Author Topic: I suck!  (Read 2014 times)

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
Re: I suck!
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 11:20:05 AM »
the default view on any plane is NOT look front. If you press look front the view will not change because you have not defined it. Try pressing look front, move the view and save it. If you release the button the view will come back to default view, if you press the button it will go the view you save just before. That is the view is use to set the over nose view. Hope I'm being clear with my limited english   :) SOme people actually set their default view to "over the nose" and press look front to see their instruments.

on the other hats I used to have zoom in/out, the trimmings and primary/secondary fire. The trigger is fire all guns.

I'm confident with my SA so I never did the lake with no ammo, but others did with good improvement. I do the gunnery stuff every once in a while when I'm not sure about certain planes.

now posting as SirNuke

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 11:49:06 AM »
I think what he means by default view is that while you sit there and not touch any buttons you are looking out the front . When I push my hat to 12 o'clock I have the up view. I have the pink switch as the modifier. So with the hat in the 12 o'clock position I and the pink as I get the up/front view.

A good but boring excessive is to fly around the drones off line doing loop and yoyos but never loose site of the drone you pick. That is what some mean by by getting your head outside of the plane. Learn to fly without looking out the front window.  .

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2011, 10:11:36 PM »
I'd be willing to work with you Max, but my schedule is absolutely crazy.

Aren't you a full time Tiffie driver?
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2011, 10:56:38 PM »
I will teach you Max, you will learn :neener:

Offline MoJoRiZn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2011, 12:35:01 AM »
the default view on any plane is NOT look front. If you press look front the view will not change because you have not defined it. Try pressing look front, move the view and save it. If you release the button the view will come back to default view, if you press the button it will go the view you save just before.

:headscratch:

one of the trainers told me that all planes default view was looking straight ahead 12 o'clock without having to program any keys. you open with saying "the default view on any plane is NOT look front." but you finish up with "If you release the button the view will come back to default view,"  i have heard of some who insist that one should use the "over and right or left of the nose positioning" of their numpad 8 key, but that was also told to me by the trainers that it was a personal preference. some trainers also said that using the zoom way in to shoot is a personal preference and can become a bad habit by limiting your field of view, can cause one to get locked in to target fixation and makes it hard to use other views for SA when in zoom in mode and in a fight.

the ones who use the shooting while below the nose by using the over and right of nose view usually use their tracers to walk the bullets to their target which is more of a crutch rather than practicing and learning true deflection shooting when the enemyred is below the nose. could one of the trainers give us some clues or info regarding these matters

i like the idea of going to da lake and seeing howlong you can survive dodging others with no guns to shoot back, sounds like elementary school dodge ball where they formed the circle and you was in the middle dodging the ball. not like high school where you had 2 teams one on each side.

i was taught that the most important views while fighting are the following forward, forward up, up, back up, back, left, right  with secondary important views being back up right, back up left , right up , left up. learn to read your con in your particular viewed position and which way your con is moving in relation to that particular view, this is very important i was told

trainers  Widewing, Murdr, TC, Badboy, Ren taught me alot
"Well, I woke up this morning, and got myself a beer
the future's uncertain, and the end is always near     Let it roll"

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2011, 02:26:30 AM »
Its by player preference but all the good players I know use it ^^
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2011, 07:01:40 AM »
Aren't you a full time Tiffie driver?

Used to be. These days it's a mix.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2011, 07:06:08 AM »
I will teach you Max, you will learn :neener:

Sounds good Flat. After all, you must have hours of film of my 6 in your gunsights  :D

Maybe a bit later this morning if you're around?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2011, 07:46:12 AM »
Max have you adjusted your head positions to get the most out of your hat views?

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2011, 08:09:01 AM »
Yes FLS. I recently downloaded Murdr's hps file tho haven't installed it yet. Will do so this morning and see what the changes may be.

Del - I'll shoot you a PM.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2011, 02:32:44 PM »
Keep at it and film all your fights so you can go back and watch them later.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2011, 09:36:25 AM »
Good question. One of my squaddies insists I was trained at the Stevie Wonder School of Situational Awareness :)

I have a CH setup w/ F-stick, throttle, peds. I have 8way hat set to (starting at 12:00) front-up, front right, right, rear right, rear, rear left, left, front left. Pinky key is set to look up modifier. Note - none of my views are up or dwn except for 12:00 and the pinky.

Yes I do lose sight of nme in a fight...too often in fact. If I'm in a furball or 2v1, I may as well be wearing a blindfold.

FWIW, this is the exact same set up that I use. I've mapped my D key as a look down modifier, but seldom use it.
I also went through a phase where I tried the over the side of the nose view but found it to be ineffective for the way I aim and shoot. I agree it's a personal preference thing, but have not seen anything that would link it with improved gunnery in my opinion.
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2011, 10:02:00 AM »
You're too good to survive!

If you're new to the game or very low on ability, you get one or two kills then escape to saftey because you know you're going to die if you stay.

You as a decade long vet on the otherhand are quietly confident in your ability to the point that you always, always push your luck to get 'just one more scalp then I'll RTB'. That is my prognosis :)

You could survive if you wanted to, but long ago you realised how fruitless landing kills really is. So you push and push every sortie to get a higher kill count.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 10:04:40 AM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2011, 10:48:46 AM »
Batty, the gates of Heaven just aren't good enough for such a fine soul such as yourself :D

Offline awrabbit

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2011, 05:24:31 PM »
Hiya Max,

I just got all of my stuff set back up for some flight time.   I will look for ya in the TA. I am pretty rusty and when I took my last break I was terrible at best.   

been flying since off and on since 01 also .  was shocked that the 412th kept me in the squadron !

Rabbit

Rabbit