Author Topic: B-17  (Read 4120 times)

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: B-17
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2011, 11:20:20 AM »
I order of ease of kill I say Lanc>24>26 and the 17 being the hardest..  Karnak, you just have to know where to hit a lanc and they fold like a paper airplane under a truck tire and their defensive armorment isn't as good as some of the others..  Last month I was 8 and 0 against lancs...  they's easy meat....  :x
Thats survivability.
The lanc is tech better armored than the 24, but its defencive armament is horrible compared to the 24. and theres a huge gap difference between the 2's gun package. The lanc does have a higher ceiling altitude, but not enough to make it more liable to survive than the 24. so for ease of kill, yes the Lanc is easier than the 24. the only way i can think of to justify flying the lanc, is for its perk-free big bombload. or if your british, wanting to fly your country's own bomber.

but the 24 def excels above the 26 in survivability. a bigger armament, slightly better armor, higher ceiling, more ammo. plus the 2 extra engines to rely on.

29's would be harder to kill then 17's simply because of the amount of ammo they carry, and the massive gun package it poccess. along with its ceiling altitude and its top speed.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2011, 11:21:02 AM »
QFT   :aok

my little picture didnt upset you now, did it logan?  ;)

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2011, 11:33:07 AM »
I doubt that the bombers "armor" are somewhat close to what the real ones had. I mean what makes the B26 nearly unbreakable compared to a 110 for exemple? What makes the A20 so resistant compared to single engine planes?  And there is a huge gap between the one that have the old 3D models and the ones with the newer modeling...for exemple the B26 can't loose its tail gunner in aces high  :noid
now posting as SirNuke

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2011, 11:49:06 AM »
Actually no....    My "funny" image was right along the same lines as that conversation you and the other guy are having... Neither have anything to do with the B17

my little picture didnt upset you now, did it logan?  ;)

I am just a fisherman, and you, as always, hook really fast, really easy.  For that, I thank you little guy!   :salute
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2011, 11:50:56 AM »
Actually no....    My "funny" image was right along the same lines as that conversation you and the other guy are having... Neither have anything to do with the B17

I am just a fisherman, and you, as always, hook really fast, really easy.  For that, I thank you little guy!   :salute
you say you hooked me because i responded to you. yet your responding to ME aswell.

so, who's hooked who?  :neener:

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2011, 11:58:20 AM »
you say you hooked me because i responded to you. yet your responding to ME aswell.

so, who's hooked who?  :neener:
I'm getting dizzy...
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline cut67

• Nickel Member
      • 483 BG
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2011, 01:22:20 PM »
So going on 2 bombing runs in the DA makes me a person who does nothing but Bomb in the DA? And I have not seen any rules like that. And no Im not wrong you say all we do is bomb, tell me when was the last time you saw us bombing? A month or two ago? Tyrannis you are a complete idiot. Do you ever wander how many people do not like you? And you never shot me down I turned hard and lost a drone thank you very much. No please stay out of my post from here on out I do no value your opinion on anything. <S>
The bombers give the boom and the fighters give the zoom

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2011, 02:50:11 PM »
I order of ease of kill I say Lanc>24>26 and the 17 being the hardest..  Karnak, you just have to know where to hit a lanc and they fold like a paper airplane under a truck tire and their defensive armorment isn't as good as some of the others..  Last month I was 8 and 0 against lancs...  they's easy meat....  :x
All bombers in AH are sitting ducks, unless they are too fast to intercept.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2011, 04:19:45 PM »

Of course...just some are armed with shoguns.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2011, 06:37:08 PM »
LOL...
I'll give you the secret decode number that disputes that. 999000...
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2011, 07:34:45 PM »
LOL...
I'll give you the secret decode number that disputes that. 999000...
I've met him.  I shot him down when I did.  It was no harder than any other bomber.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2011, 08:14:35 PM »
So going on 2 bombing runs in the DA makes me a person who does nothing but Bomb in the DA? And I have not seen any rules like that. And no Im not wrong you say all we do is bomb, tell me when was the last time you saw us bombing? A month or two ago? Tyrannis you are a complete idiot. Do you ever wander how many people do not like you? And you never shot me down I turned hard and lost a drone thank you very much. No please stay out of my post from here on out I do no value your opinion on anything. <S>
just about a week&a half ago. you all did your "lets climb to 20k, bomb the DA fields, and make another movie out of it!"
i remember it clearly because everyone blew up on vox commenting about how stupid you all looked, climbing THAT high just to bomb bases that you cant take.
you were out of icon range, while sitting on the runway. THATS how high you dweebs were.  and whats funnier is your group never even came down from the safety of 20k until you were alll that way back over in the bombing section of the DA.
im not saying you JUST bomb in the DA. but you are a DA bomber. and it gets annoying when we're trying to take off to go to the lake, and we have to wait until the little-ones get done carpet-bombing the runway to spawn.
your not very liked in the DA yourself kiddo  ;) and yes, i shot down 1 of your bombers, and show the other ones tail up until my engine finally gave out.
and dont forget to count those 3 1v1's we had. fun times.
now shush child. you have no argument.  :ahand

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2011, 08:16:07 PM »
Back on topic: if attacked correctly, all bombers can become easy targets. especially if your able to dive at an angle, out of the sun.

but its usually the people who think buffs are easy kills, that become easy kills themselves  ;)

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2011, 10:55:39 PM »
Back on topic: if attacked correctly, all bombers can become easy targets. especially if your able to dive at an angle, out of the sun.

but its usually the people who think buffs are easy kills, that become easy kills themselves  ;)

This. I've been shot down by a spit 8 in one or two passes, and then I shoot down 262s without any major damage to my drones. Difference was: the spit knew what he was doing.
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2011, 11:21:23 PM »

Why would one attack an armed bomber in a way that makes the attacker a target, e.g. crawl up his six?  Of course the attacker is going to be diving from far above and a bit to the side.  At the very least if pressed for time the attacker should be slashing from the side.

Sure idiots do, but in my experience the people who do that are not the people who claim bombers are easy kills, they are the people who whine about buff guns being over modeled.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-