Author Topic: Claiming HO on 200 when you lose  (Read 4647 times)

Offline Domin

• Copper Member
Re: Claiming HO on 200 when you lose
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2011, 12:00:22 PM »
Let's be clear about something first.  I expect in the MA that most everyone is going to face shoot.  In the end also understand that I won't say anything about being HO'd unless it's an old timer who knows better.  Thankfully that doesn't happen too often.

Just because someone is nose on to you doesn't mean they are going to shoot.  I come across folks often that don't HO, and like me try and cut the merge as close as possible.  It's definitely my fault if I guess wrong and get blasted.  

Bottom line though is it is a choice to take the face shot.  Because of that it only takes one to HO.

So you go ahead and take that shot, if that's fun for you :aok  I'm going to take my chances and not take that shot in hopes the other guy wants to dance instead :)

I agree. I duel in the DA a lot where it's more of a gentlemen's fight. In the MA I do die sometimes when merging and trying to avoid the HO. I simply have no interest in ending the fight with a HO shot. It sure doesn't make me the better stick. Also, when it's a tight fight and your opponent is HOing, you need to be all that much better of a stick as you try to make up the additional angles lost avoiding the HOs. This makes the kill all the more sweet.

There are still some great sticks out there that are looking for a good angles fight/duel and won't HO. A <S> will always follow. These are the fights that keep me coming back.  :aok

In the end it's your $15.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 01:29:35 PM by Domin »

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2011, 12:28:34 PM »
Lots of Ho'ing going on out there. Seems every 190 and most of the 51's are taking those shots.

Just a couple days ago AKDG came after me in his 190..I was so sick of them I decided to set up a Ho (which i suck at) and crashed right into him ;( Sorry DG

Point being though...I'll be practicing the ho for any 190 and most 51's that come at me until I get my MoJo back.  
(Been gone for two years..still getting used to pulling off maneuvers and shooting at targets)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2011, 04:05:39 PM »
The following link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZvIoM4oLp0

Is this a HO or not?  I mean clearly the guy that dies is in full HO mode, even firing off a couple rounds outside of range but the ultimate victor looks to be ruddering over just a bit, little roll to the left, slight climb then ................. kill.

I'm saying it isn't but you know the guy who died immediately complained to his CO that it was a HO and it wasn't his fault he lost.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 04:08:02 PM by Zoney »
Wag more, bark less.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2011, 04:09:59 PM »
Shiv, detune 200 it makes for a happier world! :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline jocrp6

• Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2011, 04:31:24 PM »
Im a little confused on who was who,  The pony lost that fight when slowed down to turn with the CHOG, And I HO all Tempest, don't like'em

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2011, 06:35:34 PM »
Speaking from experience Grizz is correct. A HO shot is a great equalizer, and why would a pilot of Grizz's caliber want to even the field?

Great question and one I've been on/off pointedly asking him for many months now, when the opportunity arises!   :ahand

Why do you like to HO Grizz?  :devil

Still waiting for a good moment to get him back for HOing me that one time I decided to leave him be and have his fun with two other friendlies chomping at his tail on the deck.

I'm a believer of taking any oportunity that presents itself in the MA, besides you learn and eventualy get better at predicting and dodging your enemy's HOs, especialy when you concentrate on surviving them and not playing a game of chicken with the trigger taped down.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2011, 06:42:18 PM »
Why do you like to HO Grizz?  :devil

I only HO regularly when I'm flying under my shade.  That character has got to go through the HOing stage otherwise nobody will believe he is actually a new developing player.

Offline Tom082980

• Zinc Member
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2011, 08:16:27 PM »
well shiv i think a few people understood why u posted this, but the other 30 think it's about whining cause of a ho lol.  You have lost control of this tread abort now   :bolt:
Hell, it might not be very sportsman like...but it's a kill.  "Chuck Yeager"
R.I.P 11Bravo

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2011, 10:36:23 PM »
Funny, I thought about this thread this afternoon.

You expect people to cry on 200 when they die, especially when they're of the particularly inflated ego variety. There's always something else to blame other than them. I'm not sure if it makes it funny or sad when the person whining and crying on 200, and then throwing insults, cursing, and calling names on 200 when you laugh at his cries instead of arguing with him, is someone who has been around this game for quite some time, and someone whom I had quite a bit of cartoon pilot respect for up until then.

If the roles are reversed and I turn to avoid a potential HO and the other guy takes the opportunity to make a shot from directly above, while rolling inverted, now at least 30 degrees off my nose, as I pass under him from between 400 to 600 out, and nails me in the top of the cockpit with hispanos... I think "hey, crap happens."

Apparently the cooler thing to do is cry, then lie about what happened, then curse and insult.  :lol

Here's to you, Bud, you know who you are. Way to make yourself look good!  :aok
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2011, 10:43:29 PM »
Funny, I thought about this thread this afternoon.

Why?  :headscratch:
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2011, 11:09:43 PM »
I could care less if someone HO's me.

It is my responsibility to avoid the HO if I decide I want to turn fight.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2011, 11:33:21 PM »
Sorry i sukk. Looks like the truth hurts both of us  : )
Edit: true, i use to beyotch on 200. Its a bad habit, i need to change it. Dont try to hide behind your words... BUT... if you seen me hoing once...  ONCE... then you can talk. Until then, go ask your squaddies, how to kill an eny30 ride without hoing him, they know the answer for sure  : )
With all due respect.  And I mean that.  I see you tend to complain about your "ride". That being a G6, its your fault that you fly it why do you persist on telling everyone how bad it is. I feel like you make a lot of excuses for dying when you fly that.  IE "you beat me simply because your planes better"
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2011, 07:06:27 AM »
Why?  :headscratch:

Cause I was flying a toon plane, and killed another toon plane as I described in my first post, and he cried HO on 200 (when it was so far away from being a HO it was rediculous).

You don't spend all day rethinking and rehashing AH BBS threads and thinking of awesome stories to post when you get home?  :headscratch:

:lol
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2011, 02:36:30 PM »
With all due respect.  And I mean that.  I see you tend to complain about your "ride". That being a G6, its your fault that you fly it why do you persist on telling everyone how bad it is. I feel like you make a lot of excuses for dying when you fly that.  IE "you beat me simply because your planes better"
Nope, bud. You got me several times in a spit, yet never seen a complaint. Why?  : )
Couse you wasnt hoing me down, wasnt picking me, wasnt afraid of a fight.
And this is the difference.
<S>
AoM
City of ice

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2011, 02:40:38 PM »
:salute
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek