Author Topic: Titanic everyday? Yep!  (Read 7296 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: Titanic everyday? Yep!
« Reply #180 on: June 13, 2011, 06:12:12 PM »
The increased Mega Locust Swams... Now guaranteed every day of the week makes me vomit. :uhoh

Then do not go fly near where they are operating.

"Doctor, my head really hurts after striking it repeatedly with a hammer..............."
Wag more, bark less.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #181 on: June 13, 2011, 06:22:09 PM »
I didn't see any HORDES, I saw a lot more missions, I saw large number of fighters defending, flying BAR CAPS and CAPS.   I saw fighter strikes, bomber missions.

You do understand that the idea behind war is to hit the other guy  with more people then he can hit you with, right?

You do understand this is a game, not war, right?  ;)
It's supposed to be fun for everyone.  Unfortunately, everyone has a different idea of what's fun. People should just do what's fun FOR THEMSELVES, and quit worrying about all the others that don't play "their way".
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Online Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
« Reply #182 on: June 13, 2011, 07:02:46 PM »
There are 3 arenas where there are no hordes.  That's 75% of the server space.

If you hate hordes, gather your hundreds or thousands of followers/believers and lead them there.  Prove that those unter-people that are deluding themselves that they are having fun, and paying a good dollar to do so, are simply some lower form of on-line gamer unable to display to higher qualities of the purist.  If nobody rolls up, that is good too.  There's more you can do.

You can simply continue to whine on the boards that the other kids won't play how you want them to and then go off and keep playing with yourself.
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #183 on: June 13, 2011, 07:06:24 PM »
surf's up,  ride the waves!!!   :airplane:
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #184 on: June 13, 2011, 07:51:09 PM »
Popcorn?
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #185 on: June 13, 2011, 08:08:03 PM »
Sea sickness
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #186 on: June 13, 2011, 08:25:27 PM »
Yupp and what i like now is the 200 crying.....HORDES HORDES HORDES......... :rofl :rofl.....Get it right...IT'S MEGA HORDES :rofl :rofl :rofl. So all you that wanted 1 arena.....get use to it :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

I havent seen any megahordes. Just large groups of people fighting one another At one point Knits were trying to take 1 base and the rooks tried slipping past from 1 and taking one of ours. Enough people responded to the attack to hold the rooks at bay till it became evident that we were not going ot be successful taking the base knits were after, so more and more upped to defend 16. Ending result was something of a chessmatch  that ended in a stalemate and yet another fight between 1 and 16.

Looking around the map there were plenty of fights both large and small to take part in And just about anything you felt like doing was there for the taking.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 13, 2011, 08:45:53 PM »
I havent seen any megahordes.

I did.

Both Rooks and Bish had their times when massive swarms were rolling over the map, grabbing a dozen bases almost uncontested during 2-3 hours. Interestingly the guys complaining most about that weren't the fighters but landgrabbers who do not hesitate to be part of a smash & grab horde themselves. They only whine when the enemy does it ("They never fight each other, always gang us")

But then, everything also was to be had. At the flank of such a swarm, I had the longest 1v1 in ages.  The great thing with having more than 300 players on a large map is the overall increase of variety. There will be boring horde steamrolls, but also giant extended battles, minor clashes at remote locations, and finally I saw a good deal of bomber missions back in game - a thing that was particularly hard to organize with arena caps as low as we had seen recently.

I prefer facing a horde over an anemic arena every day of the week.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #188 on: June 13, 2011, 10:04:44 PM »
The game is fun again. Period. I wish I had more time to play.  /pleasantsunbat
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #189 on: June 14, 2011, 05:33:36 AM »

I did.

But then, everything also was to be had. At the flank of such a swarm, I had the longest 1v1 in ages.  The great thing with having more than 300 players on a large map is the overall increase of variety. There will be boring horde steamrolls, but also giant extended battles, minor clashes at remote locations, and finally I saw a good deal of bomber missions back in game - a thing that was particularly hard to organize with arena caps as low as we had seen recently.

I prefer facing a horde over an anemic arena every day of the week.

Ok saw one last night but...

I agree with you on every point. As Sunbat else just said. "The game is fun again"
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #190 on: June 14, 2011, 05:44:41 PM »
The Locusts are swarming, but at least the Knights havent had a problem avoiding it (or finding it) since the arena changes, consistantly during my play times.

I think the Hordes offer something that many want to experience at least once if not during their whole evening of play.  I think it would help if we could add other things/missions on the side of the "hordes" to offer tempting rewards to players looking for some reaction to their action on the other team.  Hordes are kind of an instant mindless form of this, head to the flame, shoot down two bad guys before being shot down yourself, and bam, you feel rewarded.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #191 on: June 14, 2011, 05:56:23 PM »
It's fun but could be better if the Horde vrs Horde fight would break off into multiple bases being attacked.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #192 on: June 14, 2011, 06:21:36 PM »
It's fun but could be better if the Horde vrs Horde fight would break off into multiple bases being attacked.

It happens, but only if the two locations are similar or equal to the shortest flight times to reach the fight.  Currently I feel it's a one-base-pony-n-horde-show due to the map up, typicaly it's one massive horde at the one base with the obvious shortest distance.  However if after a few base takes or a map change, there is multiple airfields at the same reltively short distance from each other, multiple fights will break out regularly with usually one being the biggest and most constantly fueled horde-mash.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #193 on: June 14, 2011, 06:46:27 PM »
Megahorde = Organized attack

Being in another country not thrilled to see Bish or Rook large numbers but I have to respect the people who organize the members into those missions.  :salute 

Used to be one of them (but still a Knight) back in the MAW days. Been flying since AH began and the MAW came over from AW. Funny to see people upset about the large numbers. Makes me wonder where they go when they login. To an empty base? If AH2 was not about capturing or destroying bases, then it would look like the WW1 arena with 3 bases to up and furball. Talk about a horde. These maps are so big I don't know how anyone can complain about megahordes. Lots of other places to go.
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline Assi29

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #194 on: June 14, 2011, 08:16:54 PM »
I used to get ripped from the oldtimers when I challenged caps.

Allz I gotz to say iz  :banana:

Still, I think there should be two LW arenas with no cap in either.  

One map Big.  One map Small.  Got a complaint?  This ends them all.

I'll be in the back if anyone needs me.   :aok

« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 08:20:11 PM by Assi29 »
In game - Assi      JG2