Author Topic: late war arena cap  (Read 3661 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: late war arena cap
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2011, 11:05:55 AM »
Gyrene & Grizz, two of my favorite homeys in the game.  No fighting you two!

Daddy spank!
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2011, 11:26:04 AM »
We need just one arena..... the EARLMIDLATE war arena
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2011, 11:47:08 AM »
Why is there even a CAP anymore? Shouldn't it just say how many are on that server and nothing else?

I.e. "Late War Arena - 405" instead of "Late War Arena - 405/450"?
Why is there a cap?

Is it a technical issue? I recall several HTC answers that it is not.

Is it the infamous 'cess pool' issue? If so, the stink can get in under a cap of any size.

I can't see a reason for a cap,

Personally, I have been enjoying the latest configuration. Then again, I hadn't been denied access.
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2011, 11:48:46 AM »
in your infinite wisdom, wouldn't want to put any money on that would you?

Has nothing to do with wisdom, it's freakin common sense that it was a mistake.  Obviously the one main arena should not be capped at 450.   :bhead

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2011, 12:36:54 PM »
Has nothing to do with wisdom, it's freakin common sense that it was a mistake.  Obviously the one main arena should not be capped at 450.   :bhead
:rofl  really? so adding just 50 more spots is...what?

logic isn't your strong suit i see...<crayons>

pre late war arena structure change...tuesdays, single late war arena, population cap is 800(?)
tuesday june 7th, 2011...late war arena structure change announced, single late war titanic tuesday arena setup, population cap 450 all arenas.
wednesday june 8th, 2011...single late war arena, population cap 450
thursday june 9th, 2011...single late war arena, population cap 450
friday june 10th, 2011...single late war arena, population cap 450
saturday june 11th, 2011...single late war arena, population cap 450
sunday june 12th, 2011...single late war arena, population cap 450 (now people suddenly realize there is a 450 cap)

monday june 13th, 2011...single late war arena, population cap 500
early, mid, late, ava, training, dueling arenas population cap 500
special events arenas cap 650
wwi arena cap 100

yup, it clearly was not intentionally set to 450...  :aok
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2011, 12:44:25 PM »
So what then, if suddenly 50 players join the game and it is capped again this weekend they are going to up it to 550?  :rofl

It should be uncapped period.  If enough players join again and it is consistently past a certain threshold then the arenas should split again.  Capping the main arena defies logic.  DEFIES.  Next time I try to log in the main arena and it is capped I am permanently deleting my account out of principle.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2011, 01:01:40 PM »
So what then, if suddenly 50 players join the game and it is capped again this weekend they are going to up it to 550?  :rofl
i have no clue...doesn't make much sense to me either, but...

It should be uncapped period.  If enough players join again and it is consistently past a certain threshold then the arenas should split again.  Capping the main arena defies logic.  DEFIES.
very much agreed...

Next time I try to log in the main arena and it is capped I am permanently deleting my account out of principle.
it's capped now...500 slots...just a matter of whether or not those extra 50 slots will be enough to accomodate
jarhed  

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2011, 01:31:10 PM »
why are the two SEA's able to be capped at 650 each and the LW cap is now 500..? In all my years I don't think I've seen anywhere near 650 in either SEA (Could you imagine that for a scenario!?  :rock). I don't know anything about how the server structure works, but as a layman, it feels like a "Duh" moment...  :bhead
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2011, 03:10:42 PM »
...romper room...grown men posting toddler like temper tantrums on the retardnet is worse...

I love it when people demonstrate their arguments. It makes it so easy to understand that way.

...especially considering not one of you would talk that way face to face with htc staff.

Um, speak for yourself "YES-sir."
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2011, 03:41:06 PM »
Fugi,

Please draw a cartoon of the HTC staff sitting around a table with evil grins on their face, laughing huge belly laughs with tears rolling down their face.  Have Hitech at the center of the table with a text balloon saying, “Now watch this, we will up the cap by fifty players, that’ll really piss them off…”  

It would be good if you could make it kind of last-supper-esque and you could have Gyrene (or Wrongway) leaning on Hitech’s bosom with an adoring look on his face.  Also, make sure you draw Grizz slinking away as Judas Iscariot with a canceled account email sticking out of the back pocket of his toga.  

Thanks,

SunBat   :D
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 04:17:47 PM by SunBat »
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2011, 04:07:05 PM »
450 was more of a test to see how many people actually log on at one time. Over the weekend i am sure they saw only x amount of people came to the BBS to whine about cap. so they used the x amount of whiners to adjust arena cap. this would explain the upped cap of 50.

to leave a server uncapped would be stupid. this is saying your OK with the possibility of letting your server crash due to over load of people linking to that one server.

i am sure over a span of a month HTC will be able to get a good cap set.

even back in the day when it went from AHI to AHII it had a cap. 850 if y'all remember right. now don't start on the 850 cap i know back then they used a different server.
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2011, 04:15:14 PM »
I love it when people demonstrate their arguments. It makes it so easy to understand that way.

Um, speak for yourself "YES-sir."
go for it sweetheart...go ahead and talk tough in the face of the htc staff...then post the video.

i've seen a dung pile with less crap...
jarhed  

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2011, 04:44:10 PM »
go for it sweetheart...go ahead and talk tough in the face of the htc staff...then post the video.

i've seen a dung pile with less crap...

I don't have anything left to say to them guyqueen. I've said it all to them already, you can ask them if you like. If I had known you wanted me to say it in person, I would have recorded it for you.

I've seen dung piles with more intelligence.

Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2011, 04:53:34 PM »

it's capped now...500 slots...just a matter of whether or not those extra 50 slots will be enough to accomodate

Went to log in last night and was hit with a cap. There were like 19 in early and mid war. Proving yet again that the vast majority of people simply want to be where the crowd is. I went into mid war then immediately exited seeing if I could get in that way, ready to just log off pizzed off if it was still at the cap level
Fortunately it dropped a few and I was able to get in.

If there has to be a cap just put it at 800 and be done with it. Gameplay in the arena hasnt been this good in years. Big fights, small fights, Anything ya want.
The game actually has that old time feel to it again And the fights are still going on strong when I decide to log off.
Something I havent seen in a very long time.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2011, 05:06:57 PM »
I don't have anything left to say to them guyqueen. I've said it all to them already, you can ask them if you like. If I had known you wanted me to say it in person, I would have recorded it for you.

I've seen dung piles with more intelligence.
so you spoke your mind behind the magic curtain and now you're a mouth breathing forum troll...excellent.

here's a twinkie
jarhed