Author Topic: Aces High news.  (Read 6432 times)

Offline --)SF----

• Copper Member
      • Musketeers Squadron
Aces High news.
« on: July 12, 2011, 10:50:35 AM »
"Publisher brings WW1 and WW2 combat flight simulator to retail and digital download centers.

Publisher Iceberg Interactive and Texas-based HiTech Creations, developers of Aces High, the WW1 and WW2 MMO combat flight simulator, announced today that they have reached a publishing agreement. The agreement will give Iceberg Interactive exclusive retail rights in Europe and non-exclusive rights for worldwide digital downloads for the MMO combat flight sim.

With thousands of players with hundreds of planes and vehicles ranging from World War 1 to World War 2, Aces High is the premier MMO combat flight sim. The boxed version will retail for $30 and come with two months free subscription for the online service, as well as bonus content that has not yet been declared.

Iceberg Interactive CEO Erik Schreuder says, "With Aces High we have signed a really versatile multiplayer simulation game that combines hard core combat flight sim elements with ground-wars and naval battles. Every plane, ship or tank that you see, represents a gamer behind their PC, battling it out for glory. With vast amounts of user generated content, a vibrant community and regular free updates, this is an addictive game for anyone who likes intense dogfights and beyond. Combat flight sim as a genre has worked very well for us and we expect Aces High to be another ace in the hole.?

Dale Addink, CEO of HiTech Creations says, ?After years of continuous development, HiTech Creations is excited to work with Iceberg Interactive in releasing a European retail version of Aces High. We hope to attract a lot of new players to an already very active and loyal community.?"

I wonder how this is going to shake out...

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: Aces High news.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 10:55:46 AM »
More targets?  Yay!!!!! :banana:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 11:04:32 AM »
Dude I feel like they've been hiding this from us.  Hmmm
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 11:24:11 AM »
I wonder when the box sets will be released in Europe, it may mean a large influx of new players in the Training Arena.

Check out the pictures that Interactive posted, looks like the 80th made their way there as well.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 11:29:32 AM »
More players = good!   :aok
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 11:31:50 AM »
damn, more european players with a crappy connection  :bhead  :rofl
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 11:34:38 AM »
"Publisher brings WW1 and WW2 combat flight simulator to retail and digital download centers.

Publisher Iceberg Interactive and Texas-based HiTech Creations, developers of Aces High, the WW1 and WW2 MMO combat flight simulator, announced today that they have reached a publishing agreement. The agreement will give Iceberg Interactive exclusive retail rights in Europe and non-exclusive rights for worldwide digital downloads for the MMO combat flight sim.

With thousands of players with hundreds of planes and vehicles ranging from World War 1 to World War 2, Aces High is the premier MMO combat flight sim. The boxed version will retail for $30 and come with two months free subscription for the online service, as well as bonus content that has not yet been declared.

Iceberg Interactive CEO Erik Schreuder says, "With Aces High we have signed a really versatile multiplayer simulation game that combines hard core combat flight sim elements with ground-wars and naval battles. Every plane, ship or tank that you see, represents a gamer behind their PC, battling it out for glory. With vast amounts of user generated content, a vibrant community and regular free updates, this is an addictive game for anyone who likes intense dogfights and beyond. Combat flight sim as a genre has worked very well for us and we expect Aces High to be another ace in the hole.?

Dale Addink, CEO of HiTech Creations says, ?After years of continuous development, HiTech Creations is excited to work with Iceberg Interactive in releasing a European retail version of Aces High. We hope to attract a lot of new players to an already very active and loyal community.?"

I wonder how this is going to shake out...

will this "bonus content" be exclusive to the retail edition only? and will the content cost $$$ for regular pc-downloaders?.....  :uhoh

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 11:37:47 AM »
I always wondered why HTC didn't have a physical boxed version of the game.  But then again I wonder why anyone these days bothers with boxed versions as physical media is quickly becoming obsolete.  I suppose that there are still many people out there that like to have something they can physically hold in their hands... and even that.. well with memory cards and thumb drives being so cheap these days it would seem to me that distributing content on that type of media may soon be cheaper than printing it on a disc.  It'll be interesting to see.

Congrats HTC!  I believe this to be a great decision!

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 11:40:17 AM »

It would be nice if the "bonus material" was an interactive training session.  PLEASE!!!!
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 11:41:18 AM »
WTG HITECH.... :salute

Good for you guys and best of luck!  You deserve it!!

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 11:43:37 AM »
Well, they are going to love the European scenarios  :D

Now, if we could do something about the Pacific theater and get Coral Sea populated ...  :headscratch:
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 11:56:08 AM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 11:57:11 AM »
<3.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 12:09:43 PM »
this is excellent news, 

the need for more round the clock players in Europe will help a great deal. 
The Few ***
F.P.H