Author Topic: An apollogy is in order  (Read 1931 times)

Offline Tern

• Zinc Member
An apollogy is in order
« on: February 17, 2000, 11:57:00 PM »
To any and all of you whom I may have offended in the past, I apollogize.  Whether deliberate or mistaken and escalated.  I offer no excuses.  We all know, each and every one of us, who has offended whom and who has not.

Good hunting

------------------
O.E. 'Tern' Dillon
"Live to Fly!  Fly to Fight!  Fight to Live!"

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
An apollogy is in order
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2000, 12:55:00 AM »
*bows...*

------------------
Saw/Saintaw
BISHOP'S FINEST FLYING BRICK

186th  Wardogs (Falcon4 Squad)
 http://www.wardogs.org/
"Firepower Mate, that is what separates the men from the boys..."

[This message has been edited by Saintaw (edited 02-18-2000).]
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

JENG

An apollogy is in order
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2000, 03:57:00 AM »
Hats off Tern...  

I know everybody gets pissed off sometimes (hey it happens alot to me too, but I got a bud on RW to piss to  ...hey saw)

When I saw the posting with your slur I was realy confused... I mean... I've encountered you in the arena and you've always seemed as a nice fella (checking 6, telling where cons are, whishing good luck)... so it came as a surprise to read this...

This community means alot for me... nice to see you back  

BEE

PS: I suggest renting Hangtime's kitten... maybe he'll even lend it to ya   PUNT... MAAAAAUUUUW...  

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
An apollogy is in order
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2000, 07:27:00 AM »
Apologies are nice, but let's focus on policing our actions so we don't ever have to say "sorry". This is a great game, and we should all feel like brothers of the same cloth while playing.

<S>

------------------
banana
**MOL** (Men of Leisure)

Offline Tern

• Zinc Member
An apollogy is in order
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2000, 09:49:00 AM »

Originally posted by banana:
Apologies are nice, but let's focus on policing our actions so we don't ever have to say "sorry". This is a great game, and we should all feel like brothers of the same cloth while playing.

<S>

You misunderstand me.  And what "slur" posting is Jengg refering to?

------------------
O.E. 'Tern' Dillon

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
An apollogy is in order
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2000, 09:58:00 AM »
I think we need a clarification.

Are you "Terne" online? If so, there was definitely a slur. If not, then you are the victim of mistaken identity.

I have to think HTC has both your account info and BBS registration to compare, so it would be easy to double-check for verification. Either way, we should be clear who we are addressing here.

Offline indian

• Copper Member
An apollogy is in order
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2000, 10:30:00 AM »
This has been on my mind  sence the posting was wandering if it was the same person or not. Most of us were taught to forgive and forget, which at times is hard to do. I believe we should let him back this time and let this be an example of what will not be tollerated by the community. The game belongs to HTC the community belongs to all of us.

------------------
Tommy (INDIAN) Toon
  Cherokee Indian
Home of The Allied Fighter Wing A.F.W.
A.F.W. Homepage

Offline Tern

• Zinc Member
An apollogy is in order
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2000, 12:09:00 PM »

Originally posted by Kieren:
I think we need a clarification.

Are you "Terne" online? If so, there was definitely a slur. If not, then you are the victim of mistaken identity.

I have to think HTC has both your account info and BBS registration to compare, so it would be easy to double-check for verification. Either way, we should be clear who we are addressing here.

This both Tern and Terne.  What I said was a childish "Strike back at the bully thing" in PM to a certain indivdual that had said some rather nasty things about family in general and my mother in particular.  FYI - I lost my mother on December 17th last year, after a lengthy battle with cancer.
It is up to HTC to decide my fate in AH.  Nothing I say here can change the fact that I tried to slap another player down verbally.  As for the abuse part... Look into your own homes and ask; "Did I really have to harangue that player?"  Before casting stones.
I've already told Pyro that I'm willing to make ammends and put this behind me.  It appears that at least two other players are not, and that I will deal with when the time is right and in the proper format.
Now on with the game please?

