying their hardest to put an end to these tournaments. 

Even if I decide to go forward,

I think you should.  If you are going to stop it should be because you did not have time, got tired of it, or lost interest.  Not because a couple of guys are crying.  If you think about it, it is really only a couple that are complaining.

It's enough that the economy is bad and that for whatever reason player numbers are down.  I do my best to try to encourage people to join this event so that there's enough diversity of talent to allow even the relatively unskilled to possibly have a chance.  All that effort is lost, or worse reversed, by this.

I've seen a lot of people say "no offense to BE" but how can I not take offense?  It's my charachter and judgements that are being questioned and frankly, I think I've shown a lot more charachter than a lot of posters in this thread. 

If you have a problem with the way I run the tournament send me a PM and I'll be more than happy to have a civil dialog over it when I have a chance.  If you're determined to make this event a shell of what it could be then keep it up, you're doing a good job.

I would take offense to it too.  Even if you make a mistake here and there (and i am not saying you have) it should no matter.  Someone can always PM you about it but at the end, it is a free service.  No one is forced to use it or is paying for it.  Therefore, people really need to shut up and move on.  Who ever does not like it or you, can start their own.

The best way to know and see if you have the support of the majority is do it again.  My guess is that you will have more people attending, and e few guys eventually explaining why they are not.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #865 on: June 27, 2011, 10:20:47 AM »
dedalos you cant just shut up and let it die now that the dust has settled some

three fights left lets see if everyone can avoid trolling for those three fights
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #866 on: June 27, 2011, 10:28:33 AM »
^^^   :salute
AoM
City of ice

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #867 on: June 27, 2011, 10:54:59 AM »
I might need an extension for whoever I fight next, TC or Fryrtuck. Going camping w/ my dad next week.
Good luck Krupcake....I'm pullin for ya!!! :salute

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #868 on: June 27, 2011, 12:53:04 PM »
dedalos you cant just shut up and let it die now that the dust has settled some

three fights left lets see if everyone can avoid trolling for those three fights

Can you?

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #869 on: June 27, 2011, 01:41:58 PM »
many of you have no idea what dedalos has done for BE and this tourny in the past.
just sayin
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.