------------------
O.E. 'Tern' Dillon

Offline artoo

• Zinc Member
An apollogy is in order
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2000, 12:32:00 PM »
Bygones be bygones is good enough for me.  Let's get back to killing each other in an atmosphere of mutual esteem and warm fuzzy feelings all around.  

Offline Tern

• Zinc Member
An apollogy is in order
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2000, 12:33:00 PM »
Yes Kieren, Tern is Terne.  Now what hblair did was totally uncalled for.  What HTC did by letting it stay up was even worse.
At the time, and I'm not trying to excuse it, I was extremely upset for reasons I will not go into.  I lashed back at someone that had offended me personally.  It was meant to stay in a personal PM, which the recipient could either snapshot and send to HTC or forget about it.  But it was between HIM and ME.  If I wanted to drag everyone in the sim in on this I would have used channel 1.
It was a snipe aimed directly at one person and one person only.  You want to get pissed at someone, chew hblair out for making it public.

------------------
O.E. 'Tern' Dillon

Offline Kirin

• Nickel Member
An apollogy is in order
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2000, 12:55:00 PM »
more confusion:

Are you TerneToo too? Whom I met yesterday in the Training Arena? QuakeWarrior3, remember?  

Kirin out
Real men fly Radial!

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
An apollogy is in order
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2000, 01:00:00 PM »
Tern(e)-

Bear in mind, I'm not judging you at all- not my job. I simply wanted to know for sure who we're talking about.

But as far as posting the pic publicly, go back and read the thread. Who was the first person to say it should have been sent to HTC privately?  

I am not angry, I am not in the position to chew you out, but will say the pic did capture a racial slur. You asked for someone to tell you what "slur posting" you made. That is mispoken. He is referring to the thread where the pic is posted with your slur in it.

I think the issue is played out, don't you? I say, if you're sorry and say so, we should just go on and try to forget about it.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
An apollogy is in order
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2000, 01:28:00 PM »
Damn Hitler's, give the 'ol boy a break. He apologized in a fair manner. Pretty standup concidering.

I agree, it was a mean verbal attack, but remember it was for one individual to see it, that being the person Tern directed it at.

Does that make it right? Nope.
It was stupid, but out of anger on the personal family attack, and at least everyone didn't have to see it. Personal things should never be posted. In fact, being the nature of the conversation, it REALLy never should have been posted. That was in my opinion the lowest blow. It was a invisible message for a brief second, now it's on the net for the world to read. If one person has to be offended, why do we all have to see it too? Send it in for proper handling, and get over it.

Peace,

Creamo

[FYI, I'm sick of people calling Niki drivers dirty "JAPS." Happens all the time, noone blinks. I can say I've dated only Asian women for years and if you called her a Jap or a Zipper Head near me, I'd be...um...slightly interested. I guess it's just racial remarks directed at a certain group that seem so alarming.(clue:They ALL are)

[This message has been edited by Creamo (edited 02-18-2000).]

Offline Tern

• Zinc Member
An apollogy is in order
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2000, 02:16:00 PM »

Originally posted by Kirin:
more confusion:

Are you TerneToo too? Whom I met yesterday in the Training Arena? QuakeWarrior3, remember?  

Kirin out

No kieren. TerneToo was Frosty1.  He took my name as a rib at me for shooting him down or something like that.  Might have been when he got a kill credit for my bailing...
So TerneToo is innocent.  Still   ?

------------------
O.E. 'Tern' Dillon

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
An apollogy is in order
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2000, 02:24:00 PM »
LOL! Now things are confusing!

I am K I E R E N.

There is a K I R I N.

We are not the same!   It was exactly this type of question that made me ask for clarification.

I know there is 214CaveJ and CavemanJ.

There is Verm and Vermillion.

Quite confusing